• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Best friend of armed citizen is an armed neighbor

Dave Workman

imported post

Best friend of armed citizen is an armed neighbor

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Clobbered over the head, what’s a guy to do? In Vern’s case, he ducked into another room, grabbed a handgun and after a struggle, he shot his attacker in the shoulder. By now, the neighbor showed up with…you might have guessed it…his own gun. (We can hear the audible gasps of CeaseFire Seattleites: “They have LOADED guns in their homes?!” Well, yeah, guns don’t work too well in emergencies if they’re not loaded.)

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m4d9-Best-friend-an-armed-citizen-has-is-his-armed-neighbor

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/ybgfj7z

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I don't remember where I got this snip but I think it applies here:

The America we live in today is not the same country our grandparents experienced. They were a generation that helped each other. They were neighbors who watched out for the interests of their neighbors. A large part of the population was involved in WWII, and they had to depend upon each other for their very survival. Sometimes the only thing these men and women had in common was the fact that they were Americans. Yet they cared for each other.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Was just reading your article, I must not have been updated, because last I saw in the news (couple days ago) the guy was breaking into his car...and then came after Vern when he came but oh well.

*Off topic warning*

Anyways, you mentioned security/911, and I was just thinking, if 911 provided a TEXTING service, there would be more calls for 911, and a lot more people taken away because of it being safer to text in some situations where you have an angry psycho who might whoopass if he/she hears someone on phone with 911. But then getting everyone to text with all the right info would take so long since some people are just plain stupid with providing simple information....

Just an idea, didn't mean to threadpoop. :idea:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Now this is what I call a Neighborhood Watch Program!
attachment.php

Dave Workman

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
Was just reading your article, I must not have been updated, because last I saw in the news (couple days ago) the guy was breaking into his car...and then came after Vern when he came but oh well.

*Off topic warning*

Anyways, you mentioned security/911, and I was just thinking, if 911 provided a TEXTING service, there would be more calls for 911, and a lot more people taken away because of it being safer to text in some situations where you have an angry psycho who might whoopass if he/she hears someone on phone with 911. But then getting everyone to text with all the right info would take so long since some people are just plain stupid with providing simple information....

Just an idea, didn't mean to threadpoop. :idea:

The sheriff's office updated the report, which I read and apparently nobody else did, that said the bad guy had smashed through the sliding glass door of Vern's house.

This guy is damn lucky Vern didn't blow him back to the Mississippi. Vern's pal probably ruined this guy's dancing career.

:celebrate:celebrate

Aaron1124

imported post

OMG! How dare them for putting their life on the line and resorting to firearms! Should have just called 911! It would have been safer for everyone involved!!!

*tunes sarcasm down*

amzbrady

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
I don't remember where I got this snip but I think it applies here:

The America we live in today is not the same country our grandparents experienced. They were a generation that helped each other. They were neighbors who watched out for the interests of their neighbors. A large part of the population was involved in WWII, and they had to depend upon each other for their very survival. Sometimes the only thing these men and women had in common was the fact that they were Americans. Yet they cared for each other.

I think it does apply, and it might not be the same as our grandparents experienced but our Fore Fathers forsaw things to come and made provisions just for these times. They werevery wise men.

Thomas Jefferson: "God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is
wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts
they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions,
it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ...
And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not
warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of
resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as
to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost
in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
It is its natural manure."

Thomas Jefferson: "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

George Washington: "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

Peter Venetoklis: "Taking my gun away because I might shoot someone is like cutting my tongue out because I might yell `Fire!' in a crowded theater."