• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Senate Candidate

hunter9mm

imported post

From davewestlake.org, his stance on 2A rights is

[align=center]
The 2nd Amendment[/align]

[align=center]

[align=center][/align]
It's about more than just guns...
[/align]

[align=center]
If the government disarms the public through unconstitutional regulations, it does more than just leave innocent, law-abiding citizens exposed to criminals--it takes the first dangerous step towards justifying infringement upon any number of our other rights. The slippery slope between the first gun confiscation and exploitation by a government that oversteps it's legal limitations is short and can be traversed rapidly. The only way to ensure this absolutely cannot happen is to guard the citizenry against the threat in the first place.

I fully support the right of all law abiding Americans to own guns and to carry a concealed firearm. [/align]

I might have to send him my list of questions as well.:celebrate

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Good video! I did get tired of hearing "demonize" though! :cool:

I will have to look into this guy. One thing for sure, Feingold has to go and more than him Kohl MUST go in 2012! Kohl is our worst enemy.

hunter9mm

imported post

There's still a lot of Internet chatter about Tommy Thompson running against Feingold...

Wonder if that will happen or not?

Looks as though he would have a good chance of beating him if he does run.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

BerettaFS92Custom wrote:
hunter9mm wrote:
There's still a lot of Internet chatter about Tommy Thompson running against Feingold...

Wonder if that will happen or not?

Looks as though he would have a good chance of beating him if he does run.
TT had 20 years here time for a new guy IMHO

I agree. We need new, young leaders that will fight the fight for our freedoms. All of them.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
rcawdor57 wrote:
I agree. We need new, young leaders that will fight the fight for our freedoms. All of them.
<sarcasm>That sounds like BHO!</sarcasm> Goddamn the Obamanation and its thugs.

OHBAAAMAAA.....Sounds like "Sheeeple". One Big A_s Mistake America!

hunter9mm

imported post

rcawdor57 wrote:

I agree with you too, but can the GOP put up "Some New Young Guy" that can beat Feingold. Not saying TT is the answer here, but I'd rather spend my vote on a guy thatsupports our Rightsthat has a chance to beat him, young or old!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

hunter9mm wrote:
rcawdor57 wrote:

I agree with you too, but can the GOP put up "Some New Young Guy" that can beat Feingold. Not saying TT is the answer here, but I'd rather spend my vote on a guy thatsupports our Rightsthat has a chance to beat him, young or old!
Jim, I hope so. I think this Dave Westlake may be the guy to take the Senate seat. Have you looked at his video yet? Seems pretty good and to the point. Feingold won't be easy to beat since he ALWAYS touts "I SUPPORT THE 2nd AMENDMENT" and from what I have seen of his voting record he actually DOES. But there is much more to our freedom than the 2nd Amendment and Feingold has sponsored and co-sponsored some of the worst bills in history to destroy our freedoms. That is why Feingold and KOHL must go!

hunter9mm

imported post

Ya I saw it, besides for the fact that he used the word "Demonized" about 10 times, I thought it was good.

The thing I fear the most is that Feingold has lots of $$ to spend, and we all know how politicians get into office...

To Quote Douggy...

Damn the Obamanation!!!!!!!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DEOMONIZED! Right about that. I hope he has more words in his vocabulary for his election ads!

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Go back and read the record. Thompson was no fan of gun rights, specifically concealed carry. Doyle on the other hand has been a strong component for open carry. Be careful what you wish for.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Westlake tells a good story, but "beware of greeks bearing gifts". He said nothing about the right of people to self protection. In fact he was careful to dress in unmistakable hunting garb. It appeared to be brand new off the Gander Mountain shelves. Theonly thing missing was the price tag. Didn't even have any deer blood on it,even thoughhe said he enjoyed hunting. He is intentionally putting on a "hunter" image. He like all politicians is sidestepping open carry rights and firearm rights for self protection. He says he supports conceal carry because that is a safe road. 48 states have some semblance of conceal carry so he is likely to alienate gun owners of only two states, probably worth the risk.

I'm not bad mouthing Westlake. For all I know he maythe "saviour" we are looking for. I am saying that before you jump on any politicians band wagon look beyond the smoke and mirrors.

BerettaFS92Custom

imported post

Lammie wrote:
Westlake tells a good story, but "beware of greeks bearing gifts". He said nothing about the right of people to self protection. In fact he was careful to dress in unmistakable hunting garb. It appeared to be brand new off the Gander Mountain shelves. Theonly thing missing was the price tag. Didn't even have any deer blood on it,even thoughhe said he enjoyed hunting. He is intentionally putting on a "hunter" image. He like all politicians is sidestepping open carry rights and firearm rights for self protection. He says he supports conceal carry because that is a safe road. 48 states have some semblance of conceal carry so he is likely to alienate gun owners of only two states, probably worth the risk.

I'm not bad mouthing Westlake. For all I know he maythe "saviour" we are looking for. I am saying that before you jump on any politicians band wagon look beyond the smoke and mirrors.

Lammie, feel free to email Dave Westlake, the reson for the blaze orange is to "stand Out" he is a stand up guy. between Westlake and T Wall he has more in common with the general public than T Wall ever has. Email him yourquestions and i am sure he will respond accordingly. Yes, Doug, maybe not him personally but.. his words none the less. i have talked to Dave and he is genuine. so get after it and lets give him some support.

and remember Lammie, he is running for US Senate not the state level. castle Domain is up to the state not the US yet... and i hope it never has to be decided by the US :) if i am off base i apologise

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Beretta:

I have no ax to grind with Westlake. My comments were only meant toimply that we must be cautious with any political candidate before we commit ourselves to their flock. Too often we are mesmerised by their silver tongues. Visa Vie Obama. Except for the office of president, politicians have no term limits. Once they are in office, they are in office.

Also, I said nothing about castle doctrine. Don't put words in my mouth. I meant personal protection in general, anywhere.

BerettaFS92Custom

imported post

Lammie wrote:
Beretta:

I have no ax to grind with Westlake. My comments were only meant toimply that we must be cautious with any political candidate before we commit ourselves to their flock. Too often we are mesmerised by their silver tongues. Visa Vie Obama. Except for the office of president, politicians have no term limits. Once they are in office, they are in office.

Also, I said nothing about castle doctrine. Don't put words in my mouth. I meant personal protection in general, anywhere.

Lammie,

I apologise for the mis-reading of your statement. Somehow my reading skill or lack of seemed to connect to the castle doctrine. sorry about that! I agree about the silver tongue, the one thing that seperates Westlake from Feingold or T WALL is that he comes from a true wisconsinnite background and is more or less self made. he pays his taxes and has no connection to milwaukee or madison. the big issue is that just like in the the governors race, with Mark todd, he has/had no chance of winning. the voters snd corporate controlled media think there are only 2 parties and like doug had said "lesser of the two evils" and in order to go outside the box is almost impossible to do because of the sheeple mentality. hopefully Dave Westlake is the real deal but one man alone can not change the business as usual in DC but is a start non the less :)

opusd2

imported post

I don't know, but when I lived in Madison I DESPISED Tammy Baldwin for a lot of her projects and stands on some issues. And I seriously doubt she's changed any in the time since I've been there. I'm sure she is a bigger problem in a lot of ways that is known outright since she is obviously special interest. And I don't care what she does at home in her personal time, that shouldn't influence her politics. What I do know is that she helps Madison keep it's great reputation for having dumb ass ideas to curb crime.

Maybe she should do a ride along some night for some calls on Allied and Badger.