• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Intersting OC moments in Castle Rock

centsi

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I went for a long walk this morning throughout town while OCing. I about halfway back to my house I was spotted by a CRPD K9 driving toward me down a parkway with a median. He quickly turned around, drove up to the next break in the median in front of me and pulled off to meet me there.

Officer: Hi

Me: How you doing'?

Office: Can I talk to you for a second?

Me: I'm ok, thank you.

Officer: You're ok?

Me: Yep. Thanks though.

And I walked right past him. He seemed a bit shocked like he wasn't used to having people walk right by after wanting to talk with him. I continued to walk down the parkway and within 2 minutes I had 3 different CRPD cars, 2 marked, one unmarked drive past me real slow. I waved to each of them and kept on my way. Then the K9 officer that originally stopped drove past me again, then did a u-turn turning back toward me and floored his squad car driving past me. I though that rather childish.

An unmarked Dodge Magnum awaited me at the next 4-way intersection. I waved to him and he watched me go walk up the hill for another 1/4 mile or so before driving past. 1/2 mile later on my way into my neighborhood 2 more cars, 1 marked and one unmarked, watched me as I turned off the parkway into my development.

So in all I had 7 cars, at least 6 different ones, follow me around for 20 minutes just because I was going for a walk OCing in plain daylight. Good times.

OCinColorado

imported post

Wow, talk about gestapo like intimidation tactics. Good for you in the way you handled the situation. They obviously knew that you were not breaking any laws otherwise they would have actually stopped you and detained you!

cscitney87

imported post

" Castle Rock has an open carry ban that extends to nearly every city-owned location. Castle Rock City Ordinance 9.04.165"

http://www.rmgo.org/faq/

9.04.165 Open carry of firearms.
It is unlawful for any person, except law enforcement officers in the performance of their duties, to openly carry a firearm in any Town-owned or -operated building, or on any Town-owned or -operated park, recreation area or property upon which the Town Manager has directed to be posted a notification that the carrying of firearms is prohibited. (Ord. 2003-41 §1, 2003)

Unless posted. bwahahaha

Great job Centsi

Open Carry on!

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

centsi wrote:
I went for a long walk this morning throughout town while OCing. I about halfway back to my house I was spotted by a CRPD K9 driving toward me down a parkway with a median. He quickly turned around, drove up to the next break in the median in front of me and pulled off to meet me there.

And I walked right past him. He seemed a bit shocked like he wasn't used to having people walk right by after wanting to talk with him. I continued to walk down the parkway and within 2 minutes I had 3 different CRPD cars, 2 marked, one unmarked drive past me real slow. I waved to each of them and kept on my way. Then the K9 officer that originally stopped drove past me again, then did a u-turn turning back toward me and floored his squad car driving past me. I though that rather childish.

An unmarked Dodge Magnum awaited me at the next 4-way intersection. I waved to him and he watched me go walk up the hill for another 1/4 mile or so before driving past. 1/2 mile later on my way into my neighborhood 2 more cars, 1 marked and one unmarked, watched me as I turned off the parkway into my development.

So in all I had 7 cars, at least 6 different ones, follow me around for 20 minutes just because I was going for a walk OCing in plain daylight. Good times.
Sounds as if you were the one looking for a confrontation.:uhoh:

RockyMtnScotsman

imported post

Well played Centsi!

I wonder what mischief was going on unimpeded in the remainder of their jurisdiction while so many of Castle Rock's "finest" were so busy shadowing a law abiding citizen taking his daily constitutional.

desettle

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
centsi wrote:

Sounds as if you were the one looking for a confrontation.:uhoh:
What? Are you out of your mind? How in the world do you figure centsi was looking for confrontation? I guess by your remark, anyone who CC's is also looking for confrontation. centsi was minding his own business and was well within the law.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

I put the wrong smilie. I thoughtthe one I usedwas the sarcastic smilie.:uhoh:

I have the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations,TN State department of Safety, my sheriff, and at least three local police departments monitoring what I write on the internet, specifically this forum. I have at least two BOLOs distributed State wide and probably beyond. I think theBATF may be investigating me because of what has been sent them by a gun dealer and my sheriff. I also think homeland security may be investigating.

So, I know all about unwarranted police actvity. Stay safe.:celebrate

zach

imported post

Centsi, Do you mind if I ask what development? I live in Castle Oaks, but it's still pretty sparse and I can do a 2 mile walk without walking in front of a house. If you'd rather not say or do it by PM that's cool.

I rarely see anyone cruising through my area.

ColoradoFlyer

imported post

Hey, that's way cool. Had the CRPD K9 lady driving thru my development this evening. I was walking one of my two dogs, I know she saw my Fobus with my Glock as she slowed down, she went around the block and as she drove past again I waved at her. She seemed to be ok, as I got closer to being back at the house I heard alot of sirens, sounded like they were coming into the sub division and I thought for a moment I was going to be surrounded. Nothing. Maybe something is in the air today? I spoke to several LEO's here including a Corporal, and he was very cool about it. Elizabeth PD Chief lives up and around th corner, he seems to be ok with it and DC Sheriff who seems to be hanging out with his new girlfirend two doors down from my house is cool with it. The Det who drives the Dogde Magnum is actually a pretty nice guy, not sure what all the fuss was about, maybe they got their panties in a wad because you kept walking and didn't stop and talk with the fine officer...

Zach, Castle Oak's is out there in the boondocks. Unless there is some other reason I doubt CRPD even drives thru, so you're probably safe. Me, I am down here in Metzler by Wally World, I do have those two schools to worry about but I usually don't take the dogs down there...

And finally, what's with using the "Quote" thing. This post isn't that big and it is easy enough to scroll to see what someone else wrote... I could see if you wanted to carry something forward from another page or something, but hoinestly, Sorry Dave, and gentleman from TN, not trying to pick on you all but just thought it funny...

And Centsi, how dare you. Chief Lane probably now has a report on you and you are going to be watched. Sheriff Weaver wil also put you on the watch list, stay inside and wear dark sun glasses... It keeps everyone guessing what you're up tooo....

:celebrate

zach

imported post

Flyer, It seems that CRPD actually comes through about every other week during the Spring/Summer. I know there are 2 State Troopers that live nearby and 1 other LEO, not sure if he's CRPD or DC Sheriff.

Hopefully these guys relax a little now that Spring is in full swing.

centsi

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I live off Plum Creek Parkway between Plum Creek and Founders.

Responding to ColoradoFlyer, I'm probably already on Chief Lane's list because of last years' incident. It seems to have made the rounds.

I heard about a guy who was renewing his CCW with Douglas County a few weeks ago. I guess there was going to be a lapse between when he got his renewed permit and when his old one expired. The Sheriff's deputy told him that he could get in trouble with the expired permit and it would be wiser to open carry. The guy asked whether local law enforcement would hassle him OCing the deputy relayed an incident about a guy being detained for OC in a Castle Rock Walgreens and all the complaints that guy made about it and how everyone in Castle Rock now knew that OC was legal. Kinda cool that the guy in the story was me.

I guess they know it's legal now, but obviously they don't seem to like it.

mahkagari

imported post

centsi wrote:
I heard about a guy who was renewing his CCW with Douglas County a few weeks ago. I guess there was going to be a lapse between when he got his renewed permit and when his old one expired.
How's that happen? You're required to renew 120 days before the expiration of the permit and even getting a new permit oughta only take 90 days. Was he renewing late?

ColoradoFlyer

imported post

Oh great, now we know who the trouble maker is...:lol:

All the guys I have talked to about it have been pretty cool, but you know, it only takes one to get on the radio and then they appear out of nowhere, I was kinda kidding about Chief lane's list, but I do believe there is something to that effect.

Carry On!!!!!

bomber

imported post

centsi wrote:

thats just awesome. you got some stones.