• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Intersting OC moments in Castle Rock

Evil Ernie

imported post

Wow! Lots more CR residents on the forum. Good too see that!

So who was the gentleman OCer who walked into the Founders Village King Soopers this pastweek with a young'un in tow? Yeah, I saw that...LOL!!!

Centsi, great story bro! Gotta keep those blues on their toes! I have yet to experience a negative LEO stop. Most I've had is a young jealous CRPD LEO asking me how much I like my 1911 and how he wishes he could carry one.

Oh, that and my ex neighbor who's a DCSD deputy. She had some fun busting my chops outside K Soopers last summer. I miss having her across the street. She used to wave off the CRPD when we wanted to play with fireworks...:lol:

centsi

Campaign Veteran
imported post

King Soopers may have been me a few weeks ago.

As an update to this saga, I went for another long walk last week. I was walking along Plum Creek Parkway again when a CRPD car pulled off to the side of the road an backed into turnout. At first it looked like he might be setting up a speed trap so I didn't think too much of it. Then another CRPD car pulled out of a parking lot just50' in front of me, blocking the sidewalk. There was no traffic to wait for and he was just sitting there watching me. I turned back and saw that the first car was pointed towards me and that these 2 cars effectively had me pinned from in front and behind. I decided it was a good time to whip out the HD camcorder. I didn't even get it turned on before the car in front of me pulled into the street. He then pulled into the same turnout as the other car and they said a few words to each other and both took off. And that was that.

Maybe someday they'll let it go like Douglas County and State Patrol.

centsi

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yeah. I guess it'll have to go just about everywhere with me now. It's strange that no one else in Castle Rock seems to have these same issues though. Not sure if I'm getting singled out or if I'm just unlucky.