• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Say goodbye to Stevens, say 'hello' to more armed WA citizens

Dave Workman

imported post

Say goodbye to Stevens, say hello to more armed citizens in WA

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

On Thursday, word was received from Bruce Tanaka, Firearms Unit program manager at the Department of Licensing in Olympia that 258,381 citizens now possess Concealed Pistol Licenses (CPL). This figure includes 45,853 women....

...Yet with all of these armed citizens, Seattle still has a far lower homicide rate than the similar-sized Milwaukee, WI and Washington, D.C.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m4d9-EXTRA-Say-goodbye-to-Stevens-say-hello-to-more-armed-citizens-in-WA

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/yapwdcq

ADAMS

imported post

Dave I researched into some data.

According to the US Census, the 2008 estimated population of Washington state state was 6,549,224.

23.5% of the population was under 18 leaving 5,010,156 who were 18 and over.

More than five percent of the adult population in this state has a concealed carry permit.

David Del Buono

amzbrady

imported post

ADAMS wrote:

According to the US Census, the 2008 estimated population of Washington state state was 6,549,224.

More than five percent of the adult population in this state has a concealed carry permit.

David Del Buono

Wouldnt that be awesome if it read

More than fiftyfive percent of the adult population in this state has a concealed carry permit.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ADAMS wrote:

David Del Buono
Correct...look around the next time you are at the mall, one in 20 adults has a gun on them. Now imagine if we could get them all to take off their jacket. Think crime would drop?

amzbrady

imported post

And post like they do, with exagerated statistics. Post it as 68%, maybe we can watch em all start twitching in public and straining their necks trying to find us.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Never mess with an old guy ... if he is too old to fight he'll just shoot you ...
get-off-my-lawn-4.jpg

killchain

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
Never mess with an old guy ... if he is too old to fight he'll just shoot you ...
get-off-my-lawn-4.jpg
That movie should be required viewing in every high school in America.

EDIT: By the way, that is the most American picture ever taken. Ford muscle car, Clint Eastwood, an American flag, a white picket fence, and an M14.

HeesBonafide

imported post

What is the correlation between Milwaukie and CPL? Are CPL (or guns) restricted there? Not questioning, just didn’t know.

Thanks

unknownsailor

imported post

Wisconsin is one of two states that has no concealed weapon permit system.

The other is Illinois (big surprise for you, I bet.)

killchain

imported post

Just to put it out there, all of my in laws and my wife have gotten their CPL's within the last month.

The issuing agency's secretary told me through idle chatter that in the last few months she's seen a large number of female applicants. I said good for them. :)

Jayd1981

imported post

A couple months ago my step-dad and mom went and got CPL's and my dad and step-mom are supposed to be going to apply for thiers this month. I'm definately all for more honest citizens carrying.