• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Heller II opinion

Gundude

imported post

[align=left]The registrant must submit fingerprints and two photographs for[/align]
[align=left]identification purposes. D.C. C
ODE § 7-2502.04.[/align]
[align=left]• All pistols must be submitted to the Metropolitan Police Department[/align]
[align=left](“MPD”) for a ballistics identification procedure, for which the registrant[/align]
[align=left]must pay a reasonable fee.
[font=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Italic]Id. [/font]§ 7-2502.03(d).[/align]
[align=left]• The registrant must “demonstrate satisfactorily a knowledge of the laws of[/align]
[align=left]the District of Columbia pertaining to firearms and, in particular, the safe and[/align]
[align=left]responsible use, handling, and storage of the same in accordance with[/align]
[align=left]training, tests, and standards prescribed by” MPD.
[font=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Italic]Id. [/font]§ 7-2502.03(a)(10).[/align]
[align=left]• The registrant must have “vision better than or equal to that required to obtain[/align]
[align=left]a valid driver’s license under the laws of the District of Columbia.”
[font=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Italic]Id. [/font]§ 7-[/align]
[align=left]2502.03(a)(11).[/align]
[align=left]• The registrant must have “completed a firearms training or safety course or[/align]
class conducted by a state-certified firearms instructor or a certified military

[align=left]firearms instructor that provides, at a minimum, a total of at least one hour[/align]
[align=left]of firing training at a firing range and . . . at least 4 hours of classroom[/align]
[align=left]instruction.”
[font=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Italic]Id.
§ 7-2502.03(a)(13)(A).[/align]
[align=left]• The registrant must specify,
[font=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Italic]inter alia[/font], any business or occupation in which[/align]
[align=left]he or she has engaged during the previous five years, the intended use of the[/align]
[align=left]firearm, where the firearm will generally be kept and any other information[/align]
[align=left]that MPD deems necessary to carry out the registration provisions.
[align=left]2502.03(b).[/align]
[align=left]• Unless the registrant is a new resident of the District, MPD “shall register no[/align]
[align=left]more than one pistol per registrant during any 30-day period.”
[align=left]2502.03(e).[/align]
[align=left]• Registration certificates expire three years after the date they are issued,[/align]
[align=left]unless the registrant renews the registration.
[font=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Italic]Id. [/font]§ 7-2502.07a(a).[/align]
[align=left]• The registrant may renew his or her registration if he or she continues to[/align]
[align=left]satisfy all of the initial registration requirements.
[font=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Italic]Id. [/font]§ 7-2502.07a(b)-(c).[/align]
[align=left]• The registrant must submit to a background check once every six years to[/align]
[align=left]confirm that he or she continues to meet the registration qualifications.
[font=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Italic]Id.[/align][/font]
[align=left]§ 7-2502.07a(d).[/align]
[align=left]• The registrant must notify MPD if his or her firearm is sold, transferred, lost,[/align]
[align=left]stolen or destroyed, or if the information submitted to procure the registration[/align]
changes.
[font=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Italic]Id. [/font]§ 7-2502.08(1).

The eye test in red. Rediculous. If you can hit the target, you must be able to see.

Here is a link to the pdf .... http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum16/41110.html
[/font]

Gundude

imported post

March Hare wrote:
Wow, just... wow.

And that's supposed to be considered 'reasonable'?

-MH
They left out a manual dexterity test, a physical fitness testand a medical exam.

Thundar

imported post

The stupid part of the Heller II District Court ruling was that the core right was keeping and bearing arms in the home, so significant restrictions outside the home are OK.

It will not pass muster upon appeal. Alan GUra will win at Circuit Court Level.

markm

imported post

Thundar wrote:
The stupid part of the Heller II District Court ruling was that the core right was keeping and bearing arms in the home, so significant restrictions outside the home are OK.

It will not pass muster upon appeal. Alan GUra will win at Circuit Court Level.

Hey Thundar,

I agree with your opinion. The DC gun ordinances are not consistant with Heller. If the Circuit Court does not reverse and remand, SCOTUS will. DC has slapped SCOTUS in the face.

markm

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I'm sure everyone of DC's armed criminals are lining up to be the first to comply in order to make DC a safer place! :banghead:

Seems to me that these laws are concentrating on the wrong group of people!

markm

imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:

No, I disagree with you. The law is targeted at the law abiding citizen. In order to control the proletariat, social engineers need to disarm the law-abiding. Tyranny of the governed by the ruling class does not work well when the governed are armed to the teeth. DC is ruled by redistributionist progressives.

Also, criminals are misunderstood individuals who had a poor upbringing. It is unfortunate when you become a victim of a deprived person; the real crime is a society that allows people to fall through the cracks (on crack, on meth, etc.)

Where is your compasssion?

Guns are not the problem, neo-Marxists are the problem.

markm

PincheOgro1

imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
I'm sure everyone of DC's armed criminals are lining up to be the first to comply in order to make DC a safer place! :banghead:

they always do