• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fort Boise Gun Show

ecocks

imported post

Don't know if anyone else is planning on doing the gunshow Saturday but I will be having breakfast at Shari's (on Chinden across from Fairgrounds) around 9:00am and heading over there around 10:30 or so.

Hope to see you there!

John Wolver

imported post

Fort Boise Gun Show was good. Was very busy, lots of people, lots of guns, lots of good discussion going on ecocks and I had fun.

I ran into Benjamin Franklin (forgot real name, but might come to a meeting soon) and asked for 2nd Amendment interpretation which he said was "Stay off my front porch" and "mind your business". I had a pleasant conversation with this fellow and all went well.

Ran into RK Gunsmith Robert Krone, nice guy, good work and nice shop. Will try and have his wife come to our next meeting if things work out well.

Talk to several booths and saw lots of cool things and all went well until....

The Alpha Omega gun shop booth. Having heard all of the different things, having read the door and being a person who likes to be informed of the rules of different places I asked one of people there, " What is your policy on open carry in your store?" The first person asked, a young lady working the booth didnt answer me, but referred me to the guy working the booth. I couldnt make out his name on his tag, but he was a big guy, a full beard, long salt and pepper hair.

Anyway, he comes over says hi, how can help ( i think it was something like that), and I say "What is your policy on open carrying in your store, because I see your sign on your door says no loaded guns allowed in the store" The guy then says "You open carriers are the biggest idiots I know, you cause all sorts of problems all the time. This line of conversation continued with him telling me how much experience he has, how much his business does for 2A rights and how much better his business is and will do more then our group (IDCDL) ever will. He then said you can come in our store loaded but if you touch your gun, or it looks like your are pulling it, he will "I'll Kill You." This guy stood there and said Ill Kill you to me five or six times. I almost felt threatened by his attitude and what he said just because of the way he said it and his body language. He was hostile, the whole time he spoke to me he was hostile. He then told me that the store records everything, everything that goes on, video and audio. So he can use it later orreview it later if he wants to. It is stored offsite somewhere.

I think that is most of it, if not Ed will help me fill in the details.

Needless to say, I will not shop there and I dont recommend anyone going there.

ISRAEL

imported post

Sorry, I didn't make it this time, My wife and I went to see several parks, and 2 of them we like, my boss is checking for a resevation, the one I like the most is on Phillippi and Targee if we get the reservation I will give you the address.

My daughter is going to make the tamales, and some other foods, but we want to know how many are planning to come to our 30th wedding anniversary, and if we have a lot of children we want to have a "pinata" for them to break.

Maybe today or tomorrow I will let you know whitch park we are havig the O.C. --30th wedd. pic-nic.

I will write you later, Keep O.Cing.Su amigo vaquero, Israel. :celebrate

ISRAEL

imported post

I forgot to tell you, : if you come to the park please do not bring any gift for us, every timeYolanda and Italk, she remaind me to tell you "NO GIFTS,PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I only hope that the "global warming" don't give us a cold spell.

sykosoft

imported post

Eric. wrote:
I keep hearing that about the Alpha/Omega guy.

While I do think that that A/O guy has a decent amount of firearms and gunsmithing knowledge, I've not been impressed with their prices or policies. I did buy my small little Phoenix 22 from them and on occasion ammo for things like my Nagants and Masuer, but only because I haven't found somewhere else that carries it at reasonable prices.

I much preferred Boise Guns (prices and all). I did NOT however like the Guns and Pawn on the Boulevard in Nampa (30 minutes, not even a question as to whether he could help me).

Michael

sykosoft

imported post

Forgot to mention that I picked up my 8mm Mauser at this gun show for $100. It could definitely use some cleaning, but shoots straight.

Michael

ecocks

imported post

After witnessing the scene at the Alpha-Omega table, it is my opinion that they don't deserve my business. The repeated comments that anyone touching their gun would be killed, along with the proclamations of how stupidI am/OC people areindicate that their reputation as a group of flakes is well-deserved.

The representative reminded me of the DEA agent in the video who feels compelled to tell the children how professional he is at handling weapons, then shoots himself in the foot about 10 seconds later.

As for ammo, I have found all pistol calibers becoming more available lately. I picked up 100 rounds of .380 FMJ and 20 of PDat Cabella's the other day. Wal-Mart has had 9mm, .40and .45 in the UMC 250 packs lately as well. Prices are higher than back before election time but seem reasonable compared to the current state of the market.

Cabella's, with their wide selection and layaway program, remains my first choice, with Impact and Sportsmen's as backups.Impact'swebsite, which lets you browse hundreds of makes and models is handy while Sportsmen's is in a dead heat regarding product knowledge albeit with a more limitedinventory of firearms.

So, looking back over the last 12 months, my son and I have spent over $4600 on weapons and ammo. I have a pending windfall and plan on another $6-8K this next 12 months as well. Despite that, I feel absolutely no need or desire to visit Armageddon Armory, aka Alpha-Omega.

None2Slow

imported post

ecocks wrote:
The representative reminded me of the DEA agent in the video who feels compelled to tell the children how professional he is at handling weapons, then shoots himself in the foot about 10 seconds later.

For those that haven't seen the video.. And remember, treat all guns as if they are loaded at all times, especially when you think there not. Most accidental shootings are with "unloaded" firearms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmRN00KbCr8