• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Liberty minded 19-year-old is new mayor of Rice Lake, WI

Johnny Stiletto

imported post

http://wcco.com/local/19.year.old.2.1620097.html

Rice Lake Voters Elect 19-Year-Old Mayor

A young man wearing a Hollister T-shirt, shorts and sandals picked up election signs Wednesday in Rice Lake, Wis. The 19-year-old wasn't a campaign volunteer. Romaine Quinn is the new mayor.

Quinn, who served one year on the Rice Lake City Council before being elected mayor on Tuesday, said, "Age, I don't think, necessarily makes a difference, I mean, it's about the issues."
Romaine Quinn is a member of Campaign For Liberty; a non-partisan, non-profit political organization dedicated to promoting constitutional government. As you can imagine, members of this organization are generally very pro-2A.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=34447

Campaign For Liberty mission statement:
Our mission is to promote and defend the great American principles of individual liberty, constitutional government, sound money, free markets, and a noninterventionist foreign policy, by means of educational and political activity.
I think this is a very good example of what we are capable of. Be positive and don't be afraid to get out there and attempt to make a difference. All politics are local, as they say.

Mlutz

imported post

I have been to Rice Lake once, on my way to Duluth, MN... I know some audio guys from there. Good to hear, let's hope he works out.

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

[align=center][font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]******************[/font][/align] [font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]NOTE: This is not a general discussion web site - even the thread for "general discussions" must be fairly related to open carry,firearms and gun rights. Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focussed. If you think the post is questionable, please don't post it. Thanks![/font]

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Dustiniac wrote:
[align=center][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]******************[/font][/align][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]NOTE: This is not a general discussion web site - even the thread for "general discussions" must be fairly related to open carry,firearms and gun rights. Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focussed. If you think the post is questionable, please don't post it. Thanks![/font]

Discussion of a Ron Paul Rebulican IS 'fairly related' to gun rights.

Please police your own posts before posting :banghead:

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

Oh, I agree, I posted this to try and make a point that people take this site way too seriously. You know, the people that frown at any goofing off on here. I thought I had added that part in my post, oops.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Dustiniac wrote:
Oh, I agree, I posted this to try and make a point that people take this site way too seriously. You know, the people that frown at any goofing off on here. I thought I had added that part in my post, oops.
:DIt's all good.