• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Janesville Cleanup April 24th, 12pm-??

gunguy2009

imported post

Same cleanup as listed before. Just wanted to post a new thread in case some missed the last post. Hwy 14/kennedy Rd.2 cleanup sites with BBQ at Riverside park after. Please let me know if you will be attending!

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

APRIL 24, 2010 12:00PM

davegran wrote:
Gunguy2009's plan is to "be meeting right on kennedy Rd by the intersection of Hwy 14/Kennedy Rd. My parents own property there and there is a large empty lot we can park in. I will try to have a sign posted in the lot right on the curb. The lot is right next to our 1st stretch."

Afterward we are having a picnic at Riverside Park.
Gunguy2009 has organized and is in charge of this pickup. If you want to help, then link to this thread from your website.

Thanks,
Dave

gunguy2009

imported post

The only thing I would bring is some kind of stick to pick up litter. Its alot easier than bending over all the time. And if you plan on coming to the BBQ afterward, something to pass. Thats only if you want to tho.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

UVAsteve wrote:
I will come to this this one is there anything i need to bring? since it would be the first cleanup i go on since joining
Here is a good general list from Johnny Stiletto:

A few things to consider bringing to the clean-up would be:
Gloves (These are a must!)
Trash Poker (Build your own, they come in handy if you don't like constantly bending over)
Water
Long Pants
Hat
Suntan lotion
Bug Spray
Folding chair (If you plan to stick around after)
Gun (optional (not for shooting trash))

Be sure to watch the [font="Arial,Arial"][font="Arial,Arial"]Adopt-A-Highway Safety Training Video if you haven't done so already:
http://tinyurl.com/y3y78de

I'm assuming that Gunguy will supply the trash bags and
[/font]
[/font]fluorescent vests from Adopt-A-Highway[font="Arial,Arial"][font="Arial,Arial"].

Dave

[/font]
[/font]

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I would suggest having some of the Wisconsin Carry pamphlets available as well, just in case an inquiring mind wants to know.

gunguy2009

imported post

We can all meet starting at 12pm. Then we will start the cleanup at about 12:30pm. This is Saturday April 24th. I will supply the trash bags, but I'm still working on the vests. I've been trying to get ahold of Donna (the adopt-a-highway lady) for a couple of weeks now and she won't message back. I'm going to try and ask the Rock County Jail if we can borrow theirs. The clean up runs right by the jail. If not than I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions would be great. As for the Pamphlets, I maynot get those. My computer is broken right now, so my fiance does all the computer stuff for me at work. (Yes, hi this is not actually gunguy2009 :p) But we will try to make them somehow.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

PM me with an address. I will ship pamphlets with WCI membership applications inside. I would think 100 would suffice, and you can take whatever is left to your local sporting goods stores.

davegran

imported post

gunguy2009 wrote:
We can all meet starting at 12pm. Then we will start the cleanup at about 12:30pm. This is Saturday April 24th. I will supply the trash bags, but I'm still working on the vests. I've been trying to get ahold of Donna (the adopt-a-highway lady) for a couple of weeks now and she won't message back.
How about the highway signs; are they up yet? If you're having problems contacting Donna, I'd suggest getting some tips from Johnny Stiletto; he knows all the ins and outs of Adopt-A-Highway and is very organized.

Dave

PS to Girlfriend (Sorry I don't know your name...) Thanks for your help!

gunguy2009

imported post

Haha hi Dave. My name is Lisa. No the signs are not up yet. Donna keeps telling us that opencarry.org and icarry.org are partisian groups and can notuse those name. I know they have before, but she won't allow it, or does not know that she can.We have tried several different names and she keeps rejecting them all. How can we get ahold of Johnny to help?

davegran

imported post

gunguy2009 wrote:
Haha hi Dave. My name is Lisa. No the signs are not up yet. Donna keeps telling us that opencarry.org and icarry.org are partisian groups and can notuse those name. I know they have before, but she won't allow it, or does not know that she can.We have tried several different names and she keeps rejecting them all. How can we get ahold of Johnny to help?
Hi Lisa,
Thanks for your help; I hope you can come along on the cleanup so we can thank you in person! To contact Johnny, just go to this page...

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/users/11300.html

and click on his name; it will bring up a little menu that lists ways to contact him. I usually select, "Send a Private Message" rather than the email option.

Time is getting short, so please contact him as soon as possible. If we can have a sign in Waukesha county, we should be able to do the same in Rock county.

[align=center]
igwx9x.jpg

[/align]
Dave

gunguy2009

imported post

Hi Dave-

I just sent a message to Johnny. So hopefullyI will hear back from him soon. I also asked him about the safety vests. Todd has tried calling the Janesville PD and the Rock Co jail, but we have not heard anything back yet. So lets keep our fingers crossed.

A for me being at the cleanup, yes I will be. I won't be actually helping since I am 30 weeks pregnant and can't walk that far. But I am doing most of the cooking for the BBQ afterwards. I don't grill, but Imake a couple of damn good pasta salads lol.

Anyway, I will keep everyone posted about the signs and what not. Thanks for your help Dave!

gunguy2009

imported post

Hi everyone. I guess it is going to be raining on Saturday with the possibility of t-storms. Just curious as to how everyone feels about this. Should we postpone it to another weekend, or go ahead as planned? Let me know what you think!

davegran

imported post

gunguy2009 wrote:
Hi everyone. I guess it is going to be raining on Saturday with the possibility of t-storms. Just curious as to how everyone feels about this. Should we postpone it to another weekend, or go ahead as planned? Let me know what you think!
Postponing would give you a chance to get the sign thing worked out so we don't end up working anonymously. I'm all for that. Of course if we wait too long, we might be the first OC group in the country to deliver a baby!:what: Boil some Water!!!!

gunguy2009

imported post

Hi everyone-

We have decided to postpone the cleanup. We are hopeing to reschedule for Saturday May 8th. That is not set in stone yet. I am still working on getting our signs up and finding safety vests. I will keep everyone posted.

Lol and don't worry Dave. I'm not due until the end of June. But I suppose if I do into labor, you guys will go down in history and my baby will be the safest baby around. Tho I don't know how I feel about a group of guys watching and helping me deliver a baby. Might be kinda akward lol.