• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC misshap in AZ

flagellum

imported post

Oh wow. To think that he would play with his gun out in the open is ridiculous. And discharged into the ceiling? I wonder how many things he muzzle swept before the gun went off.
I did pull this from the comments, though I cannot verify...

"Dude was wearing a Dept of Corrections uniform, went thru training in 2006"

Perhaps more info will come out regarding that.

doninvegas

imported post

greengum wrote:
Cocaine is a powerful drug
sniff, sniff....How do we spell methamphetamine :celebrate:banghead: ????????????????? He went to jail....every one , all at once........Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Nevada carrier

imported post

The problem I see here is the everyday person on the street only sees the gun, and they don't see the man holding it.

there is open carry and then there is dangerous behavior. IMO there is only one reason to remove your firearm from it's holster in public, to use it. While at taco bell yesterday some guy asked if I could take my firearm out so he could "see it better." I told him there are several reasons you never draw your firearm in public. First and foremost, once it's out of the holster, it's just that much easier to be taken away from you. Second, as much as we wish it was not the case, how the public perceives those with firearms is vital to retaining our right to carry. Right now our perception is very fragile. Most people equate a holstered firearm to a person in control of themselves. But the instant it's taken out, everything about the motivations of the person with a gun can be called into question.

I would assume that if the police received a "MWG" report several questions would be asked. like What is the person doing with the gun? is it in his hand? is it in it's holster or tucked into his waistband? Is he pointing it at anyone or anything? Has he said anything to indicate that he intends to use it?

If I had seen this person in a Wal-mart with his firearm out of the holster, I would assume he was up to something as well. From what I could see he was handling his firearm recklessly and I would make every attempt to get people away from this situation and alert authorities. If it where simply a guy waiting for his turn at the checkout in a Wal-mart store, with the firearms safely holstered, there would be no cause for concern and the police would likely inform the caller that he's not breaking the law. but if they had reported what they saw in this video the police would have every reason to be alarmed. Something tells me that there is more to this man's background that we don't know.

jfrey123

imported post

He's damn lucky another armed citizen didn't get the wrong idea. Coming around a corner to find a man with gun in hand is the exact scenario I pray to avoid for my entire life.

Nevada carrier

imported post

jfrey123 wrote:
He's damn lucky another armed citizen didn't get the wrong idea.  Coming around a corner to find a man with gun in hand is the exact scenario I pray to avoid for my entire life.

This is the problem that well armed, knowledgeable law abiding citizens have to contend with in contemporary America. I imagine the Brady bunch will be all over this with their "I told you so's" and "What else did you expect?" rhetoric as they use undoubtedly this imbeciles reckless disregard for the safety of everyone around him to further their anti-freedom crusade against the rest of us. He is a danger to society and places our ability to maintain the freedom to bear arms in jeopardy.

Throw the book at him, but most importantly, make him go on television and explain to the rest of the world that it was his recklessness that caused this incident and not the fault of the firearm!

doninvegas

imported post

jfrey123 wrote:
He's damn lucky another armed citizen didn't get the wrong idea. Coming around a corner to find a man with gun in hand is the exact scenario I pray to avoid for my entire life.
Very true...I remember a few years back when a 14 kid in Toledo Ohio was playing with his dads empty hand gun in his back yard...an off duty leo seen him and jumped out of the bushes at the kid...he shot and killed the kid for no reason...the cop just said he had a gun...sad stuff....
I am sure the leo still don't sleep well....carrying a gun is a huge responsibility...