• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun show at Ingham County Fairgrounds

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

TylerJ87 wrote:
Just wondering if anyone was going to this gun show and also if I can OC/CC there
My guess, and that is all this is. I would say that if it is truly a county fair grounds, it would fall under the Public arena and would be as the same as a park. OC and CC would be allowed.

TylerJ87

imported post

So people who are coming to potentially spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars are not allowed any form of carry?

This might be one of the most asinine things I have ever heard

SpringerXDacp

imported post

TylerJ87 wrote:
So people who are coming to potentially spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars are not allowed any form of carry?

You will be allowed to OC or CC, but you will not be allowed to have your firearm loaded--They will ziptie the firearm and ask for for any loaded mags on your person.

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

TylerJ87 wrote:

NO NO your looking at it wrong, People are coming to spend Money on things that are mostly for self defense, and are not allowed to Defend them selves while there.

TylerJ87

imported post

haha oh I see, well it completely makes sense to me now

now I am thinking I might bail, don't have the money to spend anyway

until I have a job for the summer I am on a strict budget

man, paying my way through school is really hindering my firearms collection

SpringerXDacp

imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
TylerJ87 wrote:

NO NO your looking at it wrong, People are coming to spend Money on things that are mostly for self defense, and are not allowed to Defend them selves while there.

:lol:

Funny in a way, when you think of all the firearms carried or on display in the building that are not allowed to be loaded while at the same time there will be a semi trailer load of ammo at your disposal throughout most of the building.

TylerJ87

imported post

I just don't see the need to disarm law abiding citizens ... are they worried about someone coming in and trying to rob or shoot up the place ... who would be stupid enough to do that

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

Reality dictates that Liability insurance is probably high as it is, so to cut the cost they don't allow customers to be armed with loaded firearms., but as you said who would be stupid? well it is more of a question of "bad guys don't follow the rules, so their still going to rob if they feel they can get away with it. To be honest it is a perfect scenario for robbing and getting away with it, because hardly anyone would be able to defend against it. like in a church, or school. These are easy targets.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

TylerJ87 wrote:
I just don't see the need to disarm law abiding citizens ... are they worried about someone coming in and trying to rob or shoot up the place ... who would be stupid enough to do that
As CrossPistols stated, it's an insurance thing. The consensus across many gun boards reflects this. As you previously mentioned, it is an asinine thing. Over the years, there have been ND's at gun shows over the years, however, what the fear mongers don't take into consideration is the number of gun shows held each year and the number of patrons attending the shows. So, what would be the ratio of ND's compared to hundreds of thousands (possibly millions) of patrons each year attending the shows across the US?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

TylerJ87 wrote:
that is a shame ... it would be interesting to see the statistics regarding ND's at gun shows
Keep in mind that not all ND's were committed by patrons, some involved vendors and off-duty LEO's working security.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

that ND just happened to be at a gun show, but could have been anywhere. if we could find an example of someone pulling out a gun to show it to someone and it going off, that would be more relevant.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

smellslikemichigan wrote:
that ND just happened to be at a gun show, but could have been anywhere. if we could find an example of someone pulling out a gun to show it to someone and it going off, that would be more relevant.
That's what this thread is about; Permissible OC or CC at gun shows and the reason why they prohibit loaded carry by patrons. As I mentioned previously, the insurance issues at gun shows are due to all the ND's the fear mongers claim to exist. I just wanted Tyler to understand, and others here,that not all ND's at gun shows were committed by patrons.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

smellslikemichigan wrote:
Off the top of my head, the only example I can thank of right now is the recent ND by the dipstick at the Arizona Wally World. However, I'm not sure if he really was showing-off the pistol or not.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

the description of his behavior almost makes it sound like he was drunk, or high, or maybe just plain stupid. unfortunately, as OC/CC becomes more prevalent, i'm sure there will be more stories like this. it's just the law of averages. no different than the fact that the more cars that are driven, the more accidents there will be.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100410/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_gun_discharge_arrest