• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitional carry could be in danger!!!

lostone1413

imported post

[AZCDL_Alerts] What’s going on at KFYI?...From:"AZCDL_Alerts-owner@yahoogroups.com" <AZCDL_Alerts-owner@yahoogroups.com>...
SB 1108, the Constitutional Carry bill, has passed the Legislature and will soon be transmitted to the Governor. SB 1108 eliminates the prohibition and penalties for law-abiding adults who carry a concealed weapon without a permit. A letter to the Governor, urging her to sign SB 1108, has been prepared and is waiting for you at AzCDL's Action Center :
http://azcdl. capwiz.com/ azcdl/issues/ alert/?alertid= 14907736

We have been hearing from numerous members that 550 KFYI, the supposedly "conservative" Valley talk radio station, has been running a campaign to ask its listeners to call Governor Brewer's office and ask her to veto the bill. The Barry Young Show and the Mike Broomhead Show have both encouraged listeners to take such action.

We at AzCDL fail to understand how anyone can oppose a bill restoring the fundamental right to bear arms to the citizens of Arizona and still call themselves "conservative" . While we certainly support everyone's right to have an opinion, a little ideological consistency would be nice.

We encourage our members to contact KFYI and share your opinions with them. You can reach them by phone at 602-260-5394 or by email at kfyinews@clearchann el.com .

We also encourage you to continue to contact Governor Brewer's office and urge her to sign SB 1108. You can use the letter provided above, or you can call her office at 602-542-4331 or 1-800-253-0883.

Stay tuned! When critical legislation moves, we will notify you via these Alerts.

If you want to get legislative news as it happens, follow AzCDL on Twitter:
http://twitter. com/AzCDL_ Alerts .
AzCDL "tweets" from the Capitol with committee votes and breaking news as it happens.

You can also follow AzCDL on Facebook: http://tinyurl. com/FacebookAzCD L .

AzCDL's Political Action Committee (PAC) is also on Facebook:
http://tinyurl. com/FacebookAzCD LPAC .

These alerts are a project of the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL), an all volunteer, non-profit, non-partisan grassroots organization. Join today!
http://www.azcdl. org/html/ join_us_. html .

AzCDL – Protecting Your Freedom
http://www.azcdl. org/html/ accomplishments. html .

Copyright © 2010 Arizona Citizens Defense League, Inc., all rights reserved.

__._,_.___ Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

AZkopper

imported post

Shot off an email to KFYI:

To Whom it May Concern:

It has come to my attention that some radio hosts (Broomhead and Young?) are advocating calling Gov. Brewer to urge her to not sign SB1108/Unlicensed Concealed Carry.

I ask that you stop such actions.

The Right to Bear Arms is a Right enumerated in the United States Constitution, as well as the Arizona Constitution. As you know, in AZ it is already legal for any U.S. Citizen to openly carry a firearm, provided they are not prohibited possessors. Why should wearing a jacket make a legal act illegal? Answer: It shouldn’t. There is no prohibition in either constitution against concealed carry. To advocate continuing to legislate a Right is not conservative, and against the general stance of KFYI.

Please do not stand by some ill thought out ‘public safety’ reason. I am a deputy sheriff in Northern AZ. Law Enforcement already assume (or should assume) that everyone is armed. Criminals do not apply for permits to carry concealed weapons. Such laws do not impact them. They do impact law abiding citizens who should not have to ask the government to exercise Rights.

Thank you.

<<me>>

928-xxx-xxxx

lostone1413

imported post

AZkopper wrote:

To Whom it May Concern:

It has come to my attention that some radio hosts (Broomhead and Young?) are advocating calling Gov. Brewer to urge her to not sign SB1108/Unlicensed Concealed Carry.

I ask that you stop such acti

The Right to Bear Arms is a Right enumerated in the United States Constitution, as well as the Arizona Constitution. As you know, in AZ it is already legal for any U.S. Citizen to openly carry a firearm, provided they are not prohibited possessors. Why should wearing a jacket make a legal act illegal? Answer: It shouldn’t. There is no prohibition in either constitution against concealed carry. To advocate continuing to legislate a Right is not conservative, and against the general stance of KFYI.

Please do not stand by some ill thought out ‘public safety’ reason. I am a deputy sheriff in Northern AZ. Law Enforcement already assume (or should assume) that everyone is armed. Criminals do not apply for permits to carry concealed weapons. Such laws do not impact them. They do impact law abiding citizens who should not have to ask the government to exercise Rights.

Thank you.

<<me>>

928-xxx-xxxx

GREAT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brokenbarrel

imported post

AZKopper,

I follow alot of your post and have to say that you do alot for officer vs. civilian relations.Its awsome the closest ive come to officers like you when I lived in california where those LEO's who said yea what ever about the right of the people to keep and bear arms but you actualy advicate it...I sincerly thank you for your input on a day to day basis..:)

slowfiveoh

imported post

Holy Crap,

AzCopper, if there are more police like you in AZ, I may just need to move there.

Well said sir!

kenpoprofessor

imported post

slowfiveoh wrote:
Holy Crap,

AzCopper, if there are more police like you in AZ, I may just need to move there.

Well said sir!

I'd say the larger percentage of cops in AZ are like AZKopper, but sadly, these days they're recruiting more like the ones I left in Kalifornistan and gaining.

I can honestly say, every contact I've had here with Peace Officers has been an enjoyable and refreshing experience.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

AZkopper

imported post

brokenbarrel wrote:
AZKopper,

I follow alot of your post and have to say that you do alot for officer vs. civilian relations.Its awsome the closest ive come to officers like you when I lived in california where those LEO's who said yea what ever about the right of the people to keep and bear arms but you actualy advicate it...I sincerly thank you for your input on a day to day basis..:)

Thank you. Gun rights are my wiggy button. I can't speak for the Valley, but up here, with few exceptions, I'm no different than most (just a little more vocal).

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

AZkopper wrote:
Thank you. Gun rights are my wiggy button. I can't speak for the Valley, but up here, with few exceptions, I'm no different than most (just a little more vocal).
I've been attacked and shot at by far too many to merely take you at your word, but I don't dismiss you outright. I'm sure you aren't really concerned with what I think of you, but I consider your statement a small first step in convincing me that not all cops are pure evil.

Chez

imported post

AZkopper wrote:

To Whom it May Concern:

I ask that you stop such actions.

Thank you.

<<me>>

928-xxx-xxxx
Great letter, unfortunately, you were misinformed. Barry Young and Mike Broomhead never asked for people contact the governor, they just stated they were not supporting the bill.

Now after being slammed with emails complaining about something they never said, Barry Young, the pissy little baby, today did tell people to contact the governor. He is such a country club republican...

Mike Broomhead did take a call today from the VP of the AZCDL and seems to be a little more open minded.

The point that neither host seems to get is they both state it is perfectly ok to open carry, but if you want to CC, then you need training on the law as to when you can use your weapon. That is faulty logic. To be consistent, they should insist that every gun owner needs to take the CCW class, because everyone needs to know when you can legally use your weapon. However, if they stated they wanted mandatory training for everyone, then that would prove they aren't very pro gun rights...