• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No gun signs.

armedman

imported post

Just received a text from a coworker who works part time at his fathers sign shop. "Dad has been getting a large amount of quotes and orders for no gun signs, I hate making these things..."
The dang thing has not even been signed yet and business owners are freaking out...

wewd

imported post

I would refuse to make them. They can take their business somewhere else, just as the gun owners will when they see the signs.

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It will be like when concealed carry originally passed in the mid 90's and when restaurant carry passed last year. You will see some signs go up, but eventually, they'll be removed.

GWbiker

imported post

If Arizona business are gonna' post signs banning guns inside, they should post this....

Michigander

imported post

Money is getting hard to come by. I think the signs are a wonderful thing, because they let you know who your hard earned money should go to.

impulse

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Money is getting hard to come by. I think the signs are a wonderful thing, because they let you know who your hard earned money should go to.
QFT

March Hare

imported post

Michigander wrote:

Amen, brother!
I let the businesses I spend my dollars at know that I appreciate their supporting the right to self defense.
Money talks!

-MH

Thoreau

imported post

Just inflate the quote as much as you can to either a) get them to go pound sand or b) take that difference and send it off to the AZCDL =) Nothing like using the anti's money against them, hehe.

armedman

imported post

Talked to my friend today and he told me some orders are going as far as putting "NO CONCEALED WEAPONS PER ARS #" on the signs....

ColoradoFlyer

imported post

I can see the NEW's now. Store robbed despite the No Concealed Guns or No Gun's sign on the front door. What was this robber thinking of, when he entered this establishment. Oh wait, the sign does not apply to Criminals, so I hope the store owner is going to take up his own case of self defense. The signs provide a false sense of security to customers and once again criminalizes customers for carrying concealed. If it is properly concealed, ie no printing ect, then how will the store owner or clerk even know you're carrying... Unless you use it to defend yourself or someone else in the store, but then you are the criminal... Just does not make any sense to me...

As others have stated, I would likely start to make decisions on where I go and what stores I visit based on their ability to allow me to abide by the law and carry accordingly...

Sabotage70

imported post

Will this work?
GunFreeZone.jpg

brokenbarrel

imported post

see in southern california you dont need that sign the sheriffs disarm the law abiding for the criminals 24/7,I know its all politics if the people are not armed crimes will happen more and in return the sheriff can ask for more money to help fight crime..job security its not a new idea it just gets motified and implemented in new and creative ways.......

GWbiker

imported post

BUT.....as the Brady Bunch bleeding heart anti-gun commies insist, these "Gun Free Zone" signs do work.....

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

Michigander wrote:
I agree 100%. If I had a sign company I'd advertise in the newspaper below any handgun article.

RockyAcres

imported post

Print Shop owners...ask: "Is your business willing to accept Constitutional fiduciary responsibility for the people you deny the right to protect themselves?"

When we arm ourselves, we are accepting the fiduciary responsibility of ourselves and anyone around us. And those who refuse to arm themselves, and demand that we disarm ourselves are rejecting fiduciary responsibility. What it comes down to, is that we are to beresponsible for ourselves, our family, friends, and neighborhood if you will. Those who refuse to accept this responsibility are no better than those who perpetrate crimes against us.

mzbk2l

imported post

RockyAcres wrote:
Print Shop owners...ask: "Is your business willing to accept Constitutional fiduciary responsibility for the people you deny the right to protect themselves?"
How about personal responsibility, instead of foisting it off on someone else? Your position sounds to me like the people who would make gun sellers or manufacturers responsible for gun crimes.

I say, hold the criminal responsible for the crime. Hold the business owner banning guns (and not the sign company who makes the sign) responsible for the ban.

If a gun owner chooses to go into such a business with a gun and receives a trespassing citation, or decides to go into such a business without a gun and receives much worse, hold the gun owner responsible for the stupid decision to patronize a "gun-free" business.

I don't see where the print shop holds any responsibility in this situation at all, as long as they made a proper sign.

RockyAcres

imported post

mzbk2l wrote:
RockyAcres wrote:
How about personal responsibility, instead of foisting it off on someone else? Your position sounds to me like the people who would make gun sellers or manufacturers responsible for gun crimes.

I say, hold the criminal responsible for the crime. Hold the business owner banning guns (and not the sign company who makes the sign) responsible for the ban.

If a gun owner chooses to go into such a business with a gun and receives a trespassing citation, or decides to go into such a business without a gun and receives much worse, hold the gun owner responsible for the stupid decision to patronize a "gun-free" business.

I don't see where the print shop holds any responsibility in this situation at all, as long as they made a proper sign.

You obviously did not read the entire post, and what you did read, was taken completely out of context. I was simply asking the print shop owner to remind the purchasers of such 'No Weapons' signs, to consider their actions of disarming responsible citizens of their right to protect/defend themselves. They (the business owner with the sign on their door), then, need to be willing to provide protection/defense of said now-unarmed individual.

An individual has the right to protect/defend themselves - anyone demanding to take that right away, should know that they become responsible for that unarmed individual.

If that's not clear enough, maybe you need someone else try to explain it to you.

Thoreau

imported post

RockyAcres wrote:
mzbk2l wrote:
RockyAcres wrote:

You obviously did not read the entire post, and what you did read, was taken completely out of context. I was simply asking the print shop owner to remind the purchasers of such 'No Weapons' signs, to consider their actions of disarming responsible citizens of their right to protect/defend themselves. They (the business owner with the sign on their door), then, need to be willing to provide protection/defense of said now-unarmed individual.

An individual has the right to protect/defend themselves - anyone demanding to take that right away, should know that they become responsible for that unarmed individual.

If that's not clear enough, maybe you need someone else try to explain it to you.
If I've said it once on these forums, I've said it a million times... NOBODY is 'forcing' anyone to give up their right to self defense. If you CHOOSE (notice this word, it's a choice, not someone forcing you) to enter a business that doesn't allow firearms, YOU are choosing to disarm yourself as a condition of entry. If you don't like that, GO ELSEWHERE. This is really very very simple. If that's not clear enough, well...

mzbk2l

imported post

RockyAcres wrote:
mzbk2l wrote:
RockyAcres wrote:

OK, I'm tracking now, Rocky. Because of a missing word or two, I took your question to ask: "Print Shop owners...ask YOURSELVES: "Is your business willing to accept..."

Instead, it now appears that you meant: "Print Shop owners...ask YOUR CUSTOMERS WHO ARE ORDERING THE SIGNS: "Is your business willing to accept..."

I find that much less objectionable than the way I originally read it, but I still don't agree. What business is it of the print shop owner what the sign reads? As long as it's legal and they're willing to print it, so what? Asking the shop to question the customer reminds me of the pharmacists who refuse to sell "morning after" pills on some shaky moral ground. If you can't handle the job, get out of the industry.