• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No gun signs.

RockyAcres

imported post

Take it easy, Thoreau...I do not condone going into a business with such signs, and very seldom do...as much as possible, I/We take my/our business (aka: money) elsewhere.

Mzbk21 wrote:

...the pharmacists who refuse to sell "morning after" pills on some shaky moral ground.

Careful...that has nothing to do with this forum, and does not belong here. That's a volatile debate...

mzbk2l

imported post

RockyAcres wrote:
Take it easy, Thoreau...I do not condone going into a business with such signs, and very seldom do...as much as possible, I/We take my/our business (aka: money) elsewhere.

Mzbk21 wrote:

...the pharmacists who refuse to sell "morning after" pills on some shaky moral ground.

Careful...that has nothing to do with this forum, and does not belong here. That's a volatile debate...
You're right. It has about as much place here as asking a print shop to make a judgment on what type of signs they print. :)

JesseL

imported post

Thoreau wrote:
If I've said it once on these forums, I've said it a million times... NOBODY is 'forcing' anyone to give up their right to self defense. If you CHOOSE (notice this word, it's a choice, not someone forcing you) to enter a business that doesn't allow firearms, YOU are choosing to disarm yourself as a condition of entry. If you don't like that, GO ELSEWHERE. This is really very very simple. If that's not clear enough, well...

Nobody is being forced to give up their rights, but it's not unreasonable to assume that when someone disallows defensive tools in their establishment then they are assuming responsibility for looking after the defense of their guests (and liability if they fail to do so).

Wouldn't it be reasonable to expect that if someone doesn't allow people to wear shoes in the establishment, that they have an increased duty to ensure that there isn't any broken glass or rusty nails lying around?