• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Second Amendment March on Hartford

Chubs2287

imported post

I was unable to attend the march due to work, since Im an accountant and April 15th is a few days away I cannot leave work.

Please for those of us who were unable to attend post any comments on the march, how the speakers' speeches were,and any stories about the event.

Main questiondid anyone try to open carry? I know you were not allowed I was just curoious if anyone got arrested.

Thank you for all who could attend and support our 2nd Amendment Rights. Just wish I could have been there right by your side.

Carry On,

Mike

GoldCoaster

imported post

It was pretty darn good! The North side of the building was shaded and it was windy but I'd guess about 150 or so patriots came out and participated. We had some great speakers, legislative and senate candidates as well as my personal favorite for Attorney General.

There was a fairly large police presence, not sure what they expected but they didn't have to work hard.

I managed to video tape a bunch of it and after I get back from vacation I'll put some snippets up on the CCDL youtube channel as well as look into another video hosting outfit that lets you store more than 10 mins worth at a time.

von buck

imported post

I couldn't get out of work in time, had to teach a library class. I'm glad it worked out.

ange

stacks04

imported post

you guys got done early:banghead:. i was able to leave my prior engagement at 3pm and showed up no one was around. i drove around for a while looking and finally gave up.

dcmdon

imported post

I was there from 1:30 until the break around 3:00 and did not see any Brady style folks.

Lots of cops, but thats standard procedure for any gathering. Most were pretty relaxed.

Leverdude

imported post

My son took a hunter saftey course this weekend, I had hoped I could get the wife to bring him but it did not work out that way.

Anybody have any links to media coverage or stories?

midnight61

imported post

Rich B wrote:
midnight61 wrote:
Am I missing something? Neither of those links has anything relating to video on the Second Amendment March.
Hey Rich,
The CCDL Facebook page should have small video clips of 5 speakers from the Hartford March. If you click on the video to start on the facebook side, then "right click" on the video you can "Watch on Youtube" which will bring you to YouTube user PALINSMITH's video collection which includes these videos.

Rich B

imported post

I see them now. I guess I was looking for something related to 'Second Amendment March' in the titles. I should have seen and recognized the date 'April 10th'.

Thanks for the links.

GoldCoaster

imported post

I have the entire set of speakers minus a small bit of Craig where I ran out of tape and had to swap. I'm swamped with work after a weeks vacation but I'll get to moving the video from tape to disk and from disk to web when I can.