Thread: Second Amendment March on Hartford

Post imported post

I was unable to attend the march due to work, since Im an accountant and April 15th is a few days away I cannot leave work.

Please for those of us who were unable to attend post any comments on the march, how the speakers' speeches were,and any stories about the event.

Main questiondid anyone try to open carry? I know you were not allowed I was just curoious if anyone got arrested.

Thank you for all who could attend and support our 2nd Amendment Rights. Just wish I could have been there right by your side.

Carry On,

Mike

Post imported post

Same here, I was unable to attend. I too am curious on how everything went. So far I found no coverage on CT television or web news sites.

JimmyD

Post imported post

It was pretty darn good! The North side of the building was shaded and it was windy but I'd guess about 150 or so patriots came out and participated. We had some great speakers, legislative and senate candidates as well as my personal favorite for Attorney General.

There was a fairly large police presence, not sure what they expected but they didn't have to work hard.

I managed to video tape a bunch of it and after I get back from vacation I'll put some snippets up on the CCDL youtube channel as well as look into another video hosting outfit that lets you store more than 10 mins worth at a time.

Post imported post

I couldn't get out of work in time, had to teach a library class. I'm glad it worked out.

ange
    shhhhh, librarian packing"

Post imported post

GoldCoaster wrote:
    There was a fairly large police presence, not sure what they expected but they didn't have to work hard.
    I was told they were more concerned with people who opposed our views trying to stir up trouble.

http://www.vimeo.com has no video length limit.

Post imported post

Yes the lunatic Brady fringe.. probably too cold for them to show up, what with the SUN exposure, and the WIND!! think of the children...

It was a good day for sure.

Post imported post

doubletap

Post imported post

you guys got done early. i was able to leave my prior engagement at 3pm and showed up no one was around. i drove around for a while looking and finally gave up.

Post imported post

I was there from 1:30 until the break around 3:00 and did not see any Brady style folks.

Lots of cops, but thats standard procedure for any gathering. Most were pretty relaxed.
    MCS Precision - Training, Sales, Transfers, Estate Purchases

07 FFL
    NRA Pistol and Rifle Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Post imported post

My son took a hunter saftey course this weekend, I had hoped I could get the wife to bring him but it did not work out that way.

Anybody have any links to media coverage or stories?

Post imported post

midnight61 wrote:
    Am I missing something? Neither of those links has anything relating to video on the Second Amendment March.
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

Post imported post

Rich B wrote:
    midnight61 wrote:
    Am I missing something? Neither of those links has anything relating to video on the Second Amendment March.
    Hey Rich,
    The CCDL Facebook page should have small video clips of 5 speakers from the Hartford March. If you click on the video to start on the facebook side, then "right click" on the video you can "Watch on Youtube" which will bring you to YouTube user PALINSMITH's video collection which includes these videos.

Post imported post

I see them now. I guess I was looking for something related to 'Second Amendment March' in the titles. I should have seen and recognized the date 'April 10th'.

Thanks for the links.
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

Post imported post

Does anyone else have this video?
    Last edited by FMJ; 08-03-2011 at 10:27 PM.

Post imported post

I have the entire set of speakers minus a small bit of Craig where I ran out of tape and had to swap. I'm swamped with work after a weeks vacation but I'll get to moving the video from tape to disk and from disk to web when I can.

Post imported post

Thanks. I can't wait. (Although I understand that I have to) Good luck with work though.