• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Crazy

FMCDH

imported post

Drunk, high, or somewhere in between? :?
(gezz what a futz)

He can pay for damages and go without carrying in public for about 6 months, so as to remind him of the responsibilities he failed to uphold.

Also, mandatory training and re-training on his dime required every month of his probation, to re-teach him safe handling practices.

That should hammer it home.

If not, he needs to not carry.

Batousaii

imported post

Wow ... EPIC FAIL .. who the heck fiddles and plays with their firearm in public, especially out of the holster - geez... if it's really that uncomfortable, go someplace remote and private where you can adjust safely. Wearing a good holster properly, and knowing how to safely do little adjustments safely is uber important.

jbone

imported post

The though of this slug even carrying a gun is more alarming than the discharge itself.

amzbrady

imported post

Hopefully this dumb$hit doesnt reproduce. These are the kind of things that make it harder for the rest of us toenforce thefact that we mean no harm, and that we only carry for self defense. Oh, and what kind of holster points up, to shoot into the cieling?

DEROS72

imported post

I am certainly glad no one got hurt .That is exactly the sort of irrisonsiobility the anti's jump on.These f.n Rambos and dumb ass Bubba's .This guy should loose his carry ticket indefinately.I don't believe in mandatory forced training but most people are smart enough to get trained up before they start carrying.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
I am certainly glad no one got hurt .That is exactly the sort of irrisonsiobility the anti's jump on.These f.n Rambos and dumb ass Bubba's .This guy should loose his carry ticket indefinately.I don't believe in mandatory forced training but most people are smart enough to get trained up before they start carrying.
Arizona has passed and the Governor will sign this week, Constitutional Carry. No permit needed to open or conceal. They will still have a permit for reciprocity and that is it.

DEROS72

imported post

Honestly thats the way it should be but there is always one idiot in every bunch.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I haven't read AZ law yet, but it should include unlawfull discharge and if you get 5 of thos in a certain amount of time you lose your guns, etc and become a criminal with a gun. Big fines, jail time, etc...

Good safeguards and allows an honest mistake or a young guy being and idiot and still giving him a chance to mature.

amzbrady

imported post

Maybe this could be a blessing for us in WA. Maybe the Brady Campaigners will all move to AZ, and leave us the hell alone. Doesnt it seem like we are getting hit harder than most.

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

I met a fellow gun-toter a couple of years ago out in public. We stood there chatting about firearms and what we carry. He reached to his holster, pulled out his sidearm and motioned to hand it to me and said "check it out."

Immidiately I said "no, that's ok."

I was shocked that he would just pull his sidearm out of his holster in public and hand it over to me. NEVER!

amzbrady

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
I met a fellow gun-toter a couple of years ago out in public. We stood there chatting about firearms and what we carry. He reached to his holster, pulled out his sidearm and motioned to hand it to me and said "check it out."

I was shocked that he would just pull his sidearm out of his holster in public and hand it over to me. NEVER!

Holy crap, do these people look down the barrels to see if its loaded?

This is what they all should be carrying...

FMCDH

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:

The only place I have ever done that in public is at a gun store, and the weapon is always cleared before handing it over.

I have had a few hand their carry piece to me at a backyard party or such, but I immediately clear it and hand them back the ammo before looking it over. It seems to make something in their mind click, and realize how stupid that was.

amzbrady

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
Sylvia Plath wrote:

The only place I have ever done that in public is at a gun store, and the weapon is always cleared before handing it over.

I have had a few hand their carry piece to me at a backyard party or such, but I immediately clear it and hand them back the ammo before looking it over. It seems to make something in their mind click, and realize how stupid that was.
+1 general rule of thumb, with all my friends, we always drop ammo and clear, before handing over our toys, er uh, I mean tools.

It's just not a public thing to do. I was on the beach one day walking my dog and one of the local officers stopped and as we were talking he asked me about my taurus and what I thought of it. I got in my truck and pulled up along side of him, unholstered,released the mag, made sure it was clear and then handed him both firearm and mag seperate. Even though I consider him a good friend he is still a LEO, and if I screwed up, I would expect him to do his job.

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
I will definately do that next time.:D I forget sometimes that there are some who do not fully grasp proper firearm etiquette.

Nivek

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
Arizona has passed and the Governor will sign this week, Constitutional Carry. No permit needed to open or conceal. They will still have a permit for reciprocity and that is it.
That settles it, I'm moving to AZ as soon as my contract is up!