• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Crazy

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

Nivek wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
Arizona has passed and the Governor will sign this week, Constitutional Carry. No permit needed to open or conceal. They will still have a permit for reciprocity and that is it.
That settles it, I'm moving to AZ as soon as my contract is up!
We have been talking about moving to Arizona...this definately sweetens the deal.:celebrate

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
Nivek wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
Arizona has passed and the Governor will sign this week, Constitutional Carry. No permit needed to open or conceal. They will still have a permit for reciprocity and that is it.
We have been talking about moving to Arizona...this definately sweetens the deal.:celebrate
But it looks like you give up some other rights for that right, and ad to the "police state". How about we work on our legislature to get something similar but betterpassed without giving up those other rights.

Metalhead47

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Sylvia Plath wrote:
Nivek wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
But it looks like you give up some other rights for that right, and ad to the "police state". How about we work on our legislature to get something similar but betterpassed without giving up those other rights.
... how so man?

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

I don't mean to bleed one thread over to this one but the good that might come of the budget cuts here in Seattle and the boom in CCP's in WA. State hopefully will encourage a laxxing of the gun laws here in Washington State.

Washington State is very firearm friendly and self-defense friendly IMO

acmariner99

imported post

I am a former Washingtonian now happy as can be in the Grand Canyon State. The media will do everything in its power to make us OC'ers look like the nut cases we are not. The guy here shouldn't even be carrying. At the very least he should be forced to take a safety course if he wants to keep his right to carry. I think that's how the law should be. Law abiding citizens should be able to carry in any mode they want without a permission slip to do it -- until they do something stupid, then bring the hammer down -- hard. Does WA have a group similar to AZCDL?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

acmariner99 wrote:
I am a former Washingtonian now happy as can be in the Grand Canyon State. The media will do everything in its power to make us OC'ers look like the nut cases we are not. The guy here shouldn't even be carrying. At the very least he should be forced to take a safety course if he wants to keep his right to carry. I think that's how the law should be. Law abiding citizens should be able to carry in any mode they want without a permission slip to do it -- until they do something stupid, then bring the hammer down -- hard. Does WA have a group similar to AZCDL?

Or by forcing people to take classes to excercise a right.

No you can't speak your mind without taking Journalism classes!!!!! (sarcasm)

Yes NWCDL, NorthWest Citizens Defense League. Reminds me I better check into there again.

acmariner99

imported post

I hope what I said made sense: RKBA is a RIGHT, not a privilege so I believe people should be able to carry however they wish without the government looking over their shoulder. (Hooray for Constitutional Carry in ARIZONA!!) But with freedom comes responsibility. when that freedom is used to recklessly endanger the rights and lives of others (like the guy in the subject of this thread), your rights ought to be at least re evaluated. Is this clearer?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I wan't taking a hit at your post I was adding to it and answering your question about our Defense League. I got it and you were clear.

I agree that you abuse your rights, for example commit crimeswith them you should suffer the consequences. The problem with a lot our politicians now days they pander to a minority and rush to make non-sensical bans and laws, to make it look like they are doing something to correct the "problem", much like these ridiculous bans on dog breeds.

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
The problem with a lot our politicians now days they pander to a minority and rush to make non-sensical bans and laws, to make it look like they are doing something to correct the "problem", much like these ridiculous bans on dog breeds.

Politicians pander to and make many of the decisions that they make because the public responds positive to "feel-good-laws." People want to blame politicians for othe laws that are created and enacted but it is the people who continue to vote based on the response of the politician to particular issues.

This is an (R) and (D) problem across the board.Until the American public decides exactly what it wants...politicians who pander and oversimplify issues or politicians who make hard decisions and piss off half the people, we are going to be stuck unhappy about our political system, at least the politicians we elect to put in charge of it.

American elections are an all or nothing win. Not like some of those other countries where a percentage of the vote is the percentage of control each party gets.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I hear what your saying Sylvia, it isn't a D or R thing both parties do it. That's why I am not a fan of either.

Themajority of folks in U.S. didn't want health care told their politicians they didn't want it and they were ignored. Politics have reached a point where those voted in think they know better than their constituents. Come this November we will see a huge change in politicians that will be gauranteed, but I wish it would be a huge change to independant or libertarian politicians, unfortunately they have the public convinced we are a "2 party system".

A lot of laws pander to a minority, because the majority of us are too busy with our lives really to do much.

Tim Eyman has had initiatives passed that have been simply ignored, our politicians. Both the R and the D don't like him, makes me like him. LOL.

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

The way that our 2 party system is structured makes it very hard for a 3rd party candidate, that's for sure.

I have to jump in on the Healthcare bill though and say that part of the public who were not happy with the bill were not happy because the bill did not go far enough. Unfortunately the polls that I have seen overgeneralize the opposition to the healthcare bill by asking whether peopleare "happy" or "unhappy" with the bill instead of why they are unhappy or happy with the bill. Personally, I was unhappy with the bill because it didn't go far enough.:what: I am sure there is going to be hell for making that statement :uhoh:

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Taking the merits or not merits out of the bill, thats a big can of worms.

My point was that people objected it for whatever reasonand it was still voted/bought into to place.