• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Columbus LEO's

Beretta45

imported post

It was such a nice spring day I went for a walk arround our apartment complex and as usual had My Beretta 45 with me. I have been open carrying for several months and no one has seemed to care. This time was different.

I was not aware that the people in the other side of the complex were made up of other ethnic backgrounds....THEY FREAKED. I was tailed by a couple of the maintainance workers until one was brave enough to come talk to me. Once he found out who I was and that I was just exersizing My rights and enjoying the day we had a good talk .

Next thing I know two Columbus police cars came arround the corner. I just slowly walked up and said good morning and what could nI do for them. They informed Me that they had gotten quite a few calls about a man with a gun. They asked politely if they could take My sidearm while they checked Me out. I had no problem with this. While they were checking me out two more police cars came over. One was the watch comander. They asked me why I was carrying a gun and I told them it was My right to do so. They did not argue and said I was perfectly legal. It was a good exchange all in all. They were verry profesional . they spent a lot of the time checking out the new PX4-storm 45 I had.

I have to say that My first experiance with the Columbus LEO's was a good one. I hope all the rest will be also. I know its the luck of the draw some times but attitude is also important. By the way...they liked the gun

Beretta45

imported post

I was pleasantly surprised. I have talked to quit a few of the Columbus police. It seems the more seasoned officers understand. Its the younger officers that you have to watch out for.