• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SECOND AMENDMENT MARCH RALLY IN OLYMPIA - 4/24/10

j2l3

imported post

With utmost apologies to the original poster, editing this post so that the press release can be put in, and thread merging for car pooling activities, as the "official" march is occurring on 4/24/2010:

For Immediate Release: 4/14/2010

For Further Information Contact:

David Del Buono
Washington State Coordinator
Second Amendment March
ddelbuono@secondamendmentmarch.com

Jim Beal
Assistant Washington State Coordinator
Second Amendment March
burtb71@yahoo.com
jbeal@secondamendmentmarch.com

Liz Foley
National Media Director
832-877-5263
media@secondamendmentmarch.com

[align=center]SECOND AMENDMENT MARCH[/align]
[align=center]Washington State[/align]

The Second Amendment March has announced a Washington state rally in conjunction with the national event in Washington D.C.

The Washington state march will be held Saturday, April 24 at 12pm at the Capitol in Olympia. Participants will assemble at Tivoli Fountain. For further updated information and a map of the location visit http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com/washington

The Second Amendment March is a national event supported by satellite marches at state capitols and in cities across America. The national Second Amendment March will take place Monday, April 19, 2010 from 10am – 4pm on the grounds of the Washington Monument in Washington D.C.

Our nation’s founders were deliberate and vigilant when drafting the Second Amendment to provide “we the people” the protections needed to defend our country, freedom, liberty and way of life. They understood far too well the danger of a disarmed population under a tyrannical government. Thomas Jefferson said it best, “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government.”

To take part in this landmark rally in support of your right to keep and bear arms and to protect and defend our Second Amendment visit http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com to R.S.V.P., volunteer or make a contribution. Or just show up! We need everyone.

Questions or to set up an interview: Contact Liz Foley, National Media Director at media@secondamendmentmarch.com

About Second Amendment March:

The mission of the Second Amendment March is to galvanize the courage and resolve of Americans; to petition our elected officials against establishing anti-gun legislation; and to remind America that the Second Amendment is necessary to maintain our right to self defense.

Information about Second Amendment March is available at: http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com

Donations made to this button will go directly to the Washington State Second Amendment March to raise funds to renting equipment and for permit modifications.

We need $250 for renting the sound equipment and probably another $250 for incidentals. We are up to $72.50.

BigT

imported post

I am off that day also. I see no problems with going. I have room for 1 also if someone needs a ride, but you might have to tolerate going to Cabela's in Lacey afterwards:lol:

DEROS72

imported post

BigT wrote:
I am off that day also. I see no problems with going. I have room for 1 also if someone needs a ride, but you might have to tolerate going to Cabela's in Lacey afterwards:lol:
Could use a ride!!!

Aryk45XD

imported post

i'm in. Maybe a trip to the pit

BigT

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
BigT wrote:
Could use a ride!!!
ok. can do. I'm in Tukwila, so won't be a problem.

j2l3

imported post

248 views and only about 15 people committing to showing?? Come on folks, we can do better.

I do know it's a work day and fully understand not being able to get away from work.

Been there, done that, have the t-shirt....

Hope to see a lot of you there!

amzbrady

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
j2l3 wrote:
Okay, noon, April 19th. Capital building steps. We'll figure it out from there.

Who's in?

Thought there should be a thread of it's own.
time.....
Thats it, I'm freaking setting up an eye doctor appt and an appt at the Sylvan learning center. I read this whole damn post like 10 times looking for a time. I was even joking when I mentioned 12 noon in my thread, thinking that someone would start screaming not early enough. I'm really gonna try to be there. Trying to scrounge gas money.