• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SECOND AMENDMENT MARCH RALLY IN OLYMPIA - 4/24/10

centermass

imported post

Hey tony dont think to offer your brother a ride first? A hole ! You know monday is my day off. count me in

ADAMS

imported post

I have been the State Coordinator for Washington for about 26 hours now. I stepped up and volunteered for this job after no one had done anything to organize a rally here and no one appeared willing to do so either.

Needless to say, time is short. This morning I submitted a permit for a rally at the Capitol and will hear back hopefully by Monday or Tuesday of next week.

I've done quite a lot of thinking about this and it looks like a rally on the 19th to coincide with the national rally in D.C. is just too close at this point. I am working diligently on securing a date thereafter, perhaps on the following Saturday. There are other state marches that are scheduled both before and after the national event.

Right now, turnout is the most important thing. This is a participatory sport. Most don't have the luxury of having a select weekday off and are not able to or can't afford to get a work day off, especially on such short notice.

Stay tuned. It is going to take a few days to get some preliminary matters out of the way. I am going to need help and am counting on the open carry community for assistance.

Stay tuned.

David Del Buono

DEROS72

imported post

I think we should just show up anyway on the 19th when everyone else around the country plans to.

ZigZagFred

imported post

I agree. At this point we should do whatever we can to meet on the Capitol steps at NOON on the 19th. I originally asked my boss for the 19th off more than 3 months ago. To try to get a SATURDAY off at this short notice would be almost impossible. I work at the Seattle airport. Saturday is one of our busiest days.

So once again I say, I will plan on being on the Capitol steps at NOON. I can take 5 people with me in my Expedition. Need a ride? Please let me know. I will be wearing my 2A shirt, my 2A hat, and my SIG 9mm.

amzbrady

imported post

ok, 19th on capitol steps at Noon, Open Carry.

what happens then? Stand there and chant, do we bring signs, do we go in and listen to someone complain about us and our guns?

Afterwards, Go for coffee somplace, go to a shooting range?

Someone mentioned walking to a park. Is there any more info on this?

j2l3

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
ok, 19th on capitol steps at Noon, Open Carry.

what happens then? Stand there and chant, do we bring signs, do we go in and listen to someone complain about us and our guns?

Afterwards, Go for coffee somplace, go to a shooting range?

Someone mentioned walking to a park. Is there any more info on this?

As in my original post, we will figure it out when we get there. I think a peaceful demonstration on the steps would be a good start. Walk to a park after, maybe grab some food or coffee.

Anyone know someone in the press who might be interested?

DEROS72

imported post

I am sort of on a first name basis with and have several reporters numbers in my phone.They know me from the Dino's and Starbucks thing.

DEROS72

imported post

They would tear us up if only a few showed....We need a big if not bigger turnout that the assault weapons ban hearing.Also Dave Workman indicated to me he would be by and promo this in his column.......Right Dave........:D

I was looking at the 2 A march website and now someone wants to do it th24th ..Ridiculous If we can't I mean Wa. gunowners get our s--t together wer'e going to look pretty lame. This has been planned for over a year nation wide we have to appear united or the anti's etc will have a field day with this.See if we can get with some of the other groups and look like we know what the f..k we're doing.

DEROS72

imported post

Heres a message I recieved from Dave Workman......

David Del Buono [david@delbuono.com]

He's the state march coordinator...only been on it for about 24 hours. He could use some help from the OCDO crowd.

Lets try to get the thing together....

ZigZagFred

imported post

You're right. The comments were mostly insults about the 2A rally that only had 400 people in attendance! Can you imagine how we would be perceived if we only had a dozen or so???

Let's make a commitment, pick a date, and really SUPPORT this thing!

DEROS72

imported post

Are we going to now change to the 24th when the rest of the country is doing this on the 19th.The idea was for the state arches to coincide with the DC rally. What do you guys think..We are sort of behind on this....

ADAMS

imported post

Many, many states are holding their Second Amendment March rallies on dates other than 4/19. Some of these include:

Arkansas 2/27
Connecticut 4/10
Kentucky 3/27
Missouri 4/8
Michigan 4/13
New Hampshire 4/10
Ohio 4/10
Montana 3/27
Rhode Island 3/27
Virginia 4/12

I too wish someone had stepped up earlier and taken the reigns of this on behalf of us and Second Amendment March. The prior State Coordinator, I understand, stepped down early this year so we have been drifting without anyone at the helm and without any organization efforts for quite a while.

I think it is important to focus on maximum turnout. This rally is a participatory sport. Most don't have the luxury of having the 19th, a weekday, off and are not able to request the 19th off on such short notice or simply cannot afford to take a day off from work. Others may be traveling to the national event for the 19th and would like to attend a state rally as well.

I hope I can count on all of your support to make this event a tremendous success. Please get the word out.

Your brother in arms,

David Del Buono
Washington State Coordinator

Squeak

imported post

j2l3 wrote:
248 views and only about 15 people committing to showing?? Come on folks, we can do better.

I do know it's a work day and fully understand not being able to get away from work.

Been there, done that, have the t-shirt....

Hope to see a lot of you there!
I haven't asked yet, but I'm pretty sure I can make it. Did the laundry and mowed the lawn today; that should be some influence! :lol: