• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tea Party: Lansing

Franktroplis

imported post

I'm bringing 3 people. We are planning on OCing Pistols in locking holsters and wearing suits/dress clothes. There will be people who hate gun freedom there with cameras. I'm also sure that there will be people who would love the opportunity to get video of someone loosing control of their weapon. Liberals play by different rules, and they will try to bump your weapon out of its holster for the sole reason of getting a video of you picking it up. Lets show up, dressed in a way that nobody can call us nuts. And, lets secure our weapons so we cannot be set up as careless radicals. I am very excited to bring awareness to our pro-freedom position.

Who's with us?

4-15-2010
(tax day)

Franktroplis

imported post

Tea party day. April 15th. The day you have to pay the government or go to jail.

The day you have to fund the regulations that you disagree with, or go to jail.

If you aren't being represented accurately you must be there. Last year there were thousands of people, just in Lansing. I hope its bigger this year.

wally1120

imported post

I was there at the Tea Party today, Kinda disappointed the Speaker people were late about an hour. But there were a lot of people that were educated today, And my Buddie and I had no encounters with the Police.

7th District

imported post

WaltherP99C wrote:
Tea party day. April 15th. The day you have to pay the government or go to jail.

Actually almost 50% of our fellow citizens don't have to pay anything on April 15th, and for 40% of themApril 15th hasbecome a payday.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jh1dk77muG6W-nTBNRf_BOt8ssPQD9EUC4FO0

"The bottom 40 percent, on average, make a profit from the federal income tax, meaning they get more money in tax credits than they would otherwise owe in taxes. For those people, the government sends them a payment."

Franktroplis

imported post

7th District wrote:
Actually almost 50% of our fellow citizens don't have to pay anything on April 15th, and for 40% of themApril 15th hasbecome a payday.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jh1dk77muG6W-nTBNRf_BOt8ssPQD9EUC4FO0

"The bottom 40 percent, on average, make a profit from the federal income tax, meaning they get more money in tax credits than they would otherwise owe in taxes. For those people, the government sends them a payment.
Thats true, but they still pay higher prices on the goods they buy because of taxes. When businesses are taxed, they just raise their price by that amount. Profit margins remain the same.
A Harvard study estimates that 22% of the price of all goods is embedded taxes.

Its easily seen when cigarettes are taxed an additional dollar per pack. The tax is meant to get money from the cigarette companies, but its easy to see the price of a pack go up the exact amount of the tax. People are too dumb to realize that by trying to "soak" the rich, they are just making their own quality of life lower by making everything more expensive. (which hurts poor people the most)