• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Detroit Tea Party Express 4/11 @ 10am

mikestilly

imported post

Anyone going?? I am hoping to be there.

Date/Time:
Sunday, April 11th at 10:00 am

Rally Location:
CIVIC CENTER PARK & HISTORICAL VILLAGE
40700 Romeo Plank Rd
Clinton Township, MI

dsmith4825

imported post

Just got back from the Tea Party Express and I must say, a little disappointed by some of the folk that came up to me and told me to hide my weapon. At least 4 people came up to me and asked me or told me to hide it. Since we have Mike Cox and Bouchard and a few others talking about our rights and all. I understand their reluctance about the media, but this is exactly what the Tea Party is supposed to be about. Come on folks, Wake Up!

dsmith4825

imported post

I just informed them that I was standing up for my 2nd Amendment rights and it was perfectly legal. If the media wanted to ask me questions, more power, and than I reminded them of why were at the Tea Party in the first place. To Stop our Government from stomping on our rights.

mikestilly

imported post

dsmith4825 wrote:
Just got back from the Tea Party Express and I must say, a little disappointed by some of the folk that came up to me and told me to hide my weapon. At least 4 people came up to me and asked me or told me to hide it. Since we have Mike Cox and Bouchard and a few others talking about our rights and all. I understand their reluctance about the media, but this is exactly what the Tea Party is supposed to be about. Come on folks, Wake Up!

Where the hell were you at?? LOL We were all over there and not one person said a thing. I was gathering petitions all over the place and got many thumbs up as well for the open carry. I must have did about 30 laps around an through the crowed. As well as greeting 100s to gather signatures. Go figure nobody said one negative word to me all day

:dude:

dsmith4825

imported post

I was standing about 15ft from the front of the stage. Right smack in the middle of the crowd. Granted is was older folks that had asked me to hide my weapon and I take that with a grain of salt and try to make them aware of the law. But in the middle of a big crowd like that it is a little harder for them to hear you.

mikestilly

imported post

Ahh IC .. I didnt go near the stage .. To hard to hear to gather signatures there. Interesting .. feel free to meet up with us next time if you want. I bet most of the old people I spoke to didnt even notice I was carrying.

Wglide90

imported post

I'm glad everything went well guys! I was going to go but buddy didn't want to go and we went to gunshow instead. OC'd (ziptied :X) at GS.

Doug, I saw your post got deleted, right after I replyed to you I was thinking on going. :cuss:Wonder why they did that?

Dave

dsmith4825

imported post

Yeah, I think its just a matter of the 1911 sticking out like a sore thumb and people behind me noticed it and didn't want the media attention. And I do stand out a little with the ZZ TOP beard going on, which doesn't really help I guess. Oh well.At least I didn't have any real problems.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

dsmith4825 wrote:
I was standing about 15ft from the front of the stage. Right smack in the middle of the crowd. Granted is was older folks that had asked me to hide my weapon and I take that with a grain of salt and try to make them aware of the law. But in the middle of a big crowd like that it is a little harder for them to hear you.

Older folks saying hide it....that's the reason we're in the crap we're in right now.

The older generation put us here and it's our job to set things right.

For years the older generations have bowed down to the anti's hoping to be left alone...

What do we have to show for it?...The National Firearm Act of 1934(NFA) and Gun Control Act of 1968 and The Firearm Owners Protection Act1986

Thanks for nothing older generation.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Wglide90 wrote:
I'm glad everything went well guys! I was going to go but buddy didn't want to go and we went to gunshow instead. OC'd (ziptied :X) at GS.

Doug, I saw your post got deleted, right after I replyed to you I was thinking on going. :cuss:Wonder why they did that?

Dave

Everything went great. Not a word was said to me.

Yeah... not sure why, but Mike deleted the post saying it was "off topic". I tried to discuss it with him but it seemed like he didn't want to hear it. Oh well, his message board.

Wglide90

imported post

Saw OC'r on channel 7 news at the Clinton Tea party. He had blue jeans, blue shirt dark hat and black belt/holster/gun. It was a quick 2 sec spot on the news clip tonight. Nothing mentioned about it on the report of the event. Looked pretty calm and natural to me there.