Thread: makin sure i understand correctly.

Post imported post

without a cpl its unlawfull to open carry in walmart meijers or kroger because they sell liqour? or anywhere else who sells it?

Post imported post

Correct you cannot legally OC without a CPL on the PROPERTY of any place that holds a liqueur license whether they sell it or not.

Use this tool to determine who has one.

http://www2.dleg.state.mi.us/llist/
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

While we're at it... Apparently in MI there are several different...ah...levels of liquor license, from what I'm being told. For instance a gas station that sells only beer, no liquor gets a different, cheaper, license than those who want to sell liquor. These too fall under the blanket of MI Liquor License pursuant to MCL 750.***, correct?

Post imported post

chargerlover wrote:
    without a cpl its unlawfull to open carry in walmart meijers or kroger because they sell liqour? or anywhere else who sells it?
    Welcome to OCDO Chargerlover.

You canadd your location by going to My Account and then Profile. Pick USA under Country first and then pick Michigan under State.

Other than what Autosurgeon said, per MCL 750.234d, you would need permission from the owner or agent of the owner of an establishment that is licensed to sell liquor for on or off-sight consumption to carry. Even if you were to obtain permission, you would be required to OC to be legal. Asking permission is usually not recommended due to the fact it leaves a lot of room for error (denial).

Post imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
    While we're at it... Apparently in MI there are several different...ah...levels of liquor license, from what I'm being told. For instance a gas station that sells only beer, no liquor gets a different, cheaper, license than those who want to sell liquor. These too fall under the blanket of MI Liquor License pursuant to MCL 750.***, correct?
    There are separate licenses for both beer, wine and liquor. For example, party stores and restaurants that are too close to a school zone can only be licensed to sell beer and wine. However, under Michigan law, liquor is defined as:

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(321...e=mcl-436-1105

Post imported post

Ok, But you can carry concealed in these places correct?

Post imported post

22-250 wrote:
    Ok, But you can carry concealed in these places correct?
    With a CPL (obviously) yes. You may also OC in themwith a CPL.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine