Thread: Wisconsin Carry Inc. pamphlets

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan

Post imported post

Went to The Ammo Box in Sun Prairie today; talked to the owner. There is now a stack of Wisconsin Carry Inc. pamphlets on their counter. Also went to Deerfield Pistol and Archery. Same result.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar

Post imported post

Thanks for spreading the word!!

Stay Free!
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

McX

Post imported post

pamphlets dropped to shooters 6 mile.

Post imported post

Are these the oc pamphlets or diff ones for wci?
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

McX

Post imported post

i've been using the opencarry pamphlets, with an application sheet for wisconsin carry stuffed inside.

Post imported post

So I was at a gun store earlier today and the guy that works there was really trying to discourage this customer from OCing. I told the customer that I OC all of the time now and have not been hassled yet, and I gave out my first OC pamphlet today to him I'm not sure if the gun store guy just doesn't want to be liable for completely educating the customer or what, but I think the pamphlet is so informative and will at least put people on the right track. Thanks to the pamphlet creator for letting us print it out. I enjoy spreading the word

Post imported post

Shell, which store?
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Post imported post

I don't want to give them a bad rep or anything... But I will say that they apparently got a stack of pamphlets on the 10th What they did with them? I don't know, because they certainly aren't giving them out...

Banned

Post imported post

At some point we have to stop kissing ass. If these gun shops are selling guns yet do not support the right to carry. Then shop somewhere else.

Post imported post

Alright, inquiring minds, it was DPAC. Apparently it isn't a big secret at all that the shop is anti-OC anyways. Everyone there has been really nice to me and not condescending, it is a convenient place for me to shoot, and I'm thinking of taking a set of classes there; and because of all that I'm not sure if their anti-OC opinion is enough to turn me away. I'm sure there must be a component of them not wanting to be "liable" for someone's careless OCing, they don't want a finger pointed at them and someone saying "but they told me I could!", just my speculation although I'm not trying to defend their opinion.

Post imported post

Shell wrote:
    Alright, inquiring minds, it was DPAC. Apparently it isn't a big secret at all that the shop is anti-OC anyways. Everyone there has been really nice to me and not condescending, it is a convenient place for me to shoot, and I'm thinking of taking a set of classes there; and because of all that I'm not sure if their anti-OC opinion is enough to turn me away. I'm sure there must be a component of them not wanting to be "liable" for someone's careless OCing, they don't want a finger pointed at them and someone saying "but they told me I could!", just my speculation although I'm not trying to defend their opinion.
    I'm guessing you mean Deerfield. I am the OP of this thread, and I talked to the owner about Wisconsin Carry Inc., showed him the pamphlets, he looked through them, and was more than happy to put themon display in a clear plastic pamphlet holder on the front counter. I was there Saturday to use the range, and they are still there for all to see.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Banned

Post imported post

Plankton wrote:
    Shell wrote:
    I'm guessing you mean Deerfield. I am the OP of this thread, and I talked to the owner about Wisconsin Carry Inc., showed him the pamphlets, he looked through them, and was more than happy to put themon display in a clear plastic pamphlet holder on the front counter. I was there Saturday to use the range, and they are still there for all to see.
    Maybe one of his employees threw them out. Or.... maybe they were all handed out.

Either way, ANY gun shop that doesn't support your right to carry doesn't deserve your business. You can take classes any where and you can shoot at many other places that do support your rights.

Isn't that an oxymoron? I mean a gun shop that doesn't support your right to carry.

LOL I'll sell you a gun but I don't think you should carry it around, someone might get hurt!

Midwest shooters supply in Lomira has a great indoor range and they allow Open Carry. I believe they also offer instruction on shooting. $12.00 per hr and $1.25 per silhoette target.

Post imported post

I shoot at Deerfield every week, so if they're simply out of pamphlets I can resupply!
    A. Gold

Post imported post

double post.... damn mouse
    A. Gold

Post imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
    Plankton wrote:
    Shell wrote:
    Maybe one of his employees threw them out. Or.... maybe they were all handed out.

Either way, ANY gun shop that doesn't support your right to carry doesn't deserve your business. You can take classes any where and you can shoot at many other places that do support your rights.

Isn't that an oxymoron? I mean a gun shop that doesn't support your right to carry.

LOL I'll sell you a gun but I don't think you should carry it around, someone might get hurt!

Midwest shooters supply in Lomira has a great indoor range and they allow Open Carry. I believe they also offer instruction on shooting. $12.00 per hr and $1.25 per silhoette target.
    Like I said....the pamphlets were ON DISPLAY 2 days ago when I was there. Shotgun, when you go, you will see them in a 4 divider case on the front counter.

Post imported post

Is there an online link to the pamphlet? PDF?

Post imported post

I didn't see if the pamphlets were there or not, but the guy running the counter didn't mention them to the customer who was inquiring about OC. I guess it would have been nice if he said "We as a store do not recommend OC, but here is an informative pamphlet about it if you really want to learn more", but instead he just gave the customer reason after reason to not OC and didn't mention the pamphlet at the end of the counter at all.

Banned

Post imported post

Maybe the two of you should pay a visit to the manager and point out the employee.

Call them out on this. Let them know that we can all find another place to shop.

Post imported post

xenophon wrote:
    Is there an online link to the pamphlet?* PDF?
    http://www.wisconsincarry.org/pdf/Me...pplication.pdf
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Banned

Post imported post

What if you get more than 1000 founders club members? Do they not get a number? or am I missing something?

Post imported post

As the name intimates "Founders" club was something that intimates joining in the first year and making $100 total donation in that first year.

When the Founders club numbers are gone, they are gone but I don't think we'll hit 1000 founders club members in the first year. After the first year there will probably be no more new additions to the Founders club.

Founders club will always be descriptive of those members specifically.

To be honest, nothing has been discussed about what, if, or how we use any remaining numbers. Perhaps a different designation at that time. Perhaps we use any remaining numbers to offer as "honorary" numbers to members who make exceptionally noteworthy non-monetary contributions to advancing carry-rights in Wisconsin. I think all our members have made contributions to gun-rights in Wisconsin. (and many non-members make significant contributions to carry-rights in Wisconsin)

Having said that, every member number is permanent and assigned sequentially so even those without founders club numbers, a low number will always have the distinction of denoting a persons recognizing and joining the organization in its infancy.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc.'s Avatar

Post imported post

Here is a link to the current version of the pamphlet that is given out by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. at events we attend.

http://www.wisconsincarry.org/pdf/OCpamphletR16.pdf

Hubert Hoffman, Vice President
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    P.O. Box 270403
    Milwaukee, WI. 53227
    Hubert@wisconsincarry.org
    608-792-0669
    http://www.wisconsincarry.org

Hubert Hoffman, Vice President
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    P.O. Box 270403
    Milwaukee, WI. 53227
    Hubert@wisconsincarry.org
    608-792-0669
    http://www.wisconsincarry.org
    Disclaimer: Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Post imported post

Went to Deerfield Pistol tonight to shoot in the combat league-- they still had Wisconsin Carry Inc's "Wisconsin Gun Rights" brochures on display on the countertop, and I restocked it with additional copies.
    A. Gold