Thread: "Is your Pistol Concealed?" sign at Hoffman's range

Post imported post

I bought a new pistol a few weeks ago,andbrought it in totest firea few (50)rounds at Hoffman's in Newington last week. I know all of the employees at Hoffman's open carry (most of them anyway), but I am almost positive I saw a sign when I was leaving the range that asked "Is your pistol concealed?" What's the deal with open carry in the store? Anyone have any experience?

Post imported post

Hoffmans , Newington Gun exchange , K5 in Milford , Middelfield , Milford gun+safe all show their piece. BUT please Please DO NOT take Yours out unless asked to do so. Happy shooting. greasynick....

Post imported post

GREASYNICK wrote:
    Hoffmans , Newington Gun exchange , K5 in Milford , Middelfield , Milford gun+safe all show their piece. BUT please Please DO NOT take Yours out unless asked to do so. Happy shooting. greasynick....
    Seems a little hypocritical.....

Post imported post

we just came back from Hoffman's and didn't notice the sign so if it is there it's not eye catching.

Post imported post

GREASYNICK wrote:
    "taking it out" is not the same as open carry. So if you are OC when you get to the place are you supposed to cover it up before walking in?
    States donít have rights. People do.

Post imported post

midnight61 wrote:
    we just came back from Hoffman's and didn't notice the sign so if it is there it's not eye catching.
    The sign is when you are exiting the range, not when you are entering the store. Don't get me wrong, I think Hoffman's is one of the best shops around. I spend hours of my time, and hundreds of my dollars there. I just think the sign isa weird contradiction, that's all.

Post imported post

jz12b wrote:
    midnight61 wrote:
    The sign is when you are exiting the range, not when you are entering the store. Don't get me wrong, I think Hoffman's is one of the best shops around. I spend hours of my time, and hundreds of my dollars there. I just think the sign isa weird contradiction, that's all.
    I love the place too, one of the few places I can try before buying due to their huge selection. The ironic part is I was trying out a CZ at their range today and still didn't notice the sign...of all places to lack awareness.

Post imported post

It is very bad form to "present your piece" at a gun store unless you get an ok from the person you are working with.

If you need to get the gun worked on, or looked at or appraised, bring it in in a case.

They are justifiably concerned about negligent discharges.
    If you do bring it in in a case, lock the slide back before you put it in the case or put a chamber flag in it as a courtesy. A couple of hours locked back is not going to hurt the recoil spring.

Don
    MCS Precision - Training, Sales, Transfers, Estate Purchases

07 FFL
    NRA Pistol and Rifle Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Post imported post

dcmdon wrote:
    It is very bad form to "present your piece" at a gun store unless you get an ok from the person you are working with.
    This is not the topic at hand. Open carry is not 'presenting your piece'.
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

Post imported post

Agreed. I should have clarified that.
    MCS Precision - Training, Sales, Transfers, Estate Purchases

07 FFL
    NRA Pistol and Rifle Instructor
    NRA Life Member