• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Is your Pistol Concealed?" sign at Hoffman's range

jz12b

imported post

I bought a new pistol a few weeks ago,andbrought it in totest firea few (50)rounds at Hoffman's in Newington last week. I know all of the employees at Hoffman's open carry (most of them anyway), but I am almost positive I saw a sign when I was leaving the range that asked "Is your pistol concealed?" What's the deal with open carry in the store? Anyone have any experience?

GREASYNICK

imported post

Hoffmans , Newington Gun exchange , K5 in Milford , Middelfield , Milford gun+safe all show their piece. BUT please Please DO NOT take Yours out unless asked to do so. Happy shooting. greasynick....

jz12b

imported post

GREASYNICK wrote:
Hoffmans , Newington Gun exchange , K5 in Milford , Middelfield , Milford gun+safe all show their piece. BUT please Please DO NOT take Yours out unless asked to do so. Happy shooting. greasynick....
Seems a little hypocritical.....

mrjam2jab

imported post

GREASYNICK wrote:

"taking it out" is not the same as open carry. So if you are OC when you get to the place are you supposed to cover it up before walking in?

jz12b

imported post

midnight61 wrote:
we just came back from Hoffman's and didn't notice the sign so if it is there it's not eye catching.
The sign is when you are exiting the range, not when you are entering the store. Don't get me wrong, I think Hoffman's is one of the best shops around. I spend hours of my time, and hundreds of my dollars there. I just think the sign isa weird contradiction, that's all.

midnight61

imported post

jz12b wrote:
midnight61 wrote:
we just came back from Hoffman's and didn't notice the sign so if it is there it's not eye catching.
The sign is when you are exiting the range, not when you are entering the store. Don't get me wrong, I think Hoffman's is one of the best shops around. I spend hours of my time, and hundreds of my dollars there. I just think the sign isa weird contradiction, that's all.
I love the place too, one of the few places I can try before buying due to their huge selection. The ironic part is I was trying out a CZ at their range today and still didn't notice the sign...of all places to lack awareness.

dcmdon

imported post

It is very bad form to "present your piece" at a gun store unless you get an ok from the person you are working with.

If you need to get the gun worked on, or looked at or appraised, bring it in in a case.

They are justifiably concerned about negligent discharges.
If you do bring it in in a case, lock the slide back before you put it in the case or put a chamber flag in it as a courtesy. A couple of hours locked back is not going to hurt the recoil spring.

Don