Thread: Daughters first shoot

Banned

Post imported post

My daughter got to shoot today for the first time!

Wehave been shooting BB guns, and going over gun safety for about a year now, she's 7, and today, I took her to Advanced Ranges in Burton. We rented a little Walther P22, and she did very well with it. Had to laugh at her though, at first, she would take a shot, and immediately set the gun down. Its OK though, we were doing single loads at first. After a bit, I got her to stop doing that.

I made her say the 4 safety rules on the way to the range, and she was able to follow them. she only missed the image on the target a couple of times, and not by very far.

Post imported post

Is she not breaking a rule right now?

Post imported post

I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and say the camera was sitting on something and the timer was used.....I hope.

But that's some good trigger finger position. Much better than I see some adults, that are supposed to know better, using

Bronson

Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Post imported post

Yeah that's the first thing I noticed too was the good indexing of her finger on the gun, that tells me she had a good instructor and didnt you know, girls are better at that age when it comes to oral instruction because they are apt to listen....

boys on the other hand
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." - President George Washington

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." - Thomas Paine

Banned

Post imported post

You can see the breech face. And yes, I explained to her that she would be breaking one of the rules. Funny thing was, she brought up the question. That's my girl.

The date on the film was purely coincidental.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

And lets bring up the fact that is is breaking the law by possesing a handgun and she was not at an approved range being taught firearm handling procedures.

That's was for the anti-air soft crowd.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I'm gunna pinch you on Tuesday.

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    I'm gunna pinch you on Tuesday.
    Then I will have to hit you with your own empty beer bottles that I'llhave so I can return them to you. I would rather give them to you intact!
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

hrmmm ok...I'll pinch you after:P

Banned

Post imported post

get a room

Post imported post

I took my daughters shooting when they were 2 and 3 respectively, using a .22 rifle, one round loaded at a time, eyes, and ears covered, and I kept control of the rifle, but they got to pull the trigger. They had so much fun!!!

Last year I did the same with a .22 semi pistol, loaded 1 round at a time (they were 4 & 5 then), and they loved it.

I made sure we were close enough to the targets that just by me making sure the gun was pointed that way, they would hit it. They were so excited they had to take the targets to show grandma and grandpa (my parents).

Maybe this year they can try the .45!!! jk, jk, jk!!!
    Rand Paul 2016

Post imported post

had my 5y/o niece shoot my 44mag....

She held the gun with my hand aroundhers and I loaded it with those "shot" rounds.

She was nonthewiser but totally thrilled cuz she got to shoot the "big gun".

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    hrmmm ok...I'll pinch you after:P
    Doh!

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Are you guys going to have a tickle-fest like the senators do?:shock:.springerdave.

Post imported post

springerdave wrote:
    Are you guys going to have a tickle-fest like the senators do?:shock:.springerdave.
    Perhaps, we haven't made up our minds yet.