• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Daughters first shoot

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

My daughter got to shoot today for the first time!:D

Wehave been shooting BB guns, and going over gun safety for about a year now, she's 7, and today, I took her to Advanced Ranges in Burton. We rented a little Walther P22, and she did very well with it. Had to laugh at her though, at first, she would take a shot, and immediately set the gun down. Its OK though, we were doing single loads at first. After a bit, I got her to stop doing that.

I made her say the 4 safety rules on the way to the range, and she was able to follow them. she only missed the image on the target a couple of times, and not by very far.

Bronson

imported post

I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and say the camera was sitting on something and the timer was used.....I hope.

But that's some good trigger finger position. Much better than I see some adults, that are supposed to know better, using

Bronson

cmdr_iceman71

imported post

Yeah that's the first thing I noticed too was the good indexing of her finger on the gun, that tells me she had a good instructor and didnt you know, girls are better at that age when it comes to oral instruction because they are apt to listen....

boys on the other hand :uhoh:

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

You can see the breech face. And yes, I explained to her that she would be breaking one of the rules. Funny thing was, she brought up the question. That's my girl.

The date on the film was purely coincidental.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

And lets bring up the fact that is is breaking the law by possesing a handgun and she was not at an approved range being taught firearm handling procedures.;):D:D

That's was for the anti-air soft crowd.:D

Yooper

imported post

I took my daughters shooting when they were 2 and 3 respectively, using a .22 rifle, one round loaded at a time, eyes, and ears covered, and I kept control of the rifle, but they got to pull the trigger. They had so much fun!!!

Last year I did the same with a .22 semi pistol, loaded 1 round at a time (they were 4 & 5 then), and they loved it.

I made sure we were close enough to the targets that just by me making sure the gun was pointed that way, they would hit it. They were so excited they had to take the targets to show grandma and grandpa (my parents).

Maybe this year they can try the .45!!! jk, jk, jk!!!