• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC Forums?

viperar15

imported post

malignity -

there is actually an on-going discussion about opening up the forums or areas of the forums to the general public, in which I support doing.

But, we need more of the MOC members on the forums to post their comments in the MOC thread on the forums. We've only had about 19 people comment 1 way or another. We have well over 100 members..... if more would come to comment, it would give the board more reason to make a decision on it at this point.

I'm stuck in the position where I would love to open it up for all to at least the main OC areas that everyone can view and read, but I cannot without the Boards Approval.

edit: i have not rejected any of the registrations that are non-moc members at this moment, until the board gets enough response from the membership and makes a decision. This way, if they say "ok" i can click approve on the other 36 registrations, rather then forcing all of ya to re-register again.

If that happens, you will get an email to your account that you registered with stating to click a link to activate your account.

anetsprungen

Assyria Township, Barry County, Michigan, USA
imported post

Another factor that may influence participation, both here, on the MOC Forum and TS, is Facebook.

I don't use TS, but I do keep checking the forums & FB every few days. I don't see very much cross over between FB and the forums, so I don't know if the posters are members or not, but it has been pretty active with fan posts.

However, IMO, it takes a different kind of communicating because the posts are limited on the number of characters you can write. There are currently 529 fans. While the site/page appears to be MOC, Inc. owned, the last 'official' posting was Mar 29th.

As there are more outlets for people to seek information, it becomes inevitable there will be a reduction in activity spread across all the venues.

Roy
:cool:

G

imported post

T Vance wrote:
malignity wrote:
If you guys want to expand your membership; well, that's probably one of the better ways to do it. Cause, drama or no drama, these forums are awfully quiet without you.

Remeber, Pat's on vacation right now.

:lol:
Go ahead and blame all the lack of drama on me.

Let me see...

"All I need is this entertainment center.
And this ashtray."

"That's all I need. I'll never go to IKEA again."

"Except to get this entertainment center, this ashtray and this lamp."

"I'm never going to IKEA ever again... Except to get this entertainment center, this ashtray, this lamp, and oh look at that chair. It'll go nice in the study."

I'll be back in a few days. Then I'll get back to the business of stirring the pot in my new civil manner. :uhoh:

G

imported post

wardog6d wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:
malignity wrote:
So.... the MOC forums are only for MOC members? Can't you make sub-forums for the same purpose?

As much as I hate the stupid drama that you guys threw around here at times, I did highly enjoy the last Warren Picnic you guys had that I came to and showed my support at, and would like to continue to show my support for MOC and OC in the future.

I've shown interest in joining MOC as an official member (and even have an MOC sticker on my car) for a while now, however, since MOC no longer conducts any official business here, I'm completely and utterly out of the loop as to what's going on, what events are being held, and what the latest general scoop is. I put in a request for a forum membership, but have not been approved or denied since the forums came up. I can't see justifying paying for a membership in this economy and with the college debt I've accrued unless I know what's going on.

If you guys want to expand your membership; well, that's probably one of the better ways to do it. Cause, drama or no drama, these forums are awfully quiet without you.

im still here,and posting events!

also made forum mod on MOC forums.
Thats great news Freak!. I am glad to see MOC.INC continues to embrase there underage members. Way to go MOC. Freak for Pres! He'll only quit if he's arrested!
I'm still waiting for that list of personal attacks freak. I want to be sure that I know just what is sufficient enough for you to ban me there.

And wardog, you need to lay off the child... Afterall he's about to become a baby-daddy. That's indicative of his maturity right there.

viperar15

imported post

Everyone:

In regards to Non MOC Members - For those that are interested in the MOC Forums and having access, go ahead and register. I will hit approve when I get home tonight. We got approval to open up the main OC categories to Non-Members.

Please make sure to read the AUP! :)

If there are any questions, concerns or problems, you can contact me at it@miopencarry.org.

Thank you,
Shaun
MOC IT