Thread: A home invasion averted by female with a gun!

Post imported post

Noticed this in the West Seattle Blog this AM

http://westseattleblog.com/2010/04/w...off#more-34483

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar

Post imported post

"The comments that were removed were not for or against guns, they were telling her she should have killed the intruder, which is against WSB’s policy."

You may not kill an intruder in West Seattle.

Post imported post

I honestly believe this was the best outcome for all involved. What do you use a gun for? I'd use it to stop a threat to my life or limb or my family. - if the mere sight of the gun stops the threat - then excellent! I don't have to live with the guilt of having killed someone - whether right or wrong is a scenario I never wish to replay in my mind.

If someone was coming down my hallway towards my child or my family, in the split second it takes to ascertain the situation with my surefire and sig, yes my first reaction would be to shoot... I already know the intruder is not there to clean my house... but if the intruder stops, puts his hands on his head and waits for the police (and cleans my dishes, and folds my laundry, vacuums at gunpoint) or runs - I would not shoot... the threat is gone... if not well then the threat will be blown away at my decision..

Post imported post

Statistically this is by far the most common interaction between SD gun use and the BG - BG sees gun, BG goes away, no shots fired, no one hurt BECAUSE the LAC had a gun. Unfortunately the media rarely reports these types of cases and instead reports the heck out of the statistically rare instances where the trigger is pulled.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."