• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A home invasion averted by female with a gun!

trevorthebusdriver

imported post

"The comments that were removed were not for or against guns, they were telling her she should have killed the intruder, which is against WSB’s policy."

You may not kill an intruder in West Seattle. :banghead:

SigPacker

imported post

I honestly believe this was the best outcome for all involved. What do you use a gun for? I'd use it to stop a threat to my life or limb or my family. - if the mere sight of the gun stops the threat - then excellent! I don't have to live with the guilt of having killed someone - whether right or wrong is a scenario I never wish to replay in my mind.

If someone was coming down my hallway towards my child or my family, in the split second it takes to ascertain the situation with my surefire and sig, yes my first reaction would be to shoot... I already know the intruder is not there to clean my house... but if the intruder stops, puts his hands on his head and waits for the police (and cleans my dishes, and folds my laundry, vacuums at gunpoint) or runs - I would not shoot... the threat is gone... if not well then the threat will be blown away at my decision..

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Statistically this is by far the most common interaction between SD gun use and the BG - BG sees gun, BG goes away, no shots fired, no one hurt BECAUSE the LAC had a gun. Unfortunately the media rarely reports these types of cases and instead reports the heck out of the statistically rare instances where the trigger is pulled.