Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 137

Thread: Durand Railroad Days event.

  1. #1
    Regular Member lil_freak_66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mason, Michigan
    Posts
    1,811

    Post imported post

    This will be an excellent thing to take the family to,most things at a fair will be here.

    Info on the Railroad Days event can be found at this link,the information for the OC'ers will be below that.

    http://www.durandrailroaddays.com/


    May 15th.


    I will be at the event all day,11am till 10 pm.

    Trumble park will be the meeting place if MOC decides to setup a table,otherwise we will eventually just run into one another


    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.


  2. #2
    Regular Member autosurgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lawrence, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    3,845

    Post imported post

    Sounds like a fun time!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

    Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

  3. #3
    Regular Member lil_freak_66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mason, Michigan
    Posts
    1,811

    Post imported post

    yeah too bad the person handling vendor registration forrailroad daysnever emailed back...MOC coulda got a table setup to pass stuff out
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.


  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burton, Michigan
    Posts
    3,361

    Post imported post

    lil_freak_66 wrote:
    yeah too bad the person handling vendor registration forrailroad daysnever emailed back...MOC coulda got a table setup to pass stuff out
    Railroad Days is over a month from now, is it too late to make additional contacts by you or other members of MOC?

  5. #5
    Regular Member lil_freak_66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mason, Michigan
    Posts
    1,811

    Post imported post

    we're all still trying,got a few people trying to make contact,i sent an email to the proper email address a week ago and it hasnt yet been returned.

    there is contact info in the website link in the OP,maybe somebody else would have better luck
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.


  6. #6
    Regular Member JeffSayers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    629

    Post imported post

    I bounced an email last night, I thinkI will try to follow up with a call if they list a number. It doesn't look too expensive, $50 or $100 plus postinjg an insurance certificate.
    United we STAND!

  7. #7
    Regular Member lil_freak_66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mason, Michigan
    Posts
    1,811

    Post imported post

    JeffSayers wrote:
    I bounced an email last night, I thinkI will try to follow up with a call if they list a number. It doesn't look too expensive, $50 or $100 plus postinjg an insurance certificate.
    dansjeep2000 is trying to find a way to get ahold of the person running the vendor stuff in person,as he is the local member,and has been more than helpful with the last durand event.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.


  8. #8
    Guest

    Post imported post

    lil_freak_66 wrote:
    yeah too bad the person handling vendor registration forrailroad daysnever emailed back...MOC coulda got a table setup to pass stuff out
    Maybe they prefer to conduct their business with adults instead of children.

    Some organizations are funny about that sort of thing. Go figure.

  9. #9
    Regular Member lil_freak_66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mason, Michigan
    Posts
    1,811

    Post imported post

    pat dont start again,we've been doing so well together the last week or so.

    on an on topic note....the vernon cop we ran into at subway for the first durand event complimented the thigh rig one of us was wearing...just thought id give the compliment to whomever had the thigh rig,i think it was lapeer.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.


  10. #10
    Guest

    Post imported post

    lil_freak_66 wrote:
    pat dont start again,we've been doing so well together the last week or so.

    on an on topic note....the vernon cop we ran into at subway for the first durand event complimented the thigh rig one of us was wearing...just thought id give the compliment to whomever had the thigh rig,i think it was lapeer.
    Just what exactly are you accusing me of starting?

    Why are you calling me out?

    Is there something that is not factual in my post?

    And just what is it "we've" been doing so well together this last week or so? I am particularly curious about this, because "we" haven't been doing anything together. Nor will we ever.

    What is the purpose of your reply, other than to bait me into one of your childish circle arguments?

    If there is something that is inaccurate in my post, then address it.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Durand, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    69

    Post imported post

    I haven't heard anything yet but I am working on it...I will also man A MOC table if we are able to make it work.

  12. #12
    Regular Member lil_freak_66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mason, Michigan
    Posts
    1,811

    Post imported post

    we could pass tri folds and flyers out if we cant get a table,its all public property i dont think they'd be able to say anything.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.


  13. #13
    Regular Member JeffSayers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    629

    Post imported post

    lil_freak_66 wrote:
    we could pass tri folds and flyers out if we cant get a table,its all public property i dont think they'd be able to say anything.
    Remember of course just because they can't stop us from doing something doesn't always make it OK to do it. We don't want to be the combative type, unless the particular battle is one worth choosing!
    United we STAND!

  14. #14
    Regular Member lil_freak_66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mason, Michigan
    Posts
    1,811

    Post imported post

    JeffSayers wrote:
    lil_freak_66 wrote:
    we could pass tri folds and flyers out if we cant get a table,its all public property i dont think they'd be able to say anything.
    Remember of course just because they can't stop us from doing something doesn't always make it OK to do it. We don't want to be the combative type, unless the particular battle is one worth choosing!
    ya...just making suggestions,what you say goes pertaining to MOC material!
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.


  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Davison, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    50

    Post imported post

    I would like to publicly applaud lil-freak for his very mature response to criticism in this thread. Nice job, lil-freak!

  16. #16
    Regular Member Bikenut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,756

    Post imported post

    David in MI wrote:
    I would like to publicly applaud lil-freak for his very mature response to criticism in this thread. Nice job, lil-freak!
    Yooperlady and I met lil-freak in Owosso last year and were impressed by the amount of maturity he has. Yes, he is young and filled with the sometimes impetuous enthusiasm of youth (I sorta remember a long time ago when I too was young) yet he perseveres in the face of being thought of as just a "youngun'" by society at large.... and by some of his own brethren who, in my opinion, would better serve the greater cause by taking the upcoming youths under their wing and guiding them... instead of berating them.

    Keep on keepin' on lil_freak.

    And to those few who have stepped up and are mentoring the upcoming generation...... Damn good job!

    Back to original topic..............

    If all goes well... it don't rain and the creek don't rise... Yooperlady and I will attend Railroad Days.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

  17. #17
    Guest

    Post imported post

    Bikenut wrote:
    David in MI wrote:
    I would like to publicly applaud lil-freak for his very mature response to criticism in this thread. Nice job, lil-freak!
    Yooperlady and I met lil-freak in Owosso last year and were impressed by the amount of maturity he has. Yes, he is young and filled with the sometimes impetuous enthusiasm of youth (I sorta remember a long time ago when I too was young) yet he perseveres in the face of being thought of as just a "youngun'" by society at large.... and by some of his own brethren who, in my opinion, would better serve the greater cause by taking the upcoming youths under their wing and guiding them... instead of berating them.

    Keep on keepin' on lil_freak.

    And to those few who have stepped up and are mentoring the upcoming generation...... Damn good job!

    Back to original topic..............

    If all goes well... it don't rain and the creek don't rise... Yooperlady and I will attend Railroad Days.
    A great many of the upcoming youths have been taken under the wing and guided. This one is not receptive to guidance though. And is actually resistant to it.

    The silent majority do however recognize this and wish not to be stigmatized by him. There is no berating of them. In all actuallity, almost every other young person has expressed a disdain for the manner in which he garners attention.

    Go ahead and put your arm around him and see where it gets you. Many of us here have already tried repeatedly.



  18. #18
    Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Warren, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    656

    Post imported post

    Yay!, mid may i should be driving....woo hoo lol, i might be able to make this one, and i should actually own a pistol that i can OC, thats if i can find someone on the MGO forum, alot of good deals on there .
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Davison, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    50

    Post imported post

    CV67PAT wrote:
    Bikenut wrote:
    David in MI wrote:
    I would like to publicly applaud lil-freak for his very mature response to criticism in this thread. Nice job, lil-freak!
    Yooperlady and I met lil-freak in Owosso last year and were impressed by the amount of maturity he has. Yes, he is young and filled with the sometimes impetuous enthusiasm of youth (I sorta remember a long time ago when I too was young) yet he perseveres in the face of being thought of as just a "youngun'" by society at large.... and by some of his own brethren who, in my opinion, would better serve the greater cause by taking the upcoming youths under their wing and guiding them... instead of berating them.

    Keep on keepin' on lil_freak.

    And to those few who have stepped up and are mentoring the upcoming generation...... Damn good job!

    Back to original topic..............

    If all goes well... it don't rain and the creek don't rise... Yooperlady and I will attend Railroad Days.
    A great many of the upcoming youths have been taken under the wing and guided. This one is not receptive to guidance though. And is actually resistant to it.

    The silent majority do however recognize this and wish not to be stigmatized by him. There is no berating of them. In all actuallity, almost every other young person has expressed a disdain for the manner in which he garners attention.

    Go ahead and put your arm around him and see where it gets you. Many of us here have already tried repeatedly.

    It would seem then that the best course of action for those who wish to avoid, "...being stigmatized by him..." would avoid his threads altogether, instead of instigating arguments in his thread(s), would it not?

  20. #20
    Guest

    Post imported post

    David in MI wrote:
    CV67PAT wrote:
    Bikenut wrote:
    David in MI wrote:
    I would like to publicly applaud lil-freak for his very mature response to criticism in this thread. Nice job, lil-freak!
    Yooperlady and I met lil-freak in Owosso last year and were impressed by the amount of maturity he has. Yes, he is young and filled with the sometimes impetuous enthusiasm of youth (I sorta remember a long time ago when I too was young) yet he perseveres in the face of being thought of as just a "youngun'" by society at large.... and by some of his own brethren who, in my opinion, would better serve the greater cause by taking the upcoming youths under their wing and guiding them... instead of berating them.

    Keep on keepin' on lil_freak.

    And to those few who have stepped up and are mentoring the upcoming generation...... Damn good job!

    Back to original topic..............

    If all goes well... it don't rain and the creek don't rise... Yooperlady and I will attend Railroad Days.
    A great many of the upcoming youths have been taken under the wing and guided. This one is not receptive to guidance though. And is actually resistant to it.

    The silent majority do however recognize this and wish not to be stigmatized by him. There is no berating of them. In all actuallity, almost every other young person has expressed a disdain for the manner in which he garners attention.

    Go ahead and put your arm around him and see where it gets you. Many of us here have already tried repeatedly.

    It would seem then that the best course of action for those who wish to avoid, "...being stigmatized by him..." would avoid his threads altogether, instead of instigating arguments in his thread(s), would it not?
    There was no instigating of an argument.
    A statement of fact was made regarding the desire of some organizations to deal on a professional basis with adults instead of children.

    The response from the freak was the one that was played as a victim.

    Furthermore, he has neglected to answer the questions posed to him for clarification of his statement. Now unless you're speaking on his behalf I see no purpose for your post other than to perpetuate the argument that the freak started.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Davison, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    50

    Post imported post

    CV67PAT wrote:
    David in MI wrote:
    CV67PAT wrote:
    Bikenut wrote:
    David in MI wrote:
    I would like to publicly applaud lil-freak for his very mature response to criticism in this thread. Nice job, lil-freak!
    Yooperlady and I met lil-freak in Owosso last year and were impressed by the amount of maturity he has. Yes, he is young and filled with the sometimes impetuous enthusiasm of youth (I sorta remember a long time ago when I too was young) yet he perseveres in the face of being thought of as just a "youngun'" by society at large.... and by some of his own brethren who, in my opinion, would better serve the greater cause by taking the upcoming youths under their wing and guiding them... instead of berating them.

    Keep on keepin' on lil_freak.

    And to those few who have stepped up and are mentoring the upcoming generation...... Damn good job!

    Back to original topic..............

    If all goes well... it don't rain and the creek don't rise... Yooperlady and I will attend Railroad Days.
    A great many of the upcoming youths have been taken under the wing and guided. This one is not receptive to guidance though. And is actually resistant to it.

    The silent majority do however recognize this and wish not to be stigmatized by him. There is no berating of them. In all actuallity, almost every other young person has expressed a disdain for the manner in which he garners attention.

    Go ahead and put your arm around him and see where it gets you. Many of us here have already tried repeatedly.

    It would seem then that the best course of action for those who wish to avoid, "...being stigmatized by him..." would avoid his threads altogether, instead of instigating arguments in his thread(s), would it not?
    There was no instigating of an argument.
    A statement of fact was made regarding the desire of some organizations to deal on a professional basis with adults instead of children.

    The response from the freak was the one that was played as a victim.

    Furthermore, he has neglected to answer the questions posed to him for clarification of his statement. Now unless you're speaking on his behalf I see no purpose for your post other than to perpetuate the argument that the freak started.
    I will put aside your initial statement as I don't care to quibble with you aboutsomething that is as plain as day so I will restate my point:

    It would seem then that the best course of action for those who wish to avoid, "...being stigmatized by him..." would be to avoid his threads altogether.

    I make no claim of speaking on behalf of lil-freak. In fact, I speak on behalf of someone who has grown weary of the seemingly constantstream of mindless bickering that continues to take place in threads such as these; that is, myself. If you want to cough up a hairball, do it somewhere else.

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Waterford, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    526

    Post imported post

    David in MI wrote:
    CV67PAT wrote:
    David in MI wrote:
    CV67PAT wrote:
    Bikenut wrote:
    David in MI wrote:
    I would like to publicly applaud lil-freak for his very mature response to criticism in this thread. Nice job, lil-freak!
    Yooperlady and I met lil-freak in Owosso last year and were impressed by the amount of maturity he has. Yes, he is young and filled with the sometimes impetuous enthusiasm of youth (I sorta remember a long time ago when I too was young) yet he perseveres in the face of being thought of as just a "youngun'" by society at large.... and by some of his own brethren who, in my opinion, would better serve the greater cause by taking the upcoming youths under their wing and guiding them... instead of berating them.

    Keep on keepin' on lil_freak.

    And to those few who have stepped up and are mentoring the upcoming generation...... Damn good job!

    Back to original topic..............

    If all goes well... it don't rain and the creek don't rise... Yooperlady and I will attend Railroad Days.
    A great many of the upcoming youths have been taken under the wing and guided. This one is not receptive to guidance though. And is actually resistant to it.

    The silent majority do however recognize this and wish not to be stigmatized by him. There is no berating of them. In all actuallity, almost every other young person has expressed a disdain for the manner in which he garners attention.

    Go ahead and put your arm around him and see where it gets you. Many of us here have already tried repeatedly.

    It would seem then that the best course of action for those who wish to avoid, "...being stigmatized by him..." would avoid his threads altogether, instead of instigating arguments in his thread(s), would it not?
    There was no instigating of an argument.
    A statement of fact was made regarding the desire of some organizations to deal on a professional basis with adults instead of children.

    The response from the freak was the one that was played as a victim.

    Furthermore, he has neglected to answer the questions posed to him for clarification of his statement. Now unless you're speaking on his behalf I see no purpose for your post other than to perpetuate the argument that the freak started.
    I will put aside your initial statement as I don't care to quibble with you aboutsomething that is as plain as day so I will restate my point:

    It would seem then that the best course of action for those who wish to avoid, "...being stigmatized by him..." would be to avoid his threads altogether.

    I make no claim of speaking on behalf of lil-freak. In fact, I speak on behalf of someone who has grown weary of the seemingly constantstream of mindless bickering that continues to take place in threads such as these; that is, myself. If you want to cough up a hairball, do it somewhere else.
    yes mein fuhrer?

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Durand, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    69

    Post imported post

    Do we need all this crap in every thread? The 1st Durand event went very well. What scares me is we had a candidate for StateSenator come out and talk to everyone and take pictures. They were gonna post them up on this site. I guess after seeing the bickering that goes on here, they came and left. Great way to make us look.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Davison, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    50

    Post imported post

    Dansjeep2000 wrote:
    Do we need all this crap in every thread? The 1st Durand event went very well. What scares me is we had a candidatefor State Rep. come out and talk to everyone and take pictures. They were gonna post them up on this site. I guess after seeing the bickering that goes on here, they came and left. Great way to make us look.
    Dansjeep2000-I am in 100% agreement with you.

  25. #25
    Guest

    Post imported post

    Dansjeep2000 wrote:
    Do we need all this crap in every thread? The 1st Durand event went very well. What scares me is we had a candidate for StateSenator come out and talk to everyone and take pictures. They were gonna post them up on this site. I guess after seeing the bickering that goes on here, they came and left. Great way to make us look.
    Who was the candidate?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •