• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Durand Railroad Days event.

lil_freak_66

imported post

This will be an excellent thing to take the family to,most things at a fair will be here.

Info on the Railroad Days event can be found at this link,the information for the OC'ers will be below that.

http://www.durandrailroaddays.com/

May 15th.

I will be at the event all day,11am till 10 pm.

Trumble park will be the meeting place if MOC decides to setup a table,otherwise we will eventually just run into one another

lil_freak_66

imported post

yeah too bad the person handling vendor registration forrailroad daysnever emailed back...MOC coulda got a table setup to pass stuff out

SpringerXDacp

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
yeah too bad the person handling vendor registration forrailroad daysnever emailed back...MOC coulda got a table setup to pass stuff out
Railroad Days is over a month from now, is it too late to make additional contacts by you or other members of MOC?

lil_freak_66

imported post

we're all still trying,got a few people trying to make contact,i sent an email to the proper email address a week ago and it hasnt yet been returned.

there is contact info in the website link in the OP,maybe somebody else would have better luck

lil_freak_66

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
I bounced an email last night, I thinkI will try to follow up with a call if they list a number. It doesn't look too expensive, $50 or $100 plus postinjg an insurance certificate.
dansjeep2000 is trying to find a way to get ahold of the person running the vendor stuff in person,as he is the local member,and has been more than helpful with the last durand event.

G

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
Maybe they prefer to conduct their business with adults instead of children.

Some organizations are funny about that sort of thing. Go figure.

lil_freak_66

imported post

pat dont start again,we've been doing so well together the last week or so.

on an on topic note....the vernon cop we ran into at subway for the first durand event complimented the thigh rig one of us was wearing...just thought id give the compliment to whomever had the thigh rig,i think it was lapeer.

G

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
pat dont start again,we've been doing so well together the last week or so.

on an on topic note....the vernon cop we ran into at subway for the first durand event complimented the thigh rig one of us was wearing...just thought id give the compliment to whomever had the thigh rig,i think it was lapeer.
Just what exactly are you accusing me of starting?

Why are you calling me out?

Is there something that is not factual in my post?

And just what is it "we've" been doing so well together this last week or so? I am particularly curious about this, because "we" haven't been doing anything together. Nor will we ever.

What is the purpose of your reply, other than to bait me into one of your childish circle arguments?

If there is something that is inaccurate in my post, then address it.

lil_freak_66

imported post

we could pass tri folds and flyers out if we cant get a table,its all public property i dont think they'd be able to say anything.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
we could pass tri folds and flyers out if we cant get a table,its all public property i dont think they'd be able to say anything.
Remember of course just because they can't stop us from doing something doesn't always make it OK to do it. We don't want to be the combative type, unless the particular battle is one worth choosing!

lil_freak_66

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:
Remember of course just because they can't stop us from doing something doesn't always make it OK to do it. We don't want to be the combative type, unless the particular battle is one worth choosing!
ya...just making suggestions,what you say goes pertaining to MOC material!

B

Bikenut

imported post

David in MI wrote:
I would like to publicly applaud lil-freak for his very mature response to criticism in this thread. Nice job, lil-freak!
Yooperlady and I met lil-freak in Owosso last year and were impressed by the amount of maturity he has. Yes, he is young and filled with the sometimes impetuous enthusiasm of youth (I sorta remember a long time ago when I too was young) yet he perseveres in the face of being thought of as just a "youngun'" by society at large.... and by some of his own brethren who, in my opinion, would better serve the greater cause by taking the upcoming youths under their wing and guiding them... instead of berating them.

Keep on keepin' on lil_freak.

And to those few who have stepped up and are mentoring the upcoming generation...... Damn good job!

Back to original topic..............

If all goes well... it don't rain and the creek don't rise... Yooperlady and I will attend Railroad Days.:)

G

imported post

Bikenut wrote:
David in MI wrote:
I would like to publicly applaud lil-freak for his very mature response to criticism in this thread. Nice job, lil-freak!
Yooperlady and I met lil-freak in Owosso last year and were impressed by the amount of maturity he has. Yes, he is young and filled with the sometimes impetuous enthusiasm of youth (I sorta remember a long time ago when I too was young) yet he perseveres in the face of being thought of as just a "youngun'" by society at large.... and by some of his own brethren who, in my opinion, would better serve the greater cause by taking the upcoming youths under their wing and guiding them... instead of berating them.

And to those few who have stepped up and are mentoring the upcoming generation...... Damn good job!

If all goes well... it don't rain and the creek don't rise... Yooperlady and I will attend Railroad Days.:)
A great many of the upcoming youths have been taken under the wing and guided. This one is not receptive to guidance though. And is actually resistant to it.

The silent majority do however recognize this and wish not to be stigmatized by him. There is no berating of them. In all actuallity, almost every other young person has expressed a disdain for the manner in which he garners attention.

Go ahead and put your arm around him and see where it gets you. Many of us here have already tried repeatedly.

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

Yay!, mid may i should be driving....woo hoo lol, i might be able to make this one, and i should actually own a pistol that i can OC, thats if i can find someone on the MGO forum, alot of good deals on there :dude:.

David in MI

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Bikenut wrote:
David in MI wrote:

A great many of the upcoming youths have been taken under the wing and guided. This one is not receptive to guidance though. And is actually resistant to it.

The silent majority do however recognize this and wish not to be stigmatized by him. There is no berating of them. In all actuallity, almost every other young person has expressed a disdain for the manner in which he garners attention.

Go ahead and put your arm around him and see where it gets you. Many of us here have already tried repeatedly.
It would seem then that the best course of action for those who wish to avoid, "...being stigmatized by him..." would avoid his threads altogether, instead of instigating arguments in his thread(s), would it not?

G

imported post

David in MI wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Bikenut wrote:
David in MI wrote:

It would seem then that the best course of action for those who wish to avoid, "...being stigmatized by him..." would avoid his threads altogether, instead of instigating arguments in his thread(s), would it not?
There was no instigating of an argument.
A statement of fact was made regarding the desire of some organizations to deal on a professional basis with adults instead of children.

The response from the freak was the one that was played as a victim.

Furthermore, he has neglected to answer the questions posed to him for clarification of his statement. Now unless you're speaking on his behalf I see no purpose for your post other than to perpetuate the argument that the freak started.