• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Durand Railroad Days event.

David in MI

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
David in MI wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Bikenut wrote:
David in MI wrote:
I would like to publicly applaud lil-freak for his very mature response to criticism in this thread. Nice job, lil-freak!
Yooperlady and I met lil-freak in Owosso last year and were impressed by the amount of maturity he has. Yes, he is young and filled with the sometimes impetuous enthusiasm of youth (I sorta remember a long time ago when I too was young) yet he perseveres in the face of being thought of as just a "youngun'" by society at large.... and by some of his own brethren who, in my opinion, would better serve the greater cause by taking the upcoming youths under their wing and guiding them... instead of berating them.

Keep on keepin' on lil_freak.

And to those few who have stepped up and are mentoring the upcoming generation...... Damn good job!

Back to original topic..............

If all goes well... it don't rain and the creek don't rise... Yooperlady and I will attend Railroad Days.:)
A great many of the upcoming youths have been taken under the wing and guided. This one is not receptive to guidance though. And is actually resistant to it.

The silent majority do however recognize this and wish not to be stigmatized by him. There is no berating of them. In all actuallity, almost every other young person has expressed a disdain for the manner in which he garners attention.

Go ahead and put your arm around him and see where it gets you. Many of us here have already tried repeatedly.
It would seem then that the best course of action for those who wish to avoid, "...being stigmatized by him..." would avoid his threads altogether, instead of instigating arguments in his thread(s), would it not?
There was no instigating of an argument.
A statement of fact was made regarding the desire of some organizations to deal on a professional basis with adults instead of children.

The response from the freak was the one that was played as a victim.

Furthermore, he has neglected to answer the questions posed to him for clarification of his statement. Now unless you're speaking on his behalf I see no purpose for your post other than to perpetuate the argument that the freak started.

I will put aside your initial statement as I don't care to quibble with you aboutsomething that is as plain as day so I will restate my point:

It would seem then that the best course of action for those who wish to avoid, "...being stigmatized by him..." would be to avoid his threads altogether.

I make no claim of speaking on behalf of lil-freak. In fact, I speak on behalf of someone who has grown weary of the seemingly constantstream of mindless bickering that continues to take place in threads such as these; that is, myself. If you want to cough up a hairball, do it somewhere else.

Beerme

Banned
imported post

David in MI wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
David in MI wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Bikenut wrote:
David in MI wrote:
I would like to publicly applaud lil-freak for his very mature response to criticism in this thread. Nice job, lil-freak!
Yooperlady and I met lil-freak in Owosso last year and were impressed by the amount of maturity he has. Yes, he is young and filled with the sometimes impetuous enthusiasm of youth (I sorta remember a long time ago when I too was young) yet he perseveres in the face of being thought of as just a "youngun'" by society at large.... and by some of his own brethren who, in my opinion, would better serve the greater cause by taking the upcoming youths under their wing and guiding them... instead of berating them.

Keep on keepin' on lil_freak.

And to those few who have stepped up and are mentoring the upcoming generation...... Damn good job!

Back to original topic..............

If all goes well... it don't rain and the creek don't rise... Yooperlady and I will attend Railroad Days.:)
A great many of the upcoming youths have been taken under the wing and guided. This one is not receptive to guidance though. And is actually resistant to it.

The silent majority do however recognize this and wish not to be stigmatized by him. There is no berating of them. In all actuallity, almost every other young person has expressed a disdain for the manner in which he garners attention.

Go ahead and put your arm around him and see where it gets you. Many of us here have already tried repeatedly.
It would seem then that the best course of action for those who wish to avoid, "...being stigmatized by him..." would avoid his threads altogether, instead of instigating arguments in his thread(s), would it not?
There was no instigating of an argument.
A statement of fact was made regarding the desire of some organizations to deal on a professional basis with adults instead of children.

The response from the freak was the one that was played as a victim.

Furthermore, he has neglected to answer the questions posed to him for clarification of his statement. Now unless you're speaking on his behalf I see no purpose for your post other than to perpetuate the argument that the freak started.

I will put aside your initial statement as I don't care to quibble with you aboutsomething that is as plain as day so I will restate my point:

It would seem then that the best course of action for those who wish to avoid, "...being stigmatized by him..." would be to avoid his threads altogether.

I make no claim of speaking on behalf of lil-freak. In fact, I speak on behalf of someone who has grown weary of the seemingly constantstream of mindless bickering that continues to take place in threads such as these; that is, myself. If you want to cough up a hairball, do it somewhere else.

yes mein fuhrer?

Dansjeep2000

imported post

Do we need all this crap in every thread? The 1st Durand event went very well. What scares me is we had a candidate for StateSenator come out and talk to everyone and take pictures. They were gonna post them up on this site. I guess after seeing the bickering that goes on here, they came and left. Great way to make us look.

David in MI

imported post

Dansjeep2000 wrote:
Do we need all this crap in every thread? The 1st Durand event went very well. What scares me is we had a candidatefor State Rep. come out and talk to everyone and take pictures. They were gonna post them up on this site. I guess after seeing the bickering that goes on here, they came and left. Great way to make us look.
Dansjeep2000-I am in 100% agreement with you.

G

imported post

Dansjeep2000 wrote:
Do we need all this crap in every thread? The 1st Durand event went very well. What scares me is we had a candidate for StateSenator come out and talk to everyone and take pictures. They were gonna post them up on this site. I guess after seeing the bickering that goes on here, they came and left. Great way to make us look.
Who was the candidate?

lil_freak_66

imported post

isnt the membership meeting the same weekend also?

its hard to make only one event a weekend these days,were too big!

Dansjeep2000

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Dansjeep2000 wrote:
Who was the candidate?
It wasState Rep. Joe Hune, R-Hamburg, He isrunning for the 22nd District state Senate seat

mikestilly

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
this is the same date as the Warren picnic. Not real slick with the dates there.
This date was chosen to coincide with a community event. Also there are enough folks over that way to have enough for a good turnout at both events.

Actually it ensures that nobody from that side of town would be able to join this event or vis versa without missing that one. We dont have that many events going on that you can stagger their dates. It just doesnt make sense. I see it as a no consideration for others whom are trying to have a good turn out at their event.

Do you guys realized I worked hard on planning a date that didnt conflict with any of the existing events? This is just plan rude an inconsiderate.

As for the member meeting I've brought it up to Cabman. Not sure why MOC can't look at their own calendar on the website and determine something was already going on that day.

FYI: we're not that big ;) if you want examples of what big are I can show you if you'd like :)

mikestilly

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
I'm confused Mike: Is the scheduling conflict with RR days or the membership meeting?

Yes, Both. Check the Warren OC Picnic date also stickied above. I also heard yesterday they selected that day also for the member meeting. It doesnt look like it was announced (member meeting) yet so hopefully I put a stop to it.

WARCHILD

imported post

The RR days was only suggested as a gathering to go along with the festival. As with any event, attendance is voluntary. I have had to choose which event I could go to when schedules conflicted. Even in this case, I would have to choose RR days; not that I don't like Warren, the distance is too far for me physically. Yes, I went to Cabella's and paid a price for it; 3 days and 10 Vicodins later...made it better.
We didn't schedule RR days, only offered that weekend for an event.

As for the membership meeting, I can't say, I wasn't involved and can't answer for them.

JMO

autosurgeon

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
this is the same date as the Warren picnic. Not real slick with the dates there.
This date was chosen to coincide with a community event. Also there are enough folks over that way to have enough for a good turnout at both events.

Actually it ensures that nobody from that side of town would be able to join this event or vis versa without missing that one. We dont have that many events going on that you can stagger their dates. It just doesnt make sense. I see it as a no consideration for others whom are trying to have a good turn out at their event.

Do you guys realized I worked hard on planning a date that didnt conflict with any of the existing events? This is just plan rude an inconsiderate.

As for the member meeting I've brought it up to Cabman. Not sure why MOC can't look at their own calendar on the website and determine something was already going on that day.

FYI: we're not that big ;) if you want examples of what big are I can show you if you'd like :)
Mike the idea was to have the membership meeting in the afternoon in the general area of the 2 events so that MOC members from both events would already be close and would only have to go a short distance.

And we were trying to man a booth at railroad days not do a full fledged picnic... however they are not responding to us about renting booth space.

I imagine there will be many times in the future when events will overlap so get used to it now because it will only get worse the larger we get...

I personally would rather have several events on a day than no events... so we don't want to discourage people from having events big or small.

Finally I find it sad that you are so quick to get angry over something that was in no way intended to diminish your event.

G

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:
I'm confused Mike: Is the scheduling conflict with RR days or the membership meeting?

Yes, Both. Check the Warren OC Picnic date also stickied above. I also heard yesterday they selected that day also for the member meeting. It doesnt look like it was announced (member meeting) yet so hopefully I put a stop to it.
My isn't someone a bit full of himself?

Mikesilly should contact the organizers of the Durand RR Days event and get it rescheduled so as to not conflict with his Warren bicycle ride.

After all, he put so much planning into his event.

mikestilly

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:

My isn't someone a bit full of himself?

Mikesilly should contact the organizers of the Durand RR Days event and get it rescheduled so as to not conflict with his Warren bicycle ride.

After all, he put so much planning into his event.

Hey Pat. Back to trolling again I see. Back from vacation and now your back to troll OCDO for another round. I'm wondering why they lifted your ban from here. It was properly placed in my opinion.

mikestilly

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
mikestilly wrote:

Mike the idea was to have the membership meeting in the afternoon in the general area of the 2 events so that MOC members from both events would already be close and would only have to go a short distance.

And we were trying to man a booth at railroad days not do a full fledged picnic... however they are not responding to us about renting booth space.

I imagine there will be many times in the future when events will overlap so get used to it now because it will only get worse the larger we get...

I personally would rather have several events on a day than no events... so we don't want to discourage people from having events big or small.

Finally I find it sad that you are so quick to get angry over something that was in no way intended to diminish your event.

You're free to post your opinion but I totally disagree with it. It doesnt make any sense to overlap someones event especially with a membership meeting. That's just plain wrong. What make's you think people whom went on a bike ride and was at a picnic would then want to sit through a membership meeting all in the same day. People will most likely choose to do one or the other.