• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Durand Railroad Days event.

lil_freak_66

imported post

i agree on the membership meeting.

but this event thread is for people that cant make warren,id never attempt to try and take people away from your event mike.

i also very strongly agree with you on that pat should still be banned,but that discussion is for another time and another place.

but back on topic,ill be at the event,anyone attending can ask for my number if they want to try and meet up to have everyone be a group the day of the event.

G

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:
I'm confused Mike: Is the scheduling conflict with RR days or the membership meeting?

Yes, Both. Check the Warren OC Picnic date also stickied above. I also heard yesterday they selected that day also for the member meeting. It doesnt look like it was announced (member meeting) yet so hopefully I put a stop to it.
My isn't someone a bit full of himself?

Mikesilly should contact the organizers of the Durand RR Days event and get it rescheduled so as to not conflict with his Warren bicycle ride.

After all, he put so much planning into his event.

Hey Pat. Back to trolling again I see. Back from vacation and now your back to troll OCDO for another round. I'm wondering why they lifted your ban from here. It was properly placed in my opinion.
You really are full of yourself.

G

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:
I'm confused Mike: Is the scheduling conflict with RR days or the membership meeting?

Yes, Both. Check the Warren OC Picnic date also stickied above. I also heard yesterday they selected that day also for the member meeting. It doesnt look like it was announced (member meeting) yet so hopefully I put a stop to it.

Mikesilly should contact the organizers of the Durand RR Days event and get it rescheduled so as to not conflict with his Warren bicycle ride.

Hey Pat. Back to trolling again I see. Back from vacation and now your back to troll OCDO for another round. I'm wondering why they lifted your ban from here. It was properly placed in my opinion.
Well it looks like you got the membership meeting date changed.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:

Sounds to me like the pot calling the kettle black. :p

G

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:

Sounds to me like the pot calling the kettle black.
Well you see I did acknowledge that he did have the power to get MOC to postpone their annual membership meeting to another date because of Mike's bicycle ride.

So what's the point of your post there BGA?

You didn't put one of the little smileys after it so I guess it was not a humorous post.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
David in MI wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Bikenut wrote:
David in MI wrote:
I would like to publicly applaud lil-freak for his very mature response to criticism in this thread. Nice job, lil-freak!
Yooperlady and I met lil-freak in Owosso last year and were impressed by the amount of maturity he has. Yes, he is young and filled with the sometimes impetuous enthusiasm of youth (I sorta remember a long time ago when I too was young) yet he perseveres in the face of being thought of as just a "youngun'" by society at large.... and by some of his own brethren who, in my opinion, would better serve the greater cause by taking the upcoming youths under their wing and guiding them... instead of berating them.

Keep on keepin' on lil_freak.

And to those few who have stepped up and are mentoring the upcoming generation...... Damn good job!

Back to original topic..............

If all goes well... it don't rain and the creek don't rise... Yooperlady and I will attend Railroad Days.:)
A great many of the upcoming youths have been taken under the wing and guided. This one is not receptive to guidance though. And is actually resistant to it.

The silent majority do however recognize this and wish not to be stigmatized by him. There is no berating of them. In all actuallity, almost every other young person has expressed a disdain for the manner in which he garners attention.

Go ahead and put your arm around him and see where it gets you. Many of us here have already tried repeatedly.
It would seem then that the best course of action for those who wish to avoid, "...being stigmatized by him..." would avoid his threads altogether, instead of instigating arguments in his thread(s), would it not?
There was no instigating of an argument.
A statement of fact was made regarding the desire of some organizations to deal on a professional basis with adults instead of children.

The response from the freak was the one that was played as a victim.

Furthermore, he has neglected to answer the questions posed to him for clarification of his statement. Now unless you're speaking on his behalf I see no purpose for your post other than to perpetuate the argument that the freak started.
The argument did not start in this thread. By bringing it here, I believe you are the chief instigator. :p

G

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
David in MI wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Bikenut wrote:
David in MI wrote:
I would like to publicly applaud lil-freak for his very mature response to criticism in this thread. Nice job, lil-freak!
Yooperlady and I met lil-freak in Owosso last year and were impressed by the amount of maturity he has. Yes, he is young and filled with the sometimes impetuous enthusiasm of youth (I sorta remember a long time ago when I too was young) yet he perseveres in the face of being thought of as just a "youngun'" by society at large.... and by some of his own brethren who, in my opinion, would better serve the greater cause by taking the upcoming youths under their wing and guiding them... instead of berating them.

Keep on keepin' on lil_freak.

And to those few who have stepped up and are mentoring the upcoming generation...... Damn good job!

Back to original topic..............

If all goes well... it don't rain and the creek don't rise... Yooperlady and I will attend Railroad Days.:)
A great many of the upcoming youths have been taken under the wing and guided. This one is not receptive to guidance though. And is actually resistant to it.

The silent majority do however recognize this and wish not to be stigmatized by him. There is no berating of them. In all actuallity, almost every other young person has expressed a disdain for the manner in which he garners attention.

Go ahead and put your arm around him and see where it gets you. Many of us here have already tried repeatedly.
It would seem then that the best course of action for those who wish to avoid, "...being stigmatized by him..." would avoid his threads altogether, instead of instigating arguments in his thread(s), would it not?
There was no instigating of an argument.
A statement of fact was made regarding the desire of some organizations to deal on a professional basis with adults instead of children.

The response from the freak was the one that was played as a victim.

Furthermore, he has neglected to answer the questions posed to him for clarification of his statement. Now unless you're speaking on his behalf I see no purpose for your post other than to perpetuate the argument that the freak started.
The argument did not start in this thread. By bringing it here, I believe you are the chief instigator. :p
And in what post did I bring it here Big Gay Al?

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:
yeah too bad the person handling vendor registration forrailroad daysnever emailed back...MOC coulda got a table setup to pass stuff out
Maybe they prefer to conduct their business with adults instead of children.

Some organizations are funny about that sort of thing. Go figure.
This one.

G

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:
yeah too bad the person handling vendor registration forrailroad daysnever emailed back...MOC coulda got a table setup to pass stuff out
Maybe they prefer to conduct their business with adults instead of children.

Some organizations are funny about that sort of thing. Go figure.
This one.
And what's not factual about that?

It does quite possibly explain why he can't get a response from the organizers.

Yet it seems that a responsible adult got a reply.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
Going to do things a little differently with this event.

This will be an excellent thing to take the family to,most things at a fair will be here.

Info on the Railroad Days event can be found at this link,the information for the OC'ers will be below that.

http://www.durandrailroaddays.com/

May 15th.

I will be at the event all day,11am till 10 pm.

no specific time to meet up at officially,or even an official place,at this timeit would be too difficult to organize a specific time and place for this event,especially if we are bringing our families(we know how they are with schedules)

just walk around OC'ing and you will meet up with others,and it might be more beneficial to the cause to be in lots of small groups scattered around the area than one big group.

once we get a group of confirmed or possible attendee's we can try and figure out a place and time to meet at the actual event.

There MAY be an MOC table set up at the event,in which case we would need volunteers...anybody interested in being a volunteer if MOC does get a table?

(thankyouMike forclosing and making sticky)
So, is this still on, or what?

G

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:
Going to do things a little differently with this event.

This will be an excellent thing to take the family to,most things at a fair will be here.

Info on the Railroad Days event can be found at this link,the information for the OC'ers will be below that.

http://www.durandrailroaddays.com/

May 15th.

I will be at the event all day,11am till 10 pm.

no specific time to meet up at officially,or even an official place,at this timeit would be too difficult to organize a specific time and place for this event,especially if we are bringing our families(we know how they are with schedules)

just walk around OC'ing and you will meet up with others,and it might be more beneficial to the cause to be in lots of small groups scattered around the area than one big group.

once we get a group of confirmed or possible attendee's we can try and figure out a place and time to meet at the actual event.

There MAY be an MOC table set up at the event,in which case we would need volunteers...anybody interested in being a volunteer if MOC does get a table?

(thankyouMike forclosing and making sticky)
So, is this still on, or what?
Yes the Durand Railroad Days is still on.

However, according to Suzette D., the vendor coordinator, she has received inquires from Tyler H., which have not been replied to.

She would not elaborate further.

She did however confirm that a firearms organization had also inquired, but that a final decision had not yet been made about space for them.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Yes the Durand Meet and Warren OC Bike/Picnic event are both good to go for May 15th.

Edit: Slow on the draw. :X
Warren is too far for me. I live in Mason now, and I work 3rd shift, Friday and Saturday night, so, I could go for a while, but driving to Warren is way too far for me, under my current circumstances. Durand is easier to get to.

lil_freak_66

imported post

Mason eh? i go through there practically every day,since aliesha lives in leslie,and m on the border of Lansing/Holt.

you up fordoing something small in the area this weekend? i can get ahold of brian too,go over to Total firearms and then out to lunch perhaps?

but yes the durand event is still on.

and pat,i did get a reply from her,just decided not to share it publically,leaving it up to the board to handle it now,all i did was inquire the pricing and availability.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
Mason eh? i go through there practically every day,since aliesha lives in leslie,and m on the border of Lansing/Holt.

you up fordoing something small in the area this weekend? i can get ahold of brian too,go over to Total firearms and then out to lunch perhaps?

and pat,i did get a reply from her,just decided not to share it publically,leaving it up to the board to handle it now,all i did was inquire the pricing and availability.
Not this weekend, we're finishing up moving. or the heavy stuff anyway. Next weekend should be better.

G

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:

She did have a bit more to say about it than that.