• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

military type holsters

Kriegsammler

imported post

Hey folks,

Just curious if anyone knows the legality of OCing with this type of holster on my belt? see below. When closed the only part of the pistol you can see is the bottom of the butt where the magazine goes in.. The holster is 100% in open view.. the gun is 97% covered by the holster.. but the holster is.. well.. it's obvious what it's shaped to hold. see below. This isn't my rig but it looks just like it.

482_1.JPG

Thoughts?

-Adam

revolverrandy

imported post

I am looking at military holsters like they sell at numrich for my hi power.They have a flap which comes over the top to the pistol .you know there is a pistol in there,but cannot see the actual pistol.would that be a problem as far as open carry goes?

UtahJarhead

imported post

That depends on the state if it's concealed. In Utah it would not be concealed. It's defined as you having make an obvious attempt at concealing the possession of a firearm. If it's very obvious that you've got a handgun inside of a holster with a top flap, it is still open carried in my state. Just saying that you can't make blanket statements when it comes to the laws in question.

Kriegsammler

imported post

How about.. this Walther P-38..

19531_104675256216988_100000235421200_116459_5144609_n.jpg

in this holster?

19531_104675242883656_100000235421200_116455_5688891_n.jpg

I'm in Ky.. haven't found any yes or no info yet.. I currently carry it in a Nylon holster on the belt that has the full grip exposed..

-Adam

Kriegsammler

imported post

I REALLY already did.. and didn't find an answer in the Ky Forum.. and the statutes I've found are vague on the subject..

Sorry for the double post of the photo.. (it was late.. not sure what I was doing on that one..)

-Adam

UtahJarhead

imported post

Give us the statutes in this thread, we'll try and help you out. Post the statutes in full that relate to defining concealed carry.