• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Printout of Alabama Gun Laws and Court Rulings

AL Ranger

imported post

Anyone interested in getting a copy of this pamphlet should go to the link provided and print out the summary. Make as many copies as you possibly can and pass them out to friends, family, shooters and all local gun stores.

Http://alabamagunrights.org Under the paragragh General Information (first paragragh) you will see the link for "Tri-fold Summary(pdf)". Click on that link and print the pages. There are two pages which when printed front and back on a sheet of paper create a tri-fold handout you can use to promote legal OC in Alabama.

The printout includes the right to bear arms for defense of selfand state from the Alabama Constitution, as well as the vague statutes, court cases and rulings showing OC is legal, as well as Attorney General rulings to the fact that OC is legal in Alabama.

Let's get the news out, especially to those in law enforcement that we have the right to go armed, OC and CCW, and we will do it

Jonathon Sometimes

imported post

LOL - he means "sticky" where the thread stays at the top of the Alabama Forum page.

Classic Mix-Up!

AL Ranger, thanks for the concern, but justtap the brakes a bit.Many on here havebeen passing these trifolds out for months, if not years, and manyothers havesent them to a lot of LE agencies and such. I know of at least two who carry them on their person vigilantly while OC'ing.

However, we have to be carefulabout just going out and slinging flyers because, according to the Birmingham Police Dept. at least, that makes you a one man demonstration, and firearms aren't allowed at public demonstrations.

Believe me when I say we're all over this subject like white on rice. :)

AL Ranger

imported post

Thanks for the info. From what I have seen there hasn't been too many people fired up on this subject. It's great to be among like-minded people as yourself, as this will take a little getting used to.

I don't plan on slinging flyers left and right but I do plan on having one with me when I carry. I'll let the LEO worry about whether or not to read it.

Since we are debating all the ifs, ands or buts of gun carry and the AL laws, what do you think needs to be done in Montgomery to get a hold on this thing? How do we go about finding more gun rights advocates, getting them involved and working to create a strong pro-gun group for Alabama?

eye95

imported post

Jonathon Norris wrote:
LOL - he means "sticky" where the thread stays at the top of the Alabama Forum page.

Classic Mix-Up!

AL Ranger, thanks for the concern, but justtap the brakes a bit.Many on here havebeen passing these trifolds out for months, if not years, and manyothers havesent them to a lot of LE agencies and such. I know of at least two who carry them on their person vigilantly while OC'ing.

However, we have to be carefulabout just going out and slinging flyers because, according to the Birmingham Police Dept. at least, that makes you a one man demonstration, and firearms aren't allowed at public demonstrations.

Thanks. I wanted to say something, but you know me. I'd've come off as someone hitting another poster over the head with a hammer. I don't do subtlety well.

Tact seems to be one of your strong suits.

Jonathon Sometimes

imported post

I think the best bet is to talk to Dianosis about his new site/group Alabama Open Carry, and the best group to advocate all gun rights in our great state would be to start up "Alabama Carry". That would include hunting stuff, concealed carry stuff,etc...

I just haven'tbeen working on making Alabama Carry a realitybecause I want to focus mainly on open carry right now. Georgia Carry andothers have been doing great things for their states.

Jonathon Sometimes

imported post

eye95 wrote:
Jonathon Norris wrote:

Classic Mix-Up!

Thanks. I wanted to say something, but you know me. I'd've come off as someone hitting another poster over the head with a hammer. I don't do subtlety well.

Tact seems to be one of your strong suits.
That and burning. My shoulders are on fire right now.

AL Ranger

imported post

I'm sure there are several gun groups trying to get off the ground, gain members and get some serious work done for all AL gun owners. But, that seems to be scattering instead of a concentrated effort. I heard of the Alabama in Owners Association but they supposedly had a website that is no longer operating. Are there any others that you know of?

eye95

imported post

AL Ranger wrote:
I'm sure there are several gun groups trying to get off the ground, gain members and get some serious work done for all AL gun owners. But, that seems to be scattering instead of a concentrated effort. I heard of the Alabama in Owners Association but they supposedly had a website that is no longer operating. Are there any others that you know of?
That's the nature of the beast of folks who advocate for individual rights. Being individualists, we naturally gravitate away from central control. Any rights group that succeeds in organizing centrally automatically earns my skepticism.

There are scads of tea parties all over the place. Any one group claiming to be The Tea Party can't seriously believe in individualism. That sounds like a weakness of the promotion of individual rights, but, if we are willing to work with each other, accepting minor differences, while pushing for the same over-arching goals, we can promote individual rights successfully.

Anyway, the bottom line is that we should let all these groups form. We should join several. And, we should talk and work together.

AL Ranger

imported post

You're definitely right when you talk about "individuals" trying to form "groups". I guess that's a oxymoron, huh? A group of individuals?

I guess maybe that is one of the many problems we have. We will splinter before we learn to work together. That's a shame, too! There is so much good we can do but when the smallestlittle disagreementhappens, we split!

Maybe you are right and we should just form small, easier to control groups.