• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

'A Surge of Hate' Newsweek.com issue 19 April 2010

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Overtaxed wrote:
Alexcabbie wrote:
We pick up our trash and leave our sites cleaner than we found them. The lefties trash everything in sight and leave the citienry with the cleanup bill.

I was at the National 2A March today. My intention was to offer to help the volunteers clean up afterward once the crowds dispersed, but there was nothing to clean up! During the event, everyone pretty much policed up their own trash... if there was any stray garbage to be seen it was just the odd windblown napkin or paper cup that got away before its former owner could chase it down.
There is a real reason for this. It has to do with the respect and reverence for property versus those who disdain property as a symbol of capitalism and individual liberty. Those who disdain property and all it represents consciously or unconsciously violate and even destroy property to spit in the face of those who revere property.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I read the other day that LEO in many places are reducing the security requirements on Tea Party participants due to the non-existence of violence, removing such bans as no sticks on signs and no flag poles. However, their lefty counter protesters are still subject to such bans.... Hhhmmm, you know I didn't read that on the front page of the NYT or hear it on MSNBC.