• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in st.charles experience

stvebnny4

imported post

As i was getting ready for fishing on the missouri river this morning i was oc.

Went down to a shop called Beer bait and Ammo on the north end of 3rd street to get some snacks and bait. the guy behind the counter noticed my firear as soon as i walked in.....and just gave a slight grin and nod. when i was checking out he asked what i was carrying, then a 15 minute convo started. he said he normally carries while in his store but was not today(probably had it under the counter).

good experience. nice guy. most other customers didnt notice til i was talking with him. i did get some wierd looks from others but they never said a word.

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

I did a full OC weekend around town.2 trips to walmart,3 Starbucks ( St Charles, Ofallon and Hazelwood), Wendy's in St peters, Lowes in Ofallon, Bass Pro and Cabella's. Probably 16hrs of OC exposure in all.

Doc

DSCF2207.jpg

cash50

imported post

Are you guys by yourselves when OC'ing? Any recorder on you?

sohighlyunlikely, what kind of holster is that??

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

Goalsetter,

A few of my friends are starting to come around to the idea of OC. They are all CCW. At this time it is only me OC. The local municipalities in my area make subversive threats and justify over reacting because of the rarity of OC. Even though it is plainly written as completely legal in the jurisdictions that I OC in.

Doc

stvebnny4

imported post

most of the time, i am the only one carrying, but rarely by myself. on rare occasion my bro in law will carry open with me.

always have my cell phone that takes video and voice.

havent had a run in with the law yet. but i know many officers in the area i carry and i am going into the academy in the fall.

DarenGlock23

imported post

I live in warrenton and travel to st peters and st Charles to do my shopping and to go to dinner. I OC every single time. Haven't had too many problems. None with leo's but mostly with locals. And after a brief overview of why I OC they thank me or completly understand. Some had no idea you could legally OC and are interested in joining us.

Carry safely and carry often.

cigarsmoker918

imported post

what about oc in springfield ozark oldfield or ava MO? would you think there would be any problems also i am not a resident from MO but i frequent those area a lot due to having family there. i would like to know if myself or my wife can open carry being we are Oklahoma residents and have licenses?

nrepuyan

imported post

OC is legal in springfield, mo

for some reason i want to say i thought i read something that ozark recently changed it to where OC wasn't legal anymore...but ya for sure it's legal in Springfield.