• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Campout & Shoot

Memorial Weekend OC Campout & Shoot

• Will Attend

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will Not Attend

• Maybe Attending

• Interested (but no decision at this time)

• Not Interested At All

• Total voters

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

G22Paddy wrote:
Memorial day is the last Monday of May. Is this happening May 1st still?
Memorial Day weekend is the last weekend in May (28/29/30/31). You guys can figure out what days you want to attend. I plan on being there that thurs to secure the site.

redski30

imported post

I've never been to the place you are talking about. I would like to go. Could you tell me where it is. You can pm me if you want.

69Charger

imported post

Is this going to be at a place I can open up my AK?. I need to let her rip to check for function. Ranges around here only allow you to spit out rounds at about 1 per second. I want to spit out about 6 per second. :D

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

69Charger wrote:
Is this going to be at a place I can open up my AK?. I need to let her rip to check for function. Ranges around here only allow you to spit out rounds at about 1 per second. I want to spit out about 6 per second. :D
High Cap mags only allowed here....:celebrate. I'll let my 14yo show you how to bump fire that thing....

The video you are about to see is at the edge of the range.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=103211856355535

Matt85

imported post

any decision on people wanting me to bring some firepower? i dont really have any rifle ammo at the moment but if ya guys want to supply yer own ammo i will bring my guns for your enjoyment.

you will need plenty of 7.62x39, expecially if you want me to bring the RPK and the RPD (gotta love belt-fed guns). make sure to let me know if you wanna use these or i aint bringing em along. (heavy and large)

heres a video of last years MG shoot, my RPK is being fired at 1:54 by the guy on the ground in the middle. (its a semi-auto that has been customized for ease of accurate bumping) http://www.youtube.com/v/NDpkIiuIcxc

-matt

69Charger

imported post

Great to here. Keep us informed on this. :) AK power baby. :cool:

Now if I can find the right IWB holster, I would have it made. :what:

AlexDW010.jpg

.45ACPaddy

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Memorial Weekend for those without plans...

I have a great place for camping and shooting. Its not a huge area but will accommodate about 15 people and tents. Come May 1st the area is accessible and I'll take a run up there to look over the road conditions and access.
Do you mean the area opens the weekend of the 1st and we're going Friday May 28th?

Just wanna clarify, I read it as we're going the 1st, but Memorial Weekend isn't until the weekend before May 31st.

amzbrady

imported post

Still need a big open lot where we could set up a circle of tents, trailers, motorhomes, big fire in the middle, creek near by, ride quads, go shoot all with in walking distance and stay for a couple days. Would love to join this camp with ya's, but I dont tent camp it anymore.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Still need a big open lot where we could set up a circle of tents, trailers, motorhomes, big fire in the middle, creek near by, ride quads, go shoot all with in walking distance and stay for a couple days. Would love to join this camp with ya's, but I dont tent camp it anymore.

There are some places where you could bring the campers and just down the road is a shooting pit. We'll have to plan that place for the second event.

amzbrady

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
amzbrady wrote:

There are some places where you could bring the campers and just down the road is a shooting pit. We'll have to plan that place for the second event.
I'm up for that.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I attempted to go up to the site today. The road is open and in good shape but at the 3.5 mile mark the snow is a little more than I was prepared for. Had I had my chains with me it would have been no issue but with the road sloping to the cliff side, the heavy rain and fog, I decided after 100 feet or so I had had enough.
Jarhead and I are going back up tomorrow with the 4 wheelers (and chains) and will then be able to give a full report.

I do not recommend pickups with bed campers (height is the biggest issue) or trailers. Canopies are fine but campers and trailers will have trouble getting in here. If the road is blocked for some reason, you only have one lane and very few to NO turnaround spots. Trailers are NOT recommended.

Caution #1: you will need a vehicle with some clearance as there are 3 creek crossings. Two are concrete lined but they had not been cleaned of the winter rock debris. The rest of the road surface is gravel and should pose no issues. Pickup and SUV's will have no issue. Import cars, low riders WILL have issues with these three spots.

Caution #2: After you make the turn off, the brush along the edges gets very thick in places and WILL rub your vehicle EXPECT SCRATCHES.

Things to decide on:
Is this a potluck or bring your own?

We will need firewood. There are lots of dead falls in the area but we will then need a chainsaw.

ALL PAPER CAN BE BURNED.
ALL GLASS, METAL, PLASTICS WILL BE PACKED OUT !!

Metalhead47

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
I attempted to go up to the site today. The road is open and in good shape but at the 3.5 mile mark the snow is a little more than I was prepared for. Had I had my chains with me it would have been no issue but with the road sloping to the cliff side, the heavy rain and fog, I decided after 100 feet or so I had had enough.
Jarhead and I are going back up tomorrow with the 4 wheelers (and chains) and will then be able to give a full report.

I do not recommend pickups with bed campers (height is the biggest issue) or trailers. Canopies are fine but campers and trailers will have trouble getting in here. If the road is blocked for some reason, you only have one lane and very few to NO turnaround spots. Trailers are NOT recommended.

Caution #1: you will need a vehicle with some clearance as there are 3 creek crossings. Two are concrete lined but they had not been cleaned of the winter rock debris. The rest of the road surface is gravel and should pose no issues. Pickup and SUV's will have no issue. Import cars, low riders WILL have issues with these three spots.

Caution #2: After you make the turn off, the brush along the edges gets very thick in places and WILL rub your vehicle EXPECT SCRATCHES.

Things to decide on:
Is this a potluck or bring your own?

We will need firewood. There are lots of dead falls in the area but we will then need a chainsaw.

ALL PAPER CAN BE BURNED.
ALL GLASS, METAL, PLASTICS WILL BE PACKED OUT !!
I've got a crummy lil chainsaw I can bring:D

Since attendance looks kinda iffy maybe best to do a bring-your-own & share what ya want. Any cool jeep trails to go exploring in the area?

phoneguy

imported post

If interested, I have an alternative camping area in the blewit pass area. Place for water (stream) berm for shooting plenty of room and even low clearance car can get there.