• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Campout & Shoot

Memorial Weekend OC Campout & Shoot

• Will Attend

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will Not Attend

• Maybe Attending

• Interested (but no decision at this time)

• Not Interested At All

• Total voters

SpyderTattoo

imported post

Sweet. Remember to bring ammo for your guns. There is a great gravel pit just up the road that gets alot of action. I just went today and got a small amount of ammo to shoot.

tombrewster421

imported post

Looks like I can't make it after all. Major bummed out now but my truck is insisting on breaking down.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Sorry, but will not make it. The U joint repair included therear yoke on the drive shaft. Can't get another until Tuesday.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

deanf wrote:
I do feel bad that it's raining on you guys.
Went shooting at the Rustic Range in Slaton Texas on Saturday. No rain, temp in the 90's.

Just rubbing it in while you guys are camping in the rain. Hope you're having fun.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Was wet but oh so fun. I spent 5 nights out there and had a blast. I got to know a few folks from the other camps in the area and made some new friends. On sunday I found fresh bear scat out near the road on one of the trails.

Last night we were pretty sure something/someone was in the camp. I couldn't find any prints but there was quite abit of movement.

The only issue I have is the Park Ranger gave me a $125. ticket for parking at the campsite (36 CFR 261). I looked up the code and can find no reason for the ticket, since he gave everyone else a warning about parking down there, unless it was when he asked for my ID and I questioned him as to why he needed it.....

Matt85

imported post

it was fun, thanks for letten me join ya guys.

the park ranger was a real buzz kill on sunday. i was really hopen to get in more shooting but after he showed up and started handing out tickets, no one was really up for it.

i think we should go out to warehouser next time, there are plenty of sturdy backdrops and all the rangers ive met out there dont seem to care what you are doing as long as its not drugs or murder. there would also be less off-roading which means trailers and small RVs could get out there. there is also some places good for fishing out there.

let me know when you guys wanna go camping again and ill scout out a good spot for us.

-Matt

amzbrady

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Was wet but oh so fun. I spent 5 nights out there and had a blast. I got to know a few folks from the other camps in the area and made some new friends. On sunday I found fresh bear scat out near the road on one of the trails.

Last night we were pretty sure something/someone was in the camp. I couldn't find any prints but there was quite abit of movement.

The only issue I have is the Park Ranger gave me a $125. ticket for parking at the campsite (36 CFR 261). I looked up the code and can find no reason for the ticket, since he gave everyone else a warning about parking down there, unless it was when he asked for my ID and I questioned him as to why he needed it.....
The tazmanian devil.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:

That law is so ambiguous as to allow them to claim that anything you do that just pisses them off is a violation of the law.

http://nepa.energy.gov/nepa_documen...e3/Regulations/36_CFR_261_FS_prohibitions.pdf

National Forest Nazis wrote:
These Forest Officers may permit in the authorizing document or approved plan an act or omission that would otherwise be a violation of a subpart A or subpart C regulation or a subpart B order. In authorizing such uses, the Forest Officer may place such conditions on the authorization as that officer considers necessary for the protection or administration of the National Forest System, or for the promotion of public health, safety, or welfare.
Basically, if the Ranger is an eco-Nazi.... it does not matter what you were doing... he wants people dead and gone and his precious wilderness preserved and saved from the evil humans... and he'll punish anyone he deems is a threat or enemy of nature... I think I met that guy before... we started up some old fire roads in Snoqualmie National Forest and got cut off by some anal ranger in an SUV... he said we were not allowed and that our Annual National Forest Pass was not for this area http://www.discovernw.org/store_ann...ests-in-washington-and-oregon-only_09942.html except that the pass is SPECIFICALLY for areas that are unattended. The guy was a complete ass... so we had to find another route to the same area... and we went anyway.

If you don't have the pass... get it... and if you do... then find out your rights and when assaulted by the Forest Nazi... just come back at him with the law that is on your side... unfortunately at the time, I did not have the rules that said I could be there... and he all but ignored my pass.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

If you don't have the pass... get it... and if you do... then find out your rights and when assaulted by the Forest Nazi... just come back at him with the law that is on your side... unfortunately at the time, I did not have the rules that said I could be there... and he all but ignored my pass.
I had the pass but was not up on the rules. Seems he bullied the other camper into providing some ID and his reason was "I said so." That didn't fly with me, so I guess that's the reason for the ticket. I am contesting the ticket along with pics of the entrance road, trail I used and camp site.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
I had the pass but was not up on the rules. Seems he bullied the other camper into providing some ID and his reason was "I said so." That didn't fly with me, so I guess that's the reason for the ticket. I am contesting the ticket along with pics of the entrance road, trail I used and camp site.

Well I would have refused I.D. too. Me thinks you ought to take this one to court let a judge hear about it. Ididn't read anywhere that your 4thA suddenly disappears in the forest.

1245A Defender

imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
For anyone going to Nachese tonight who has a CB, I'll be transmitting on Ch 8

Listen around 19:00
funny about the CB thing is that i remembered this line, but wasnt sure what day.
soo when i couldnt find the group on saturday the 29th at about 1900 i called out on ch 8 from the group camped 50 yds from the shooting hill!
that is about 50 yds from your truck, and another 100 yds from your camp!

SpyderTattoo

imported post

That is funny. Unfortunately, I wasn't monitoring the CB at that time. Maybe I should get a handheld CB that I can leave on and sitting there in case of another situation like that...