• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Fly-In BBQ, Vancouver, Wa Pearson Airport Summer 2010

Contract_Pilot

imported post

I am in the works with a local pilot shop that is just now starting up for an open carry Fly In BBQ event at the Pearson Airport in Vancouver Wa this summer. I have already got 5 pilots that carry "Yes, We Fly Armed" that are willing to take people that OC up for quick airplane rides.

I will keep you all informed on the date.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Contract_Pilot wrote:
I am in the works with a local pilot shop that is just now starting up for an open carry Fly In BBQ event at the Pearson Airport in Vancouver Wa this summer. I have already got 5 pilots that carry "Yes, We Fly Armed" that are willing to take people that OC up for quick airplane rides.

I will keep you all informed on the date.
That would be AWESOME! Somebody flies down from NW Washington, I would LOVE to go with them! I'll help out with gas.
Same here!

ColoradoFlyer

imported post

Used to manage the Flight School at Troutdale, flew cargo charters for an operator at BFI, now living in Colorado and would like to venture out that way in my T-210. Pearson was always a fun place and would be happy to give a ride or two. Let us know the date...

DEROS72

imported post

Was a private pilot untill all these heart surgeries...Oddly the FAA won't give me a medical these days.I could still fly right seat.All my time was in Piper Warriors CEssna 172's .Also an experienced skydiver(don't need a medical for that)I would love to get some air time again.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I was never a pilot, but I've had many a Hundred Dollar Hamburger in my day. My father loved to fly, so much he bought a Mooney Ranger which he owned for several years before finally selling it.

I don't know if I'll be able to make your dinner, but it sure sounds like fun!

Stretch

imported post

Man this sounds like a great time! I grew up washing planes and catching rides out at Evergreen. Sadly that field is gone to "growth", but I still enjoy stopping at Pearson when I'm in town.

Best of luck!