• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Polite Detroit Police Conversation at my Door

Savage.Detroit

imported post

My son and his friend witnessed a lady being pulled into a van by force an hour or so ago so we call 911. I suspect a hooker and her pimp. There is a pedestrian bridge at the end of our block that crosses over I-94 to Michigan Ave so we get a lot of foot traffic of those types.

Surprisingly, DPD showed up at the house about 20 minutes later. I came to the door with my pistol in my drop leg holster. They saw it but ignored it for the moment. They asked me about the incident so I called for my son. He is 11. After a few questions about the incident, one of the officers asked me what I was carrying and I told him. He said, oh that's cool, you have a CPL or something. I told him I just did had the PPTP so I OC as my CPL is still pending. He said: that's cool, a firearm is a good thing to have around to protect your family. Then my quick witted son said, "a armed society is a polite society" and they smiled and agreed.

Michigander

imported post

Good story, thank you for sharing.

I would expect a DPD officer to expect defensive guns in the house of any place they go to. You'd be crazy not to have HD guns in most parts of Detroit, and everyone knows that. :uhoh: