• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Going Armed To The Terror Of The Public (MUST READ)

B

bgreene89

imported post

hotrod8812 wrote:
SMW wrote:
bgreene89 wrote:
SMW wrote:
I'm pretty sure you just need the PPP and your good to go (from a private seller), no parent permission or anything else. I haven't bought a pistol yet because I carry my stepdad's but I have looked into this and can find nothing other than a PPP being necessary.
Again your 1000000000000% right!

However what some of you miss is that I can purchase a gun through me and my dads FFL lisence because I am listed on the business. Have it shipped here the whole nine yards. And when it comes in if I like it or want it I can say dad let me borrow this he says okay sure. Then goes to his bound book and logs the gun out to himself which makes the gun in his name and says here you go.

ATF sayed... "he does not need a PPP or a CWP or a background check ran on him because he is a FFL dealer"

Now by doing that he is lending the gun to me because its in his name then! Trust me I ask the ATF man when he was in the shop about it!

Thanks again,
Blake

Nobody was questioning that, the comment I was responding to was that a parent or employers signature was required to make the purchase.

A parent or Employer does NOT have to sign for you to buy a handgun (privately under 21 with a PPP )
The parent comes into play if and when you wanted to buy a new gun from a FFL and or if your under 18 and want to target Shoot ETC.
EXACTLY no signature required! UNLESS you write a receipt to the person under 21 and have them sign it which is not a bad idea for your records!

LibertyorDeath910

Know your stuff

Brother you acually have to look up the laws yourself. Just go to http://www.ncsheriffs.org/images/2007 NC Firearms Laws Pub.pdf When a LEO telles you the law. Sometimes its how they want it to say. I was told i could be charged with GATTOTP if a citizen saw me and was threatened. I asked if proof was nessasary and he said that citizens were threatened by me wearing a handgun and is reasonable doubt to detain. I was told this by various Cumberland County Sheriff Officers and several damn Sheriff Watch Commanders. They tell me to talk to a lawyer cause they couldnt help me. So that means LAW Enforment doesent know the law. I carry my handgun openly everywhere i can go with it. One dispute with a liberal who thinks only police should have guns. haha. Just be aware what you do and how you act in public if you want to take it. You gotta do alot of things differently. One thing, how you stand in a line a walmart without making yourself vonorable to being disarmed. Its the small things. And know how to shoot accuratly under pressure. Shoot an innocent person, we all have to go through ****. Just know what your doing very well before you take a loaded weapon in public and around strangers.

Mike

ncwabbit

LibertyorDeath910, uh, er, excuse me but were you aware you were posting to an over TWO year olde thread?

just curious...

if you wish to start your own thread about your situation...might wish to pop it out there under NC...

wabbit

jconradh

I am replying to a 3 year old post from a 5 year old original post. It seems "going armed to the terror of the public" has come back to haunt us as a soldier was just arrested for it despite open carry being legal in NC:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/03/us/north-carolina-mall-gun-arrest/index.html

Doesn't make sense to me. :mad:

Jeff

LibertyorDeath910, uh, er, excuse me but were you aware you were posting to an over TWO year olde thread?

just curious...

if you wish to start your own thread about your situation...might wish to pop it out there under NC...

wabbit

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I am replying to a 3 year old post from a 5 year old original post. It seems "going armed to the terror of the public" has come back to haunt us as a soldier was just arrested for it despite open carry being legal in NC:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/03/us/north-carolina-mall-gun-arrest/index.html

Doesn't make sense to me. :mad:

Jeff
Errr - well mostly welcome to OCDO, but if you saw the age/problem then it would have been decidedly better to have started a new thread.

PATRIOT88

Banned
Im not very open online, but I will say I have been here for roughly 55-60ish days and didnt start open carrying until a few weeks after I got here. I have had a bit of police encounters and been told about going armed to the terror of the public. I also read about a north carolina woman that was arrested and charged for carrying her carbine or some type of long gun. I still retain my freedom, however....does going armed to the terror of the public apply to any type of open carry or just shotguns/carbines/rifles? I will go back and read other posts when I can....just wondering what it applies to. I have expressed numerous times I have no evil intent yet a few business owners do not seem to care (the places in question are listed in some of my earlier posts and have no signs legally pursuant to prohibit open carry in any way or type.)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
been told about going armed to the terror of the public.

does going armed to the terror of the public apply to any type of open carry or just shotguns/carbines/rifles?

....just wondering what it applies to.

Check out http://www.grnc.org/

I have expressed numerous times I have no evil intent yet a few business owners do not seem to care (the places in question are listed in some of my earlier posts and have no signs legally pursuant to prohibit open carry in any way or type.)

Hate to be the one to tell you, and in blunt terms, but nobody cares what your intent may or may not be. It's all about their "right to feel safe" and their "right to be free from fear".

It's impossible to fight emotions with facts. The best you can do is get them to admit they are dealing with emotions - then you might, if very skilled, get them to decide if those emotions are rational. (For most antis the odds of doing that are even less than the odds of me getting back with my ex.:uhoh:)

stay safe.

bc.cruiser

Im not very open online, but I will say I have been here for roughly 55-60ish days and didnt start open carrying until a few weeks after I got here. I have had a bit of police encounters and been told about going armed to the terror of the public. I also read about a north carolina woman that was arrested and charged for carrying her carbine or some type of long gun. I still retain my freedom, however....does going armed to the terror of the public apply to any type of open carry or just shotguns/carbines/rifles? I will go back and read other posts when I can....just wondering what it applies to. I have expressed numerous times I have no evil intent yet a few business owners do not seem to care (the places in question are listed in some of my earlier posts and have no signs legally pursuant to prohibit open carry in any way or type.)

You are implying that you OCed a long gun into various businesses. Is this correct? What kind of gun did you carry?

PATRIOT88

Banned
So, does my concern for my safety/security trump sensitized fear mongers or what? As you said, People have the right to feel safe. As such, being in an area with no friends yet and such, I have the right and responsibility to be armed, goes into human rights and constitutional rights.

PATRIOT88

Banned
no...did not carry any long gun. not sure if I will based on the reaction of two business managers or owners with just my properly sheathed, securely retained knife.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
So, does my concern for my safety/security trump sensitized fear mongers or what? As you said, People have the right to feel safe. As such, being in an area with no friends yet and such, I have the right and responsibility to be armed, goes into human rights and constitutional rights.

Say what??

Perhaps you could tell me where that right springs from?

stay safe.

Last edited by a moderator:

PATRIOT88

Banned
well, the second amendment for starters...also, if a sensitized person/anti-arm individual has the right to feel safe, then so do I in the way I live.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
well, the second amendment for starters...also, if a sensitized person/anti-arm individual has the right to feel safe, then so do I in the way I live.
You side stepped Skid's question. Please show specifically where in the 2A it says anyone has the right to feel safe.

You are creating a negative persona with your infelicitous posts. Not a good start for someone on OCDO.

PATRIOT88

Banned
In addition to the constitution, second amendment and the article that says life, liberty and pursuit of happiness are protected and inalienable, human rights coincide.

Right to Life, protected by arms.

Freedom of torture, protected by arms.

Freedom of slavery, protected by arms.

Freedom of movement, protected by arms.

Then of course, there is safety and security.

If NO, STAY BACK or STOP commands do not work and someone proceeds to threaten your life, attempt to torture you, enslave you or hinder your freedom of travel, then you have the right to use your arms extending from reasonable to deadly force depending on the situation.

Of course there are so sensitive lines and fine lines, such as with police and military personnel, but it is up to the individual to research those.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Stop, cease, desist!

In addition to the constitution, second amendment and the article that says life, liberty and pursuit of happiness are protected and inalienable, human rights coincide.

Right to Life, protected by arms.

Freedom of torture, protected by arms.

Freedom of slavery, protected by arms.

Freedom of movement, protected by arms.

Then of course, there is safety and security.

If NO, STAY BACK or STOP commands do not work and someone proceeds to threaten your life, attempt to torture you, enslave you or hinder your freedom of travel, then you have the right to use your arms extending from reasonable to deadly force depending on the situation.

Of course there are so sensitive lines and fine lines, such as with police and military personnel, but it is up to the individual to research those.

Because you want the 2A to say something, doesn't mean it does in fact do that. You attribute directly to that amendment that which is absent from the words and contrary to the point of its existance.

You also cross over a legal line when you state that "use of arms" is legal in all situations that you so loosely define. 'Taint so.
(15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

PATRIOT88

Banned
Well, someone said an anti/sensitized individual has the right to be safe and free from fear, so therefore, should it not be the same with armed individuals like you and I? I dont know about you, but I dont feel comfortable, safe or free from fear in an area I really dont know or trust anyone WITHOUT my arms.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Well, someone said an anti/sensitized individual has the right to be safe and free from fear, so therefore, should it not be the same with armed individuals like you and I? I dont know about you, but I dont feel comfortable, safe or free from fear in an area I really dont know or trust anyone WITHOUT my arms.
I could care less what someone, somewhere said. I will follow the law and rules of OCDO, I will cite.

You continue to ignore the requests for cites, instead interject again the mythical right to be "free from fear."

It would appear that you have no intention of posting responsibly and would seem to be playing us with your private but erroneous definitions and reasons.

WalkingWolf

That person was using sarcasm, but you are new so you didn't catch the sarcasm.

PATRIOT88

Banned
look at page two...that where my earlier statements came from, to answer/reply to someone in this forum who said people have a right to be free from fear, etc.

Also, make no mistake, I am not suggesting any illegal activity. Almost all my statements can be verified. here are some links.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights#Universal_Declaration_of_Human_Rights

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/state-passes-law-legalize-self-defense-police/

think of the above law as you may...like I said, sensitive lines/subjects regarding military and police personnel are up to the individual to research.

I am law abiding and have no evil intent nor will/have I done anything illegal.

lastly, I answered the questions as best as I could.

there are many situations that fall into human rights violations. would you let your little sister be enslaved/turned into a sex slave? no. would you let someone threaten you and not warn them or take precautionary measures? no. would you let someone assault you during your travels, be it walking or other methods of transportation? no.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

That was me. What I actually wrote was

Check out http://www.grnc.org/

Hate to be the one to tell you, and in blunt terms, but nobody cares what your intent may or may not be. It's all about their "right to feel safe" and their "right to be free from fear".

It's impossible to fight emotions with facts. The best you can do is get them to admit they are dealing with emotions - then you might, if very skilled, get them to decide if those emotions are rational. (For most antis the odds of doing that are even less than the odds of me getting back with my ex.:uhoh:)

stay safe.

Notice the "scare quotes" (see, I just used them again) around "right to feel safe" and "right to be free from fear"?

And did you read the rest of the post in order where I suggested that those "rights" were in fact emotions and not "rights"?

As for

I dont feel comfortable, safe or free from fear in an area I really dont know or trust anyone WITHOUT my arms.

A very famous gun writer whose name I cannot recall once wrote that if you are planning to go to a place that is unsafe you should bring all your guns, and all your friends with all their guns, or just don't go there. I take my handgun with me not because I know (or fear) I will need it, but because if it comes to pass that I do need it I'd rather have it with me than have it at home or sitting in my car.

If you tell me specifically where you live (by PM if you do not want to post the information for everyone to see) I can help you find folks who are in the business of helping you if this is an accurate description: http://psychcentral.com/disorders/paranoid-personality-disorder-symptoms/

stay safe.