• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Baby steps

Brimstone Baritone

imported post

Well, I went to Starbucks today after work but I wasn't carrying (can't because of where I work). I got to say, seeing the guys there hanging out and not being harassed really got my confidence up.

When I got home, I changed into some jeans, and dug around till I found a knife I bought a few years back. Slipped the sheath onto my belt and went out to meet some friends. After that, I had dinner out with my wife. No one bothered me, or even seemed to notice, until one of my friends who asked me where I bought it. Then another asked me why I was wearing it, and I said I wanted to get used to wearing a holster and this was the closest thing I had. He asked me if I was going to be a cop. When I said no, all he said was "Well, that's what I'm trying to do. That or a corrections officer." That's it. I even gave him a trifold (Thanks Jonathan). I know a knife isn't a gun, but we all have to go our own pace, right? I'm proud to say that today I carried a weapon openly for self-defense and to exercise my right to bear arms.

Attaching a picture of the knife. Sorry for the poor quality, the built-in webcam on my laptop is so bad you can't even tell that the sheath is tan.

Jonathon Sometimes

imported post

Good job, dude. You're well on your way. I even made a joke about how you would look more appropriate OC'ing a sword on another post.

I've seen people OC'ing guns, but not since Natural Born Killers have I seen a knife TRULY OC'ed. People always clip em' to their pockets and that's technically OC, but outside the pants sheath is the way to go.

Welcome to the craziness. This movement becomes an obsession, and just like in Fight Club, everywhere you go you start sizing things up.

When CC'ing:

"I would probably get arrested/kicked outta here for OC."

"Man, I wish the wind would just blow my jacket up like Marilyn Monroe."

"Dude, it's hot."

When OC'ing:

"Oh crap, I know that guy from ______. Here we go with the questions..."

"Freedom is truly awesome. Is this what other patriots felt like?"

"Man, I hate waiting in lines. Maybe I'll just barely rest my arm up against it so those darn people behind me can't snatch the precious so easily." (Cuz everyone's out to snatch your sidearm when OC'ing. :))

Ok, maybe most of these are just me.

David S.

imported post

1st RULE: You do not talk about FIGHT CLUB.
2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about FIGHT CLUB.

3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out the fight is over.

4th RULE: Only two guys to a fight.

5th RULE: One fight at a time.

6th RULE: No shirts, no shoes.

7th RULE: Fights will go on as long as they have to.

8th RULE: If this is your first night at FIGHT CLUB, you HAVE to fight.