• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fellow OC'er

mrh2008

imported post

Today, i went to Wal-Mart with my wife (power/ray) to get a new leash for our pup. I decided to run by sportting goods to see if they had my ammo which they NEVER do. While i was back there, i saw another OC'er in his mid to late 50's. I walked up to the counter OC'ing my XD45 serviceand gave him "the nod"... instead of "the nod" in return, he looked at my OC firearm and shook his head left to right for 10 seconds, like a father does when his son dissapoints him. I couldnt figure out why. Needless to say, they didnt have any .45auto in stock, so i went about my shopping. A few times today i thought about why he reacted like that and i cant figure it out! Is it because im young-ish? (22) was it what i was wearing? jeans and a tank-top? (nearly 90 degrees today) i dont wear my pants around my knees, and likewise, my tank-tops dont go to my knees either.I couldnt help but think to myself "Why does this man think he has the right to defend himself, and at the same time think that another man doesnt." Maybe he was haveing a bad day, maybe he thought i was David Walters' twin (man that shot a round through the roof last week) or maybe he doesnt like younger people carrying thinking that we are not responsible enough. IDK what he was thinking, but i found it odd that a fellow OC'er dissaproved of me OC'ing. I thought we ALL liked to see others legaly OC'ing. this was not my first encounter with another OC'er, but it was my only negative encounter. Any thoughts as to why it went the way it did? I just walked up to the counter, jeans and tank-top, no gangster walk, no pants around my knees, no bad attitude, just a normal OC'er looking to buy someammo....:(:(

fighting_for_freedom

imported post

mrh2008 wrote:
snip>>>>he looked at my OC firearm and shook his head left to right for 10 seconds
Just a thought......... maybe he was showing his disapproval of what you were carrying.

Maybe he didn't like XDs. What was HE carrying? A revolver perhaps? Maybe he didn't like those darn newfangled semi-whatchamajiggers.

mrh2008

imported post

That could have been it, he was OC'ing an older 1911. Maybe he doesn't like "plastic" guns. I didnt think about that, i thought i did something else that made him disaprove. Maybe i should have asked him, but then again maybe if would have been worse if i tried talking to him. :?

Dahwg

imported post

Think it may have been Sonora Rebel. If you were wearing short pants, that would be definitely have caused the disapproval. Sonora carries cross-draw.

Was it you Sonora? Were you the cranky guy at Wally World up in Mesa?
:p

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Dahwg wrote:
Think it may have been Sonora Rebel. If you were wearing short pants, that would be definitely have caused the disapproval. Sonora carries cross-draw.

Was it you Sonora? Were you the cranky guy at Wally World up in Mesa?
:p

T'wern't me... I rarely go that far north. I get Yankeeitis.

I think I've been inna Wally World twice in my life... but yeah... it was prob'ly the short pants 'n tank top thing. Most guys dress (and look like) slobs. Not only the younger ones.

1FASTC4

imported post

A guy shook his head at you and you callit a "run in"

Here's an aggravated assault for you: :celebrate

mrh2008

imported post

I'm thinkin thats what it was. must have been my carry weapon. maybe i'll carry something other than my plastic "toy gun" for a change.. lol :lol::lol: