• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Proud first-time OC woman here

johnny amish

imported post

Congrats Shell, be proudand feel good you've earned it. It is a big responsibility to take control of not only your own self protection but also the protection of everyone around you. Somethingtruly to be proud of. It wont take long and oc'ing will feel as normal as carrying a cell phone. As for your hubby, give him time and he'll see how cool you are and want to join in. Welcome aboard. Carry on my friend.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

comp45acp wrote:
Oh, tell your husband to grow a pair.
And...

Cobbersmom wrote:
Good job. Guess we know who's got the balls in the family (don't let your husband read this!)
Do you really think that bashing her husband is the kind of public image we want to portray for the OC movement and do you believe it is a good way to convince him to OC? Think about it.... :cuss:

Dave

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

logan wrote:
Shell wrote:
So I've heard about the idea to keep a voice recorder on you, but I'm not sure when it should be on? All the time that I am OC, or just when someone comes up and says something harassing?
I don't carry a voice recorder myself. Mainly because I try to find a nice one and they are all expensive. And besides that, I hate my voice so I'd hate to have to replay it to listen to it :) and honestly, I don't OC every time I go shopping, so I just can't justify spending the money. Also, like others have said, I don't want OC to feel like something out of the ordinary.

But, you would want it turned on at all times while OCing. Soon as you holster up, turn it on. You never know when somebody might start saying something to you,and you don't want to be reaching into your purse or wherever to turn it on.

I agree with Logan. Whenever I open carry off my property my recorder is on. I hate doing it but I certainly do not want to take a chance of running into those out there that really seem to hate us. I think there have been a few recent events where open carry people have been verbally harassed so it is probably best to just record while out and about.:exclaim:

Shell

imported post

I must say that I am a little amused by the "tell your husband to grow a pair" comments, although I'm not sure what he would think about it... Anyways, he is into rifles now and not really interested in getting his own handgun at the moment since we just spent way too much on our purchases lately. I guess when your wife says that she wants a gun, you try to indulge her :)

Thanks for the info about the voice recorder, I will have to find a good one that will fit in my little outside purse pocket... I can definitely see the uses in having one, even if it gets you out of only just 1 jam. Better than facing a long day in jail just because the LEO takes the word of the unarmed person over yours, right?

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

davegran wrote:
comp45acp wrote:
And...

Cobbersmom wrote:
Good job. Guess we know who's got the balls in the family (don't let your husband read this!)
Do you really think that bashing her husband is the kind of public image we want to portray for the OC movement and do you believe it is a good way to convince him to OC? Think about it.... :cuss:

Dave
The public possesses something I guess you don't. Its not a pair of balls, but its a SENSE OF HUMOR!

Cobbersmom

imported post

Dave
Sweetheart, try growing a sense of humor, it's obviously lacking.

hardballer

imported post

The idea that referring to a man's testicles in reference to his manhood or in this case person-hood is disingenuous to a fault in this particular case.

We are trying to portray a civil, respectful image and this really is not it. To be fair, All the women who are married to, or girlfriends of the "real men" who carry on this forum should be referred to as cows if they don't carry and reference to their "boobs" or mammaries should be just fine too. "Hey check out those guns."

How 'bout if you can't carry a gun, you should be bare foot and pregnant in the kitchen doing women's work.

No woman or man thinks this is funny when directed at them (and I don't find it humorous at all) and it is no different than bullying behavior in grade school.

Sure one can just brush it off but this kind of behavior tells us a lot more about the name caller then the one it is directed at. I prefer a forum where we support each other in a positive way so as to promote open carry. Name calling is not that positive way.

If we can stay away from denigrating remarks and use supportive, uplifting comments to encourage others to carry, we will be far better off.

Just my 2cents

Hardballer

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hardballer said "If we can stay away from denigrating remarks and use supportive, uplifting comments to encourage others to carry, we will be far better off.

Just my 2cents

Hardballer"

Well said Hardballer. It seems that almost every single topic gets denigrated by the same folks over and over. I wish there was a filter I could use to block out certain posters. :(

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

rcawdor57 wrote:
I wish there was a filter I could use to block out certain posters. :(

There is. It begins at the retina, runs along the optic nerve and is processed by software contained in the frontal lobe.

:monkeyIt works!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Shotgun wrote:
rcawdor57 wrote:
I wish there was a filter I could use to block out certain posters. :(

There is. It begins at the retina, runs along the optic nerve and is processed by software contained in the frontal lobe.

:monkeyIt works!
You are right of course! Thanks! :cool:

Shell

imported post

So I totally OCed at Woodmans tonight :) Not a single person said anything to me, and I only got one nasty look from a rather nasty-looking woman that was in one of those shopping scooters. I guess she only noticed because she was at eye-level, because nobody else gave me a second glance. I do feel even more confident OCing this second time around :) I love my Blackhawk CQC holster! It slides onto my belt (or could bolt onto the paddle in the case of wearing a skirt without belt?), and the hammer can't even be cocked while it's in the holster, which makes me feel infinitely more comfortable. It's not bulky to wear and is so easy to draw when I practice drawing it.

I really love not feeling like a poor defenseless deer when I go out at night by myself. That is worth so much to me. And my two little ones who depend on my being alive. I want to champion the OC cause now!

johnny amish

imported post

Shell wrote:
So I totally OCed at Woodmans tonight :) Not a single person said anything to me, and I only got one nasty look from a rather nasty-looking woman that was in one of those shopping scooters. I guess she only noticed because she was at eye-level, because nobody else gave me a second glance. I do feel even more confident OCing this second time around :) I love my Blackhawk CQC holster! It slides onto my belt (or could bolt onto the paddle in the case of wearing a skirt without belt?), and the hammer can't even be cocked while it's in the holster, which makes me feel infinitely more comfortable. It's not bulky to wear and is so easy to draw when I practice drawing it.

I really love not feeling like a poor defenseless deer when I go out at night by myself. That is worth so much to me. And my two little ones who depend on my being alive. I want to champion the OC cause now!
Congrats Shell, sounds like you've unleashed the beast, how awesome. You are the champion for not listening to the liberal bias out there surrounding gun's and gun rights. The truth is you and your family are much safer. Hats off to you. Be proud to OC, as for any nasty looks you might get just remember they are jealous of youbecause you are now part of the cool crowd. Carry on my freind.

comp45acp

imported post

davegran wrote:
comp45acp wrote:
And...

Cobbersmom wrote:
Do you really think that bashing her husband is the kind of public image we want to portray for the OC movement and do you believe it is a good way to convince him to OC? Think about it....   :cuss:

Dave

Shell told the story about her husband with a little humor. I responded in the same vein. Loosen up a little.