• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

They couldn't have picked a better man

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Congratulations Dale !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:dude::D:dude:

and Brandy and Mark

After Mack Elliott died in November, the Board just couldn't bring itself to pick a replacement right away. A certain amount of healing has to occur, I guess.

The Board finally decided we had to move forward and fill Mack's position.

Board members are elected from the pool of Executive Members, of which VCDL now has over 50. There is an incredible amount of smart, talented, and dedicated leaders within our Executive Membership, making the Board's deliberation anguishing as we chose someone to fill Mack's position and his very large shoes.

After considerable deliberation over each of the Executive Members, the Board is pleased to announce its newest member is Dale Welch!

Those of you who know Dale, know how tireless he is. Dale also has a clear and unflinching view of our liberties, is well versed on gun laws and events, offers sage advice, and will be a good steward of the rights of Virginia's gun owners.

Dale will serve out Mack's term, which ends in June. At that time the entire body of Executive Members will decide on reelecting Dale to fill that position for the next two years.

Welcome aboard, Dale!

--

VCDL also selected two new Executive members today and I would like to be the first to welcome them:

Brandy Polanowski and Mark Matthews

Brandy has been very active in the Richmond area with coordinating VCDL membership meetings and assisting with other VCDL events.

Mark is a criminal attorney who is a strong believer in our Second Amendment rights and has been ready and willing to help VCDL navigate through various legal matters as a member of VCDL's Legal Advisory Committee. Whenever VCDL determines that a lawsuit is necessary for some reason, Mark will be one of our "go to" guys.

--

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I jusrt started getting ready to go to Richmond for the March. Packed up lenses and put on my city gun, then read the news.

This is going to be a very good day!:D

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I don't think the board could have made a better choice.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

fale.jpg

45acpForMe

imported post

After considerable deliberation over each of the Executive Members, the Board is pleased to announce its newest member is Dale Welch!

Truly a man "of the people"! Congrats!

VCDL also selected two new Executive members today and I would like to be the first to welcome them:

Brandy Polanowski and Mark Matthews

Congrats! What are Brandy & Mark's online name?

The Wolfhound

imported post

I am not sure if it is correct protcol to identify Dale by his forum handle, but you have read his posts and he has over 8356 of them. Congratulations!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I just got an e-mail from Dale.

To celebrate his elevation, he is hosting a huge picnic at a pavilion nearhis place on Memorial Day! Catered barbeque andtwo live bands.

What a guy!!

PS: Not really. This is payback for similar highjinx he's pulled on me.

Congratulations, Dale.

The Wolfhound

imported post

It would take asmidge of research to figure out. He is idenified in some of the pictures elsewhere. There are those on the forum who might not have made the connection to Dale and his posted efforts.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Appreciate the many kind remarks, in fact it is somewhat overwhelming.

VCDL is a team effort and I am proud to be part of that team - it is a cause in which I believe in very fervently.

Yata hey, Dale