• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Please Mayor Bloomburg, I Don't Wanna Go

Pagan

imported post

2a4all wrote:
Perhaps a few of good citizens could volunteer a table of private firarms for sell, and just wait with voice recorders for the dang yankee's to show up. Citizens arrest for felonies is lawful.
This could backfire. Howwould youdetermineif a given buyer was a prohibited person vs an undercover LEO? Your only real recourse is to ask if s/he could pass a background check, and you have no way to verify the response. If the response was "no", and you proceeded with the sale, who'd be arresting whom? If you denied the sale, and the prospect was an undercover ATF agent, you mightget an "attaboy". You might end up selling all of themto legitimate buyers, some of whom might be "yankees" (no apostrophe)before anyBloomie agentstried to buy any.

I think we are talking out of state stra purchases here are we not? Specifically by those sent down here from up north, did I miss something? I don't really mind yanks in general, just throwing in some humor, so I thought. But if we are seeking out of state straw purchases , we could simply have the prices so stupid high that nobody else with any brains would buy them. I'm thinking a sting just to catch these pukes.

Ask for proof of Va. residence, if they can't provide one, and still insist with trying to buy a firearm, and all of the "transaction" is caght on audio, and why not video as well, digital recorders for both audio and video are cheap, hell I own both. Also hiding a camera or audio device is stupid easy.

Once the Bloomie drone takes the bait, inform the authorities, or if he has just committed a felony by trying to have another person that is aresident make the purchase, that would certainly be two felonies committed, onceagain alert authorities with audio/video evidence or make the arrest your self....is that not legal?

richarcm

imported post

I was working the Second Amendment March table at this show. We were next to a table, all the way in the back, selling hundreds of different types of rifles and shotguns. Very popular table. At the very end of the show two younger black kids (not sure of their age) attempted to buy an AK47. One of the boys said something pretty sketchy to the salesman about shooting up people. He turned around and noticed I was watching them and froze for a minute. Then it turns out that he only had a NY license and nothing else. He was trying very hard to get the salesman and the manager to sell him the gun but they kept requesting a 2nd form of ID (utility bill, car registration, etc). But they couldn't manufacture it. The entire time it smelt funny. Not sure if they were plants, punk kids or just unprepared. But it smelt funny.

Pagan

imported post

AbNo wrote:
One question, Pagan.

Would YOU be willing to put your arse on the line to do this?
Ifit's lawful , and actually had some guns that I would be willing to put upfor sale, sure would. I'm not really big on tough talk, if something needs to get done, andI can do it, and it won't land me behind bars, I'm there dude!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Pagan wrote:
AbNo wrote:
One question, Pagan.

Ifit's lawful , and actually had some guns that I would be willing to put upfor sale, sure would. I'm not really big on tough talk, if something needs to get done, andI can do it, and it won't land me behind bars, I'm there dude!
I'm in too but if we're going to do it, time to take it PM.

2a4all

imported post

peter nap wrote:
Pagan wrote:
AbNo wrote:
One question, Pagan.

I'm in too but if we're going to do it, time to take it PM.

I made this comment when I bereated our fine mayor about his MAIG membership:

"Mayor Bloomberg’s actions so incensed the General Assembly that in 2007, it enacted legislation requiring that so-called “sting sales” be witnessed by either Virginia or Federal LEOs. This legislation was signed into law by Gov Kaine in March of 2007. In May of 2007, AG Bob McDonnell advised Mayor Bloomberg that further “sting sales” activity could lead to prosecution."
Verbum sapienti sufficium est.