Thread: Handgun Transport Question - Mag ok to keep on person?

Post imported post

No CPL yet, still pending

Is there any reason I can't wear my spare magazine on my mag holster while transporting my firearm in case in the trunk?

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

No problem that I know of.

Post imported post

(d) To a person while transporting a pistol for a lawful purpose that is licensed by the owner or occupant of the motor vehicle in compliance with section 2 of 1927 PA 372, MCL 28.422, and the pistol is unloaded in a closed case designed for the storage of firearms in the trunk of the vehicle.
    (e) To a person while transporting a pistol for a lawful purpose that is licensed by the owner or occupant of the motor vehicle in compliance with section 2 of 1927 PA 372, MCL 28.422, and the pistol is unloaded in a closed case designed for the storage of firearms in a vehicle that does not have a trunk and is not readily accessible to the occupants of the vehicle

I see nothing of the nature of not being allowed to have said magazine on you. i thought i had seen another section on transporting firearms not dealing with "case designed for the storage of a firearm" but i can not find it.